Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Exhausts

Fidgits

Hi,

I've been looking through all the threads on exhausts (far too many) and now I'm very confused...

So a little clarity would be nice:

Peco .... 100mm, sound okay, quiet on motorway.

HKS .... Hiper, 115mm, loud, exits at angle.

HKS .... Super Drager, 120mm, straight exit, quieter than Hiper.

TTE .... (remus), square exit, sounds okay, but quiet.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone have photos of the different options?

2. Is there any good exhausts I have missed?

3. How much do the HKS cost? and can you buy just the back box, or do you have do buy the complete system?

Peco Big Bore 4

Peco-Big-Bore4.JPG

HKS muffler can be bought on it's own

S_1148.jpg

HKS with a rear section suitable for your car, (see darky's piccys above)

or

the complete exhaust.

hks-hiper-big-exhaust.jpg

See HERE for a sample list of other makes of mufflers suitable for the IS.

I don't know anyone that has an HKS exhaust and is not pleased with it.

Remember though that all that glitters is not gold. Before you make your choice ensure that the pipe work is mandrel bent, that the welds are tig'd by robot, that at least the internals are stainless steel. BTW just because it is stainless does not mean it is any good - I have seen plenty of Euro made stainless systems that I would not have on my car.

i have tried both hyper and TRUST power extreme2

the power different from the two are about the same

but hyper just too noisy, i am current using power extreme, because i am scare that get pull over by the cops

I'll second that, I wouldn't change to any other manufacturer after having HKS.

The quality is second to none - I once reversed into a rockery on a neighbours drive at about 5mph. Fearing the worst, I went round to the rear of the car to find sandstone dust in the tailpipe :sad: but on closer inspection, it never even marked it :yahoo:

How many other exhausts could you say that about??

Ian try these, i had a japbox Dragonfire fitted and it's got the sound that i was after

not to loud whilst you were driving along but once you start to 'rag it' it has a nice roar

and all for £225(not boy racer or fast an furious).

Cant see the point in paying 400+ for no hp gain

Prepare for slating off HKS die hards :whistling:

http://www.topgear2.com

To be honest, I'd like the Peco, mainly cos i like they way it looks, I'm not bothered about hp gain, but I'd really like to get a better noise when revving hard, without it being a persistant irritation inside the car on motorway journeys...

But thanks for your help guys..

I'll second that, I wouldn't change to any other manufacturer after having HKS.

The quality is second to none - I once reversed into a rockery on a neighbours drive at about 5mph. Fearing the worst, I went round to the rear of the car to find sandstone dust in the tailpipe :sad: but on closer inspection, it never even marked it :yahoo:

How many other exhausts could you say that about??

my peco :blink:

I just fitted my HKS Hiper muffler yesterday. It sounds really nice, although I thought it would be louder.

Does anyone know what the two holes in the end of the tail pipe are for?

you can put in an optional piece that reduces the noise level

Hey guys!

just wondering is it bad for ur car to use the 2nd hand HKS Hyper?

its been used for 1 year :huh: also did u guys using high flow cat at all? also is 2.5 inch pipe good for the exhaust air flow? I know this sounds a bit funny i have the TTE supercharger, oil cooler, AT cooler on my IS but i don't have a exhaust :question:

So by this logic, as my Hiper is now a year old since I fitted, it's now suddenly bad for my car? :whistling:

Somehow. I don't think so... <_<

As long as you get it at a good price, with reasonable mileage, then there's ABSOLUTLEY NO problem.

And get yourself a decent air filter for your TTE S/C while yor at it.

HKS do one for the S/C for about £30. Part No. 1506-ST001

L_1130.jpg

you can make the exhaust noise louder by removing the cats for a smaller aftermarket item. But the noise becomes annoying after a while, especially on the freeway.

I've had

Remus

HKS Hiper

TRUST Power Extreme

Custom exhaust.

Mentioned today (by me) at Northern Mini meet - is the size of your exhaust directly or inversely proportionate to the size of your :whistling:

Hmm, be interested to hear your thoughts

Huh ?

Where does the size of your whistle come in to it ?

If it's any help, mine has a pee in it which vibrates when blown :unsure:

:D

Guys, just to add my bit in!! :D I have the Blitz Nur Spec exhaust and i think i am still the only one! :D Similar to the HKS Drager, but a little nicer in sound, fantastic when warmed up and not to loud on the motorway!! I'm very pleased!! :D

Ian...did you take a look at Bracknell....if not why not!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links