Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was thinking the other day that as a biker, we tend to aknowledge each other in passing and can remember back to before I passed my car test and had a 'plastic pig' it was a similar story.

I can remember being aknowledged on the road once by a fellow mk4 driver to which I returned the gesture. Due to nature of LS owners being enthusiasts of their cars is it not time to start a wave or flash of the lights to fellow drivers on mass?

Was thinking the other day that as a biker, we tend to aknowledge each other in passing and can remember back to before I passed my car test and had a 'plastic pig' it was a similar story.

I can remember being aknowledged on the road once by a fellow mk4 driver to which I returned the gesture. Due to nature of LS owners being enthusiasts of their cars is it not time to start a wave or flash of the lights to fellow drivers on mass?

Hey, I often do !

But I've also had a few gestures from other marque drivers for some reasaon or other :tomato:

And what's more, I recall ( just ) as a kiddie ( in the 1950's ) being driven thru' the Lake District when the AA Patrol guys on their bikes and sidecars used to acknowledge their Members too.

Not too many cars about then maybe.

Guess I'm too old for this forum or suffering from summat strange as I can actually remember that far back ............. How times change !

Malc

Yes, I would be up for this.

Whilst I can't remember the "good old days" myself, my dad often tells me stories about the RAC saluting members.

Let's use the power of the internet.....So is it a wave, or a flash?

Thanks

Mike

I usually raise a single finger to other LS400 drivers in acknowledgement.According to my daughter, this gesture is a "bloke" thing. I'd be up for any co-ordinated idea.

Isn't that giving someone "the bird"? LOL!

:driving:

Didn't know my minamilistic gesture had a name :duh:

I usually raise a single finger to other LS400 drivers in acknowledgement.According to my daughter, this gesture is a "bloke" thing. I'd be up for any co-ordinated idea.

Wave gets my vote :)

Andy

When I owned my mk2 golf lots of owners waved or flashed,

Since I've owned the lex only one driver has waved to me and I returned same, (recently it happens)

I just thought it maybe wasn't the done thing.

I'm up for a universal gesture though. ...(maybe not the bird though ,,,lol)

Also does it cross the range or do you only aknowledge the same model .?

Lots of is owners not so many gs and ls

Steve

Since I've owned the lex only one driver has waved to me and I returned same, (recently it happens)

Steve

For me it would have to be LS to LS as every 3rd car around here seems to be a IS

Steve

For me it would have to be LS to LS as every 3rd car around here seems to be a IS

Lol that's what I was thinking, it's the same here.

Works for me, more exclusive

Plastic pig? are we talking CX500 here? I had a Eurosport 500 and then a 650, the 650 just left everthing dead at the lights, such fun

AA/RAC saluting us would now probably be in contravention of some 'Health and Safety-Nannystate" regulation about not being in full control of their vehicle.

We're not in full control of our anger at this constant stupidity?

One finger raised? INDEX finger is fine.....it's (originally american, like so much else!) the MIDDLE finger that means 'up yours'.

Gestures are not universal.

Twin-Thumbs up in some countries apparently means 'I like it both ways' ..work it out. (sorry Paul Mc Cartney!)

And when Nixon got off the plane in China, his gestures, in China, mean I am a stupid prat (or something)

So....apt?

AA/RAC saluting us would now probably be in contravention of some 'Health and Safety-Nannystate" regulation about not being in full control of their vehicle.

We're not in full control of our anger at this constant stupidity?

One finger raised? INDEX finger is fine.....it's (originally american, like so much else!) the MIDDLE finger that means 'up yours'.

Gestures are not universal.

Twin-Thumbs up in some countries apparently means 'I like it both ways' ..work it out. (sorry Paul Mc Cartney!)

And when Nixon got off the plane in China, his gestures, in China, mean I am a stupid prat (or something)

So....apt?

true gesture can get you in trouble but it like words to me a plastic pig, is refering to my many 3 wheeler reliant i had great fun i had in them and never turned one over lol

Plastic pig? are we talking CX500 here? I had a Eurosport 500 and then a 650, the 650 just left everthing dead at the lights, such fun

Hi your getting two bikes mixed up a cx500 (plastic maggot) & a xs1100 (flying pig) I have just taken ownership of a platerpuss ( bmw r1150gs ) finally realised that I am too old & fat for my fireblade

(cheap fireblade anybody)

I seem to remember that the "plastic pig"" was the Honda C90. We deffinately called the CX500 "the maggot". And no i dont mean it any disrespect. It was a fantastic V twin with a great sound.

When I get my LS400 in the next day or two, I'd always wave at other LS drivers......but I've not seen another LS400 never mind driving on the road lol! I think its usual if drivers of rarer types of cars wave at each other, I do with my other cars......but its rare to see another one of those here either! :blink:

We deffinately called the CX500 "the maggot". And no i dont mean it any disrespect. It was a fantastic V twin with a great sound.

i remember my CX500 with great affection.... wonderfull bike :)

i like the idea of a gesture to other LS owners.... flashing lights always make me think either the police are doing a speed check round the next corner, or the back of my LS is on fire

• 3 weeks later...

I waved back at another LS owner the other day in Chesterton a burgundy metal flake I think. I was a bit surprised as no one ever waved before. Maybe I waved at him before and he has twigged it as a good idea! Was it you?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links