Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I had my alloys replaced last year under warranty due to corrosion without me making any suggestions about it.

This year I asked Lexus to look at the alloys as their is definitely corrosion on them again.

Strangely this time they have refused to replace them under warranty as one of the alloys has been kerbed slightly and according to Lexus they cannot replace the alloys due to this.

Am I being fobbed off or this the experience others have had?

I would say on my experience you are being fobbed off.

I bought an 07 plate in Aug 2009 and had all the alloys changed before purchase. I looked after the alloys but there was some very small barely noticeable corrosion on the fronts (and a slight kerbing) and 7 months later they swapped the lot out with not a quibble or inspection with me present.

I can't complain at that service but how alloys can start to go off after one winter despite weekly cleaning is poor.

I would say push for replacements, the issue is corrosion whether they are kerbed or not.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I had my Alloys replaced last year under warranty due to corrosion without me making any suggestions about it.

This year I asked Lexus to look at the Alloys as their is definitely corrosion on them again.

Strangely this time they have refused to replace them under warranty as one of the Alloys has been kerbed slightly and according to Lexus they cannot replace the Alloys due to this.

Am I being fobbed off or this the experience others have had?

I suspect each owner only gets one new set of alloys per car otherwise they'd make no money. I've had the same treatment too.

What annoys me is that they clearly haven't addressed the source of the manufacturing problem.

On each of my IS250s I've had two sets of alloys swopped to corrosion and at least two of those were kerbed in some way. So yes, you are being fobbed off, and no, you are not limited to one set of replacement alloys per car.

Same here.

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant result. Other manufacturers are using the "kerbed" cop out on the grounds that they are not just making good the corrosion but making good accidental damage. They call it "betterment".

Providing the corrosion has not been caused by kerbing, stonechips or any other kind of damage then they should be replaced as long as the car is still under its manufacturer warranty :)

Hi,

I've just had the corrosion on my IS250 alloys inspected by Lexus Hedge End. Although the fronts have just started to bubble, I was concerned that they may reject my claim for the rears as the only obvious evidence was roughness on the inner corners of some spokes. I need not have worried as they confirmed that there was sufficient evidence to replace rears as well. Good news as the warranty runs out in September even though the car's only done 15K.

Interestingly, I was advised that they don't have the refurbishment programme which I used with my IS200 but instead the IS250 gets new alloys with the same insufficient lacquer on the inside of the wheel. I was wondering if I should arrange for the new alloys to be re-lacquered before I go to have them fitted. Does anyone know if this has been tried before to curb the problem in the future? Is it a simple over spray or does the current finish have to be stripped back first?

I'm assuming that I'll have to pay for this but it may be worth the cash if it prolongs the finish.

Thanks in advance.