Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At Last, The Sun Came Out And Some Pictures Of My New Lexus

She certainly does. Thanks Chris. And what's more, a kind soul on Pistonheads Is passing on a replacement gear knob for me! He thinks it is from a 430 but has some nice walnut on it apparently. You're a kind bunch, you Lexus folk!

Hi the wheels are from an ls 430 a nice upgrade the gold badges were one of a few options along with half wood gear knob & wheel. glad it was only partly seized pins on the brakes ( I suspected it might be) the car looks superb , You got yourself a bargain there.

Hi the wheels are from an ls 430 a nice upgrade the gold badges were one of a few options along with half wood gear knob & wheel. glad it was only partly seized pins on the brakes ( I suspected it might be) the car looks superb , You got yourself a bargain there.

Thanks for that Mark.

Hi joined the forum, it's Fords from TZ UK, smart looking car i have posted a thread in the new members area.

thanks for the heads up on the uk forum.

Mark

No worries. They are a friendly bunch here and a great source of top quality info re these cars. I even managed to change the bonnet struts on my car yesterday thanks to advice here :). That's quite a feat for someone with my limited mechanical skills!

Nice to see you plugging at the bonnet struts, may be worth keeping the forum updated on the usage of them

The originals are prone to failing after time and we all may need to replace in time.

Looking fab, and the wheels really make a difference, I even like the gold badges!

Be warned though, if you want to keep it looking good, go by bus if you get snow later in the year. Anyone who's driven an LS in the snow will tell you its a scary experience!!

Phil

Just take great care with your LS in the snow and ice .. no matter how carefully and slowly you may drive it seems to have a mind of its own and follows any pre-dredged tracks and ridges in the ice etc ......... just impossible to safely steer I found ! Can't wait for the next winter to be over and gone !! my g/fs car is not so bad in the snow tho' tiny width tyres helps

Malc

LS400 Traction Control on = car doesn't move in snow, LS400 Traction Control off = same result. :D

Apparently winter tyres do work to a limit, I just leave mine in the garage and use my FWD van.

Well Jonathan never saw a single LS 400 on the way to Norfolk while we were driving around during the week or on the way home, so not only rare in Yorkshire but in Norfolk as well and all points in between.

What a beauty you have got there she looks brilliant and I have no doubt she will give you plenty of loyal service while you just sit in that great leather armchair switch the cruise control on and smile.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I trust you had a good holiday in Norfolk. I saw my first LS400 today in Crewe, close to where I live. It was a silver one on a 98 plate like mine. But, as you say, they are a rare sight and all the better for that!

Thanks Fred. It's not perfect but I do love it already! I won't be selling anytime soon. Sorry, but good luck with your search.

Even the most beautiful women in the world has the odd problem, I know because I married her.

Mike

Well Jonathan never saw a single LS 400 on the way to Norfolk while we were driving around during the week or on the way home, so not only rare in Yorkshire but in Norfolk as well and all points in between.

What a beauty you have got there she looks brilliant and I have no doubt she will give you plenty of loyal service while you just sit in that great leather armchair switch the cruise control on and smile.

Mike

Just had a week near Lands End and didn't see another LS on the road there or back in the 600 miles of driving (although I did spot a Soarer) but the people staying at the cottage next to ours had a black LS430, now there's a coincidence!!

Mike

Just had a week near Lands End and didn't see another LS on the road there or back in the 600 miles of driving (although I did spot a Soarer) but the people staying at the cottage next to ours had a black LS430, now there's a coincidence!!

Back to Cornwall myself next year. Been going to Mousehole for over 20 years and I love it. Norfolk was nice but it doesn't have the charm Cornwall does.

Mike

Never been to Mousehole, unfortunately, but I've just done a 500-mile trip to and around Suffolk. I saw one other LS400 (a G-reg Mk.1) and two 430s, and that was it. Averaged nearly 34 mpg by wafting along gently, car didn't miss a beat. I wouldn't drive anything else.

Mike

Back to Cornwall myself next year. Been going to Mousehole for over 20 years and I love it. Norfolk was nice but it doesn't have the charm Cornwall does.

Mike

If you enjoy exploring by foot, Cornwall just gets in your blood, to me there's nowhere quite like it. The reason we always go to the Lands End area is its as far away as you can get without getting your feet wet. Sadly a week goes by all to quickly!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links