Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Windows Found Open First Thing This Morning

Car was parked up yesterday at noon all safe and sound to include all windows closed properly, went out this morning to find the front passenger window down by about 1 inch and the drivers side by 4 inches.

Any ideas??

Mike

You can close and open all the windows and sun roof with the remote - I am not sure how you only get the front windows down (or partially down) with the remote. It is handy to be able to close all the cars orifices with one button.

Bren

Thanks to you all but the wife has admitted it could have been her.

I have been very kind and allowed her to sleep in the shed for a week rather than outside on the grass.

Mike

Yeah its a feature that i always get turned off as i came back to my car with soaking seats once as I was sat in the house with my keys in my pocket and the button must have been held while i was sitting.

So it can be programmed to be turned off.

I must admit that features like these are great in summer, down all windows and open moonroof, but are not entirely foolproof, like smart keys i had to check it was locked for the first few days by getting the wife to hold the keys while stepped away from the car while i attempted a break in, the sight in the car park of the wife with her arms folded and me pulling at every handle like a man possessed must have been a sight to see.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to you all but the wife has admitted it could have been her.

I have been very kind and allowed her to sleep in the shed for a week rather than outside on the grass.

Mike

Lol

I discovered this problem with my MK 4. Turns out it was me being a plonker.

Wife's Honda (so she could indirectly be blamed!!) has remote that needs more than a few taps at times, and having used her car a few days in row, had got used to hammering away on the remote on the way to get into the car.

So back onto driving the Lexus, and found windows open first thing, and on when left at Park and Ride. Read the manual, learnt what was going on, and just tap the Lexus remote once.

So no more open windows now that I have learnt to apply the one-off tap to the Lexus, but still need to remember to brute force the Honda.

If only I could get the wife to have an LS400, but she likes her Accord

Well look on the bright side.

The next time she tells you she's always right......... You have irrefutable proof......she isn't, otherwise, she would be driving an LS :-)

Go on, enjoy the guilt free smugness.

Well look on the bright side.

The next time she tells you she's always right......... You have irrefutable proof......she isn't, otherwise, she would be driving an LS :-)

Go on, enjoy the guilt free smugness.

It always amazes me that women are quick to tell us that they can multitask so why is it they cant have a headache and s*x at the same time?

Ladies its just a joke I love you all. Mike

As I have said before multitasking = buggering up more than one thing at a time.

Sorry Oh wise one from the north. I will remember for the future. Hows your LPG problem? Mike

Its better, there were a couple of injectors playing up. The gas guy reckons my coils are struggling on gas and need replacing, how true this is I don't know but seems feasible.

Anyone got any opinions re coils playing up?

Cheers

Pete.

Its better, there were a couple of injectors playing up. The gas guy reckons my coils are struggling on gas and need replacing, how true this is I don't know but seems feasible.

Cheers

Pete.

Do you suffer the same with petrol ? if not I wouldn't have thought that was a problem Mike

Cheers

Pete.

Had a mate a few years ago had a GS300, had it gassed up and started to expose all sorts of issues not noticed with petrol, and I recall some threads of about 3 or 4 years ago with similar comments on LPG needs the ignition and injection (not just Lexus) to be 100% or you get some really odd problems.

I recall my mate had new coils, but would not swear to it.

You might want to post a seperate thread, sure it will have a few people giving advice.

Thanks for that guys.

No probs on petrol. I've replaced ht leads and plugs so just got dizzy caps and coils to replace. One coil and dizzys are easily accessible not sure about the other one I suspect its harder to get to.

Thanks for that guys.

No probs on petrol. I've replaced ht leads and plugs so just got dizzy caps and coils to replace. One coil and dizzys are easily accessible not sure about the other one I suspect its harder to get to.

The thing is that unless you get a reliable diagnoses you can keep changing parts till the cows come home and its just expense after expense and money down the drain if it doesn't cure the problem. Why don't you give Process a ring and tell them what system you have fitted and then tell them your dilemma and see if they can help you. Mike

You might have a point there Mike I will look into that. I feel we may be hijacking a thread so I won't post anymore to this thread sorry admin.

My fault. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links