Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pesky Cats - Help Please

I happen to live in an area with loads of damn cats apart from adding fertilizer to my garden they appear to have staged their very own Fight Club on my bonnet. The buggers have scratched up the surface layer on the bonnet and there are 2 deep scratches. My neighbour came round to tell me that this had happened over the weekend. They must be bloody big cats to leave that number of scratches.

Anyway, does anyone know how I can get these sorted? Does dentmaster work out quite reasonable or is a trip down to Halfords for colour magic whats needed?

:mad:

I found a great gadget to make the cats go away (stops them crapping my garden, but should work on cars too!).

It's a small ultrasonic siren linked to a passive MWD - scares them off. You can buy it at garden centres.

i think rodders has a good point... place this in your garden near your car and they will not go anywhere near it.

I bought one of those and it worked for quite a few months (all winter infact) but recently the little buggers have got used to it and its not so effective. I've tried moving it and replacing the batteries but still this morning they'd left their mark. Luckily they've never touched the Lex or that would be war...

[Edited on 23-4-2002 by ricky_is200]

put out some cat food laced with hot chili peppers/rat poisen/mercury/lots of sleeping pills and anything else you can think out,they will lose there mind,get sleepy,***** themselves then die. Have the same problem with them, wish I could just assasinate them but I have to resort to covering car up, will go and one of these sound things though.

I'm quite disturbed by some of these postings... in my area we have a few cats and they've all been trained well enough not to get onto peoples cars - perhaps speak to the owners and suggest better pet training?

I'm no lawyer, but as I understand it owners can be held legally responsible for the actions of their pets.

A month after I got my car I also got it scratched by a cat that goes into my garage. I saw three paralell scratch marks on my hood.

At first I thought it was som jealous ***** h**e at work who had done it because they were pretty deep like coming from a key.

Since my car has been scratched some more in other places by the same cat.

I have not killed the cat but I have put up chicken wire so it can't come in the garage.

Cats will want to climb up on the hood because it's warm when the engine has been turned off.

I guess Swedish cats are no different from British cats. I saw the cat a couple of times and I almost kicked the damn thing I swear but I restrained myself. Lucky bastart !

very true sam! i know that they can be a pain but if you have to do something then just spray them with a bit of water - after a while they stay away! or get a cover i use one but its more to stop the seagulls walking on the roof and scratching it.

if you feel ,offended by a comment that someone has made,(and this is not me taking sides) can you please discuss it off topic.......end of subject

in future i will remove posts that do not relate entirely to the posts title.

there is a place in the Gold room for venting!!!!!!:rolleyes:

[Edited on 24-4-2002 by superchargedIS200]

Had an awards do at the Dorchester over the past couple of days so sorry for being quiet, cheers for all the posts, Do any of you do the m40 / m4 commute, I saw loads of IS200's out and about.

I've picked up one of those sonic cat blasters to keep the buggers off my motor - i think some jealous sod has sprayed my bonnet with cat nip.

I'm not so sure about the lion crap scattered round the place - I don't fancy a visit from the local environmental health officer!

Going to Halfords to check out the range of scratch polishes so i'll let you know how I get on.

scratches, try t-cut metalic it is pretty gentle on body work, then polish the area 2 times it should bring such a shine that you can only see scratches from certain angles. Try using wonder wax, I have just switched from using auto-glym and the results are better. Take polish off with terry towling nappies( not used ones though:D) they are nice and gentle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links