Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Buttons And Switches You Didn't Know About?

The-Acre

Ok was rummaging around in the boot, bitching about there being no light, when lo and behold I noticed one! Yes it has a switch on it and magically when you flick the switch the light comes on. :hocus-pokus:

I've a ls600 with relaxation pack and thes switches everywhere...... I'm sure I'll still be noticing more n different switches in 5yrs time..... More switches buttons than space shuttle...... Ok maybe not lol but close lol

Not a button...but I notice, unlike every car iv owned, that if I use the windscreen wash wipe with the drivers window down, no water ever comes into the cabin,.....I'm betting it's designed this way....money on it...they thought of everything else!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So........................I just realised there is a switch for headlamp washers!

I thought it was automatic lol

I think that the headlights get washed when you wash the windows and have your headlights on - at least on the first occasion that you wash the screen (not sure if it then repeats on every 5th wash, as on some BMWs?)

The button allows you to wash the lights whenever you want.

• 1 month later...

There's 2 or 3 buttons deep down above the foot well of my LS430. One resets the tyre pressure warning. Haven't figured the others out yet though. Very difficult to even find them; bit like keyhole surgery really.

Likely to be sensor for auto lights.

I believe that's correct. I didn't realise until yesterday that there was a separate touch screen button to make the air vents move from side to side to distribute the air, or that there were even courtesy lights on the inside of the door handles.

• Like 1

Thanks Carl and Phil, but that's on the nearside dash by the look of it.

The one on the drivers side moves like a button, looks like a button, about the size and shape of a snooker cue tip, and same colour as dash.

I'd take a quick pic, but phone is away for repair, and can't remember where I put proper camera when we moved.

• 1 month later...

Ok, now got a new phone, so here are two pics of dashtop, dark one is N/S, presumably a sensor for the auto lights. lighter coloured one is the mystery one on the O/S.

I would look in the handbook, but that's also somewhere in the still to be unpacked pile!

IMAG0034_zps925a5d54.jpg

IMAG0033_zpsab9d0219.jpg

Alarm maybe, does it flash red when car is locked?

No sign of any flashing, it's not a lens, it's the same material and colour as the dash.

Looks and feels like a button, but doesn't seem to do anything.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links