Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sportcross

Has anyone else seen the Sportcross police car driving around Swindon?

I was on my way home tonight and had to do a double take as this police sportcross went past me. I didnt know blue lights were on the Lexus option list otherwise I would have had them.

I have the blue lights on mine behind the grill, useful for shifting people on the motorways!!

I believe that is illegal... :winky:

I remember a friend of mine [who remain anonymous] who was sitting in a big traffic jam heading home, south on the A1 (on the Scottish border). One of the passengers nipped out of the car and took one of those flashing orange lights from the top of a traffic cone. The passenger held the orange light on top of the car whilst he drove down the hard-shoulder. Got all-the-way to the front of the traffic jam without anyone batting an eyelid... but there were some police cars filtering traffic past the accident and he got pulled. He didn't lose his license but got 6 points (I believe)... also saved 3 hours off his journey too!

I wonder how impressed a member of the police force would be if they saw you imitating a police officer (which is a criminal offence :huh:). Maybe if you gave them a test drive of your Lexus you'd get away with just a summons to prove the lights had been removed?

I didnt know blue lights were on the Lexus option list otherwise I would have had them.

I have the blue lights on mine behind the grill, useful for shifting people on the motorways!!

:shifty: Hmmm...I quite like that idea :D ...for shows only, of course officer :winky:

I was pretty sure that the highway code said something along the lines of not being allowed to show a blue light to the front of the car - as only emergency vehicles are allowed to do this - but couldn't find it.

I also believed that this one the one color you shouldn't show as the police were keen on cracking down on it - to stop people pretending they were emergency vehicles.

Of course - that would mean that all these pratts with blue LED washer lights should get stopped for it - don't see that happening do you?

Of course - that would mean that all these pratts with blue LED washer lights should get stopped for it - don't see that happening do you?

In France, people that go under arrest anfd have blue LED washers have to pay a fee for them cause only emergency vehicles are allowed to have blue lights on. (the fee is around 400 € but they only stop people having them switched on)

• 2 weeks later...

Gents

It is not an offence to show blue lights on your vehicle - it is only an offence if they flash or rotate, like a beacon

It is an offence to show any sort of RED light to the front of the car (like those Xmas trees you see on dashboards of HGVs) or white lights to the rear (unless reversing light/no. plate light etc etc)

If you are told otherwise, the officer is trying his luck

Cheerie

reckon blues behind my grill would be inviting arrest. imagine the old. Would you mind opening the boot sir..... :o :huh:

which brings me slightly off topic...

If LPG is banned on the Tunnel, WHat is the Deal with Nos?

Loz

Hmmm,

Think you'll find other than white lights to the front, and red to the rear is illegal (unless the law has changed recently)

Some import vehicles show constant yellow (i.e. indicators etc., but this is technically illegal if the car is registered for use in this country)

Blue LED washer jets are most definately nookie when driving on public roads, as would be blue lamps behind the grille, unless fitted to an emergency vehicle.

Construction & use offences, as well as lighting offences would warrant either points & fines respectively.

Hope this assists & saves somebody a few points.

Steve J.

Steve's right - however there's a bit about for use at the scene of a road traffic collision or in an emergency (blue beacons/flashing lamps) - Road Traffic (Construction & Use) Regs 1986.

Andy H

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links