Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oldie But A Goodie Ls400 - Should I Change It ?

If u could find ACLex piccys on here somewhere which shows ( mine now ) Mk3 LS400 with clear lenses etc and compare to the original " mons lisa " kit which I retained at purchase

And being maybe a bit old fashioned, quite simply prefer.

Malc

Your LS looks a dark colour similar to mine which is "Lexus Dark Silver" I removed the original orange indicators and fitted clear ones which looked OK until one of them let in water and rusted the reflector.

I then replaced them with smoked ones which have been fine and I think suit the car, unfortunatlely the nearside centre one was cracked in an accident but has been glued for now and passed the MOT like it.

I would buy another set from the USA but although the price is good around £30.00 the shipping is stupid at £35.00!

The dark colour makes them almost invisible.

DSCF0050.jpg

Not sure about the 460(?) alloys - a bit modern for an older car imho - do like the indicators though. Where can they be bought and for how much?

Purchased from eBay.com for about £35 if memory serves ;)

Andy

Hi All, I was wondering what members think about clear indicators and other bits on a pristine ls400 ?

Not sure whether it would ruin it.

should I just keep it original ?

I'm not a lover of changing/modifying cars but without doubt the best I have ever seen is Andies LS 400 which was very tasteful, most of them look dreadful. It may well be that the Silver paint on that car went along way to help with the overall finished look of that car.

Mike

Just shows we are all different, I love the wheels on both cars, particularly as opposed to the standard wheels.

For me, the original wheels are probably the weak point of the car from a cosmetic point of view, particularly when corroded as many seem to be.

I do think wheels can transform a car, and choosing the right one is crucial imo.

Yep, one and the same .. actually it looks a bit slate grey to me and / or silver too. Green, well, who'davthought it eh ! But there it is, aspen green !

Malc

hi

Must admit it does look very very nice - im half tempted to sell the Mark 4 and buy another Mark 3 lol - i think the Mark 3 wins on looks and cabin quitness. The Mark 4 does have a more modern interior but due to the electronic throttle control and engine tone doesnt feel as sunbstantial as the Mark 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links