Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Open Road Today

Had a super day at Arley Hall today - drove nearly every car on the books.

Nice people, until..........

We get the SC430 after waiting hours and hours and hours (you get the picture)

Take it out for a run (after being warned to take it steady - there had been complaints from local yokels about speeding through the village) off we tootle.

So far so good. :D

Stopped half way at changeover point and had a go with the roof. It was down (beautiful, sunny day), so we put it up...... and back down. :yahoo:

Set off :yahoo:

Bing bing bing bing bing ....... etc

Bugger £50 + k car and we've broken it :oops::crybaby:

What to do :question::crybaby:

Looked everywhere - under hood, doors, seatbelts, pressed buttons galore nothing - by now we were slightly :whistling:

I know - phone Lisa at Lexus Stockport, she'll know :D

At this point we had been passed by the other SC, an RX300 and several of the smaller Lexus (and a GS430 at about Mach4.....................)

Eventually, we discover the roof had not closed itself properly, and after closing it and opening it again another couple of times the bing stopped. And we resumed our merry way

Got back to the folks at Arley Hall to be greeted with

"With all due respect (and we ALL know what that means <_< ) you've had this car out for 40 minutes and you're only allowed 25. You were told before you set off that we have a waiting list for this car.............." you get the idea

We had the keys taken from us and were made to feel unwelcome to say the least, even though we had explained why we were late back

We were told once we got back that there was a number to ring on the laminated map in case of any problem, but we didn't use the map, and no-one had pointed this out to us before any of the test drives (they all had sat-nav anyway!)

So - a super day, totally ruined by the attitude of the Open Road staff, for something which was out of our control

Maybe we shouldn't have put the roof up and down, but no-one said we couldn't and anyway, it's a test drive, not just of the car, but of the comfort features too, isn't it?

We plan to send some form of complaint about this matter to Lexus

Let's see what they say :mat:

I've got to attend our open road event on the 9th June at Weston Park near Telford.

Well, have a super day Chris. Hope you get the weather like we did :blush: (that's sunburn!)

MAKE SURE you have a contact number on the bottom of your laminated map - and TELL people it's there BEFORE they set off, not after they get back - it may save embarassment like we had :angry:

btw not directed at you Chris, we love you :blink::wub:

I've got to attend our open road event on the 9th June at Weston Park near Telford.

Hey somehow i got an invite to yours Chris ...

Sorry can't attend mate - bit of a trek oop north :D

Did register for the Hadleigh / Ipswich one though ....

Maybe i'll get a go @ that one.

Hey somehow i got an invite to yours Chris ...

Sorry can't attend mate - bit of a trek oop north :D

Did register for the Hadleigh / Ipswich one though ....

Maybe i'll get a go @ that one.

Lexus take the names from our database, and because you've had parts from me our name and address will be on it

Good old Lexus,

Got through the post a well flash invite. Come drive our cars. Etc. etc. etc.

What a lovely idea I thought.

(small print: you must be over 25).

WHY!?!?!?? I'm 22 and drive a Lexus. Why must you be over 25 ???

Really did frustrate me that. :tsktsk:

Here......Matt.......you give it to them boy, get that letter sent.

Good old Lexus,

Got through the post a well flash invite. Come drive our cars. Etc. etc. etc.

What a lovely idea I thought.

(small print: you must be over 25).

WHY!?!?!?? I'm 22 and drive a Lexus. Why must you be over 25 ???

Really did frustrate me that. :tsktsk:

Here......Matt.......you give it to them boy, get that letter sent.

It's probably for insurance purposes...

Mrs Mop aint gonna be happy.. :whistling:

Think I have driven every type of current Lexus onwe way or another... the SC430, Nice, the LS 430, VERY nice. The GS 430, smoother than my 300... Nice B)

The IS200, nice in an underpowered sort of way (Sorry, I know I will get caned for that)

the 300 sportscross, nice in a not very practical estate sort of way...

The RX300, Nice in a toff roader kind of way...

Guess I just don't want to be tempted out of my GS for anything right now... If I went and drove the SC again I'd start thinking which organs can I sell to buy one... Then I'd wake up with on Kidney and One Lung and realise I could have just gone out and spent £17k on a Mint TVR Cerbera and be gutted.

Sorry, not towing the party line today. could have just said, "I am happy with my car thanks" and been done with it. hey ho, someone will get a laugh I'm sure...

Loz :ph34r:

Ps. One of my best mates lives in a cottage at Arley Hall. Lord and Lady Ashbrooke are his Landlord/lady. HAd to be interveiwed by them,` *** knows how he faked it, but he is in Marketing... (sorry Claire)

Loz

PPs. Be honest Matt, Did you pull a ton 10 down that back straight on the road into Arely, We've all be tempted and my mate was first in his 325CI. I had to up him by 10 miles an hour to show him the inferiority of his German Lexus!

Had a super day at Arley Hall today - drove nearly every car on the books.

Nice people, until..........

We get the SC430 after waiting hours and hours and hours (you get the picture)

Take it out for a run (after being warned to take it steady - there had been complaints from local yokels about speeding through the village) off we tootle.

So far so good. :D

Stopped half way at changeover point and had a go with the roof. It was down (beautiful, sunny day), so we put it up...... and back down. :yahoo:

Set off :yahoo:

Bing bing bing bing bing ....... etc

Bugger £50 + k car and we've broken it :oops::crybaby:

What to do :question::crybaby:

Looked everywhere - under hood, doors, seatbelts, pressed buttons galore nothing - by now we were slightly :whistling:

I know - phone Lisa at Lexus Stockport, she'll know :D

At this point we had been passed by the other SC, an RX300 and several of the smaller Lexus (and a GS430 at about Mach4.....................)

Eventually, we discover the roof had not closed itself properly, and after closing it and opening it again another couple of times the bing stopped. And we resumed our merry way

Got back to the folks at Arley Hall to be greeted with

"With all due respect (and we ALL know what that means <_< ) you've had this car out for 40 minutes and you're only allowed 25. You were told before you set off that we have a waiting list for this car.............." you get the idea

We had the keys taken from us and were made to feel unwelcome to say the least, even though we had explained why we were late back

We were told once we got back that there was a number to ring on the laminated map in case of any problem, but we didn't use the map, and no-one had pointed this out to us before any of the test drives (they all had sat-nav anyway!)

So - a super day, totally ruined by the attitude of the Open Road staff, for something which was out of our control

Maybe we shouldn't have put the roof up and down, but no-one said we couldn't and anyway, it's a test drive, not just of the car, but of the comfort features too, isn't it?

We plan to send some form of complaint about this matter to Lexus

Let's see what they say :mat:

On our first test drive (The new RX) we got lost (completely). We were probably away for about 45 mins before the nav got us "home".

They didn't moan at us.

When it came to testing the SC we were asked if we wanted roof up or down and shown how to operate it.

Well, that shows the different attitudes of the Lexus GB staff, doesn't it.

It was my Open Road invitation and Matt was my "guest".

We received no sympathy whatsoever from the staff over our predicament when we got back.

What should we have done? Driven it not knowing if we were going to exacerbate the problem? Or tried to have sorted it out (which we did)

I suppose we were in a no-win situation really, I was just thankful that it wasn't something serious under the bonnet

I think the problem is such big queues develop for the SC430, I never got to drive one, on the first open road I couldn't be bothered to wait around for hours and on the last one they said the list was fully booked (I didn't get there till 3:30pm). No problems driving any of the other cars though.

Matt!

the GS 430 is a fine bit of kit! gas discharge lights selfleveling lights! smoothest engine in the range, available in "sports style" but not officially a sport model as the suspension is not up to the job yet.

Get one bought m8!

Only downside might be the new GS model in 2005....

But that means bargains on the used market!!

Loz

Ps. When you can get an SC430 for £18k I will be putting one in my collection. Although the gap may already have been filled by an SLK....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links