Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ls430 Auto Wipers, What Am I Missing?

With my wipers set at Auto they just work as they would as normal intermittent wipers, they constantly work even if its dry and I have to manually speed them up or slow them down. Am I missing something or are Lexus just being misleading?

hi

According to the manual:

"the wiper speed is determined by the vehicle speed and the amount of raindrops and sunlight detected by the automatic wiper sensor"

so they shouldnt be working when dry - i havent tried mine yet

It would seem they are "Speed Sensitive" and "Rain Sensitive" so if the screen is dry where the sensor is positioned I would have thought they would be turned off.

Although like any electronic gizmo they are not perfect technology, the human behind the wheel is in ultimate charge!

Mine work perfect on auto, did last night anyway (i leave them on auto all the time, they do operate once or twice when i start the car in the dry, but after that they dont dry run), i didn't notice a change with the speed of the car though, but they did change speed with the various rain amounts hitting the screen.

Having said all that, the driver side blade is making a sqeaking noise when crossing the screen.

When you are used to the driving peace and quiet in these cars, that simple sqeak is deafening.

Aftermarket part or Lexus part is the question now, the arm on the driver side has that double bar which i think may cause aftermaket ones not to fit, anyone tried any, if so which

Mine work perfect on auto, did last night anyway (i leave them on auto all the time, they do operate once or twice when i start the car in the dry, but after that they dont dry run), i didn't notice a change with the speed of the car though, but they did change speed with the various rain amounts hitting the screen.

Having said all that, the driver side blade is making a sqeaking noise when crossing the screen.

When you are used to the driving peace and quiet in these cars, that simple sqeak is deafening.

Aftermarket part or Lexus part is the question now, the arm on the driver side has that double bar which i think may cause aftermaket ones not to fit, anyone tried any, if so which

Ive just bought some flat blades for mine - they are wipac branded - they are quite, smooth and clear the screen well

speed/sensitive wipers can be adjusted if you look carefully at the stalk you will see a + and - sign with markers in between, and a twist turn knob similar to the fog lights on the other side, this adjust the sensitiveness of the wipers to rain and speed.

Hello,

I'm on my 2nd 430 and at the moment have a Rx too. On each the auto wipers have been anything but "auto". They either have a burst when they go too fast or don't go at all. The amount of rain seems to make no difference. I have tried adjusting the sensitivity but it seems to have no effect. I much preferred the normal variable intermitent of the 400s I had, after all It wasn't hard to see a wet screen and flick a switch.

Such is progress!!

Oddly my brother in law has a vauxhall Astra and he complains of the same thing!

Pete

Just an update

It was misting this morning - put the wipers in auto and the mist button in the middle and the wipers performed brilliantly - the mist was varying and the wipers adjusted accordingly - i think i could get used to this

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links