Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Do Lexus Breakers Often Try To Rip Us Off?

Dylan69

Well there was a couple of things i needed Cup holder for one, and i have a couple of issues with my keys so i enquired about a full set of locks with keys.

I was quite exited to find a local breaker advertising on eBay Puremoto-of-chesterfield, He is actually about a mile from me. Phoned him up and asked about just the ejecting part of the cup holder £30 :blink: Then asked about locks with keys £100 :blink: . Do they think the parts are gold plated?

Anyway i went to another vehicle breaker (had to travel about 7 miles) I got the whole console from the ashtray back including all switches, gear knob and some box that recieves some kind of signal (guessing central locking reciever for fob) for £15 plus vat and he wants £40 for the full set of locks with keys. I hope puremoto does well but at them prices i'm afraid i wont be using him.

Anyone else had shocking breaker prices and do all specific Lexus breakers have these kind of prices?

yeah all the time mate.

theres a seller on eBay got a dash for sale and some broken headlights.

wants £60 for the headlights (that are cracked) and £280 for the dash board(thats very scuffed)! dreamer!

also he put them as auctions as well as buy it now so when i woun each item for a few pounds he refused to sell! he's now on -3 feedback lol

Yes you are right to take as you find, But it just seemed to me (especially with the cup holder) he thought of a price and tripled it. Or is £30 ok for the cup holder (only ejecting part)? Could well be me new to used lexus part prices. If that is so i'm glad i found someone like me that didn't know the value.

Yes you are right to take as you find, But it just seemed to me (especially with the cup holder) he thought of a price and tripled it. Or is £30 ok for the cup holder (only ejecting part)? Could well be me new to used lexus part prices. If that is so i'm glad i found someone like me that didn't know the value.

I would agree that 30 quid was steep for the cup holder. You are spot on, some breakers know what they have, some don't (or don't care). If you can find the latter, then you are quids in for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Well there was a couple of things i needed Cup holder for one, and i have a couple of issues with my keys so i enquired about a full set of locks with keys.

I was quite exited to find a local breaker advertising on Ebay Puremoto-of-chesterfield, He is actually about a mile from me. Phoned him up and asked about just the ejecting part of the cup holder £30 :blink: Then asked about locks with keys £100 :blink: . Do they think the parts are gold plated?

Anyway i went to another vehicle breaker (had to travel about 7 miles) I got the whole console from the ashtray back including all switches, gear knob and some box that recieves some kind of signal (guessing central locking reciever for fob) for £15 plus vat and he wants £40 for the full set of locks with keys. I hope puremoto does well but at them prices i'm afraid i wont be using him.

Anyone else had shocking breaker prices and do all specific Lexus breakers have these kind of prices?

just think your lucky your not here in australia,parts are 5 x what you would expect, also as there are hardly any of the lexus breakers here they cash in on the knowledge no one else has the stuff,

I just payed $150 aud for a second hand heater control for under the bonnet, it drips water, and a brand new one is only $195 au but I have to order one, and that is a 3-4 week wait,

So i had to buy it, or get towed,

Yours truelly, NOT HAPPY

yeah because of the lexus badge i suppose. i personally think it might make a difference if you turn up and ask face to face, so they know you are actually interested and not just calling around to get quotes.

I have a "personal" Toyota Celsior in a scrapyard near to me, the reason I say personal is that no-one has ever asked for a part off it except me and the parts I have taken off are stored as spares "just in case"

• 1 month later...

I was quite exited to find a local breaker advertising on Ebay Puremoto-of-chesterfield, He is actually about a mile from me. Phoned him up and asked about just the ejecting part of the cup holder £30 :blink: Then asked about locks with keys £100 :blink: . Do they think the parts are gold plated?

h,all well and good talking about breakers,what about owners who want to pay little or next to nothing,lets all be real and fair.

Every time Ive phoned a breakers, or gone on a site like 24/7 or similar, the parts quoted seem really high to me! I was recently looking for a brake caliper.I got prices from between £50 to £150? The mechanic doing my work got a new one for £90? How does that work?

Im currently looking for replacement seats for my is200. Prices on e-bay and breakers Ive phoned are pathetic! No way Im gonna pay £300 ish for half leather seats which are only slightly better than what I already have!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links