Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am guessing I am one off the youngest been just 23 (only just 23)Just got rid off my 4.6V8 Range Rover for a LS400

One off the older ones been a '93 plate and only paid £420 for it, Air Con needs regassing and a error code on the CD player. There is also a tad bit off rust on the wings but for £420 you can't go wrong.

So am I the youngest then

You must be the youngest - or at least the youngest to have insurance! Nice to know the next generation are already into LS400s. No swapping back to a different car now - you have to get a Mk.3 or 4 next.

I learned to drive in an LS400 when I was just 17 and passed 1st time, the insurance company pay me to take out a policy and Lexus still supply all my parts free of charge............... Oh OK then I'm early 50s and passed the test in an Austin 1100.

Must admit you are fortunate to even get cover on an LS400 nevermind a V8 Range Rover.

Out of curiosity what is your excess amount.

I am only 21 in my mind but collecting my bus pass this year. On the plus side I pay £200 for insurance my Road Tax is free and I also come with a Parking Package ?????????????

I wonder who will be first to work that one out.

Mike

I am only 21 in my mind but collecting my bus pass this year. On the plus side I pay £200 for insurance my Road Tax is free and I also come with a Parking Package ?????????????

Mike

Plus you like the blues which is more important than any of it!

I also pay £200 insurance but I've got 5 years to the bus pass.

I learned to drive in an LS400 when I was just 17 and passed 1st time, the insurance company pay me to take out a policy and Lexus still supply all my parts free of charge............... Oh OK then I'm early 50s and passed the test in an Austin 1100.

Must admit you are fortunate to even get cover on an LS400 nevermind a V8 Range Rover.

Out of curiosity what is your excess amount.

£500 I think, I have always drove bigger engined cars. So I think they take into account your driving history and am in a 'A' rated post code.

You would not believe this but I had a 106 1.4 as a temp car on the range rover was £30 a year more. Then then refunded me 46p to swap to the Lexus

Mike

Mike

So my insurance ain't too sad compared to you two's Insurance. I like the car, I like bigger cars with toys

Mike

Like The Blues,

I don't just like it, I live, sleep, eat & breathe to play The Blues and all its other Avenues.

Mike

I'm 24 running a '98 LS.

Swapped all interior lights and rear numberplate lights for SMD LEDs, smoked side repeaters. Only had it one week :)

It's such a great car, I have been averaging 26MPG (according to the computer) with a mix of town and motorway. Such refinement and comfort, I have my other cars for when I feel like going quick.

Wheels and coilovers next.

I'm 31. But running a 4.0 V8 at 23 or 24 is very cool! Particularly considering most people that age are driving around in Ford Fiesta's or similar!

I figured that for people my age, it's never going to be a better time to run a V8! And everybody needs to own a V8 once in their lives :)

I'm 31. But running a 4.0 V8 at 23 or 24 is very cool! Particularly considering most people that age are driving around in Ford Fiesta's or similar!

I figured that for people my age, it's never going to be a better time to run a V8! And everybody needs to own a V8 once in their lives :)

Quite right! Everyone should own a V8 at some point.

You mentioned "wheels" are next on the agenda. New ones or getting yours refurb'd? I would try to keep it original if you can, or get Lexus DHP alloys, but anything too big will probably spoil the ride. Just my opinion though. Each to their own!

Quite right! Everyone should own a V8 at some point.

You mentioned "wheels" are next on the agenda. New ones or getting yours refurb'd? I would try to keep it original if you can, or get Lexus DHP alloys, but anything too big will probably spoil the ride. Just my opinion though. Each to their own!

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of keeping things standard. Wheels will be 19" with coilovers dropped to match. I understand the ride will be compromised slightly, but should still ride like a Lexus was designed to :)

Was going to import the wheels from Japan and go for a VIP look (big in the states) but I can't justify dropping £1500 on wheels and tyres when I have a house deposit to save for.

I've had a range of V8 power.

Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz

Cadilac Coupe DeVille

Chevrolet Camaro

Lexus Ls400

Range Rover

Lexus Soarer

Bmw 740

Mercedes S420

I'm 42 and pay £260/year at...wait for it...........Sheila's Wheels :)

I rarely put my foot down hard because of the cost of fuel, but I've found that simply KNOWING I could burn off any kid in his bodykitted Saxo if I wanted to makes me not want to, if you know what I mean. There's something about the power of the LS400 that makes you want to drive it gently. Weird.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links