Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was at my dealer this afternoon and saw the new F-Sport and must admit that I'd be a bit annoyed if I had just bought an F-Sport just before they brought this one out! The wheels look much better, very similar to the proper F-Sport wheels except 18" and the little spats on the front bumper make a huge difference. Also the fact it was in the IS-Fs ultra blue made it look stunning!

Was at my dealer this afternoon and saw the new F-Sport and must admit that I'd be a bit annoyed if I had just bought an F-Sport just before they brought this one out! The wheels look much better, very similar to the proper F-Sport wheels except 18" and the little spats on the front bumper make a huge difference. Also the fact it was in the IS-Fs ultra blue made it look stunning!

Agreed. These small changes make a huge difference. Looks awesome. I was at Lexus woodford last week :)

Agreed. These small changes make a huge difference. Looks awesome. I was at Lexus woodford last week :)

Is this the 2011 model with DRL's and the new front lower bumper, or the F-Sport 20th anniversary model like mine?

back again ....all the gs450h owners are dead!!!!!!!I think ....... :whistling: The car I bought looks worse than the 250 i sold not as nice as the F sport ...but guys you wanna drive it !!!!!it is superbjust cant et over how good it feels ...and the 250 was reallly nice .......Come on ahmed I want to see you DEVELLOPING the 450h :hehe:

Ahh so you probably saw the same car! It really is a massive difference isn't it, do those corner spats fit on any bumper or does the F-Sport have a different front bumper?

Is this the 2011 model with DRL's and the new front lower bumper, or the F-Sport 20th anniversary model like mine?

Yeah this was the 2011 model, looked identical to this:

2011_Lexus_IS_350_F_Sport_001.jpg

2011 model has been redesigned compared to the pre-2011 models. It has new front bumper, new headlights without AFS and a few other changes.

Ahh so you probably saw the same car! It really is a massive difference isn't it, do those corner spats fit on any bumper or does the F-Sport have a different front bumper?

Those corner spats wont fit on previous models. the bumper has been redesigned. To get the 2011 look on a previous model, the bumper, both grilles, fogs and the splats will need changing :)

The Headlight re-design is quite nice with the LED DRL's. But it's kind of disappointing that they've got rid of the AFS system. These headlights are not a direct swap out either :) I've got myself a spare non-HID headlight from eBay to attempt to retrofit these lights.

back again ....all the gs450h owners are dead!!!!!!!I think ....... :whistling: The car I bought looks worse than the 250 i sold not as nice as the F sport ...but guys you wanna drive it !!!!!it is superbjust cant et over how good it feels ...and the 250 was reallly nice .......Come on ahmed I want to see you DEVELLOPING the 450h :hehe:

What colour is your gs450h ? give us some pics :)

Those corner spats wont fit on previous models. the bumper has been redesigned. To get the 2011 look on a previous model, the bumper, both grilles, fogs and the splats will need changing :)

The Headlight re-design is quite nice with the LED DRL's. But it's kind of disappointing that they've got rid of the AFS system. These headlights are not a direct swap out either :) I've got myself a spare non-HID headlight from eBay to attempt to retrofit these lights.

That's a shame, that front bumper with the spats transforms the front end, looks very similar to the IS-F I thought - could be the perfect complement for your IS-F rear bumper :whistling:

Weird about the AFS, it's got to be a cost saving change rather than anything else, but seeing as the list price of the IS only seems to be creeping up I can't see the logic behind it.

Yeah this was the 2011 model, looked identical to this:

2011_Lexus_IS_350_F_Sport_001.jpg

Thanks for the pic Parthiban. Yes it does look awesome, and is that a sunroof I see? I thought they were discontinued but it would be great if Lexus has reintroduced them as an option.

Thanks for the pic Parthiban. Yes it does look awesome, and is that a sunroof I see? I thought they were discontinued but it would be great if Lexus has reintroduced them as an option.

Not really sure, that's off a US site so while the sunroof might be available in the US it might still not be over here.

That's a shame, that front bumper with the spats transforms the front end, looks very similar to the IS-F I thought - could be the perfect complement for your IS-F rear bumper :whistling:

Was thinking about it. Still considering a few options :) Will be at least 6 months before the parts for this model become available though :) I'm also considering swapping out with the IS250c front bumper (It's a direct bolt on). I was also thinking of getting the IS-F side mouldings which cost £600 and then custom fabricating my fenders to make the side moulding to fit. Lots of possibilities :whistling:

Weird about the AFS, it's got to be a cost saving change rather than anything else, but seeing as the list price of the IS only seems to be creeping up I can't see the logic behind it.

Definately cost saving, I got a courtesy IS250 SE-I the other day and i was really disappointed to see the things they've scrapped as part of their cost saving strategy :)

Hmm, I'm not that fussed about the 2011 model revisions apart from the front bumper. DRL's are a downside to the new model in my opinion as they now miss the adaptive headlights (which I love!!). I'm assuming that the chassis, suspension and engines are all the same????

It does seem strange that the adaptive lights are the payoff for the DRL's. What about the MY2011 SE-L, is that also going to lose the adaptive lights because of the DRL's? I think not - so why lose them on the F-Sport?

Hmm, I'm not that fussed about the 2011 model revisions apart from the front bumper. DRL's are a downside to the new model in my opinion as they now miss the adaptive headlights (which I love!!). I'm assuming that the chassis, suspension and engines are all the same????

Yeap chassis, suspension and all that stuff are still the same, just front end cosmetic changes. Also slight changes to the back. There's a new taillight which replaces the amber part of the taillight with a white clear version.

It does seem strange that the adaptive lights are the payoff for the DRL's. What about the MY2011 SE-L, is that also going to lose the adaptive lights because of the DRL's? I think not - so why lose them on the F-Sport?

Yeap they've scrapped the AFS on all of the new 2011 models of the IS (Including F-Sport). Unless they decide to retain it just for European customers and produce complete different units for Europe. From what I know so far there is no AFS system on any of the new DRL light units. This is what I was told by my friend in Japan who tried to get me some info on these new headlight units from Lexus Japan

I think Lexus need to be careful thy do not dilute their 'F' brand by making lower performance and handling clones. Yes the revision looks more aggressive/sportier - but I think they are sailing close to the wind with making each revision of the F-Sport closer to the IS-F.

I think Lexus need to be careful thy do not dilute their 'F' brand by making lower performance and handling clones. Yes the revision looks more aggressive/sportier - but I think they are sailing close to the wind with making each revision of the F-Sport closer to the IS-F.

I suppose a 320d M sport looks nothing like an M3 or a C250 sport looks nothing like a C63 :winky:

I suppose a 320d M sport looks nothing like an M3 or a C250 sport looks nothing like a C63 :winky:

Don't know about the Mercs - I'm sub-60 years of age ;) - but as for the 'M Sport' versions, they are disticntly different from the 'M' engined cars.

I was in a lex dealers today, they had the new is f sport in black metallic and its looks stunning, went in to look at a 450h but the is f definatly looks better but like the gs range for big comfort machines.

I was looking on the Sewell Lexus site and notice that they listed this in their Exterior Assessory range:

2011MY Headlamp Kit

They mention that its Complete Plug'n'Play LED headlamp option to upgrade your existing headlamps to the latest LED lamp and should fit 2006-2010 IS models??

Even if this is true, it does come at a price :ohmy:

I was looking on the Sewell Lexus site and notice that they listed this in their Exterior Assessory range:

2011MY Headlamp Kit

They mention that its Complete Plug'n'Play LED headlamp option to upgrade your existing headlamps to the latest LED lamp and should fit 2006-2010 IS models??

Nope it doesnt work on all models, if you go to the clublexus forum, sewell created a thread on their progress on making a direct plug and play wiring loom. It will only work on the facelifted 2009+ models that do not have HID AFS. If the car does have HID and AFS, it will still work but AFS will throw an error on the dash. Oh and it costs $3549.58 :) I think the retrofit i'm working on will cost a fraction of that and look just as good :)

2011MY Headlamp Kit

Nope it doesnt work on all models, if you go to the clublexus forum, sewell created a thread on their progress on making a direct plug and play wiring loom. It will only work on the facelifted 2009+ models that do not have HID AFS. If the car does have HID and AFS, it will still work but AFS will throw an error on the dash. Oh and it costs $3549.58 :) I think the retrofit i'm working on will cost a fraction of that and look just as good :)

Thanks for pointing me in their direction. I can see that they have spent sometime trying to retrofit the new units. I'm looking forward to seeing your version

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links