Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi folks,

Could someone please tell me the difference between the Japanese model and the uk one.?

I did notice that even the 96 Celsior had sat nav etc.

Also is there any downside to buying and running an import? I.e. parts? Insurance etc?

Thanks a lot,

Keith

as far as i can tell the only diference is the badge snd that you get alot more kit on the celsior, it is like Ls430 spec on them , it boggls the mind how many more 400s they would have sold with all thd extra kit..

sat nav will be in japanese...... lots more gizmo's.

theres a couple knocking about for sale at the mo, but be careful - as the one i looked at was at least 3 different cars! :huh:

Might be helpful letting other members know which car it is, Might not spot everything as you did.

Can the sat nav be changed to an english cd and taught to speaka da english!

and it would be very helpful if you could give me the link or tell me where to look for the 3 piece car! might save me from an expensive mistake!

Thank you

Keith

Lots of differences between the Lexus LS400 and the Toyota Celsior.

Celsior comes in 3 trim levels A,B and CF Specification.

CF has reclining heated rear massage seats and seperate audio controls in the rear armrest.

Suspension can be standard springs, TEMS or air.

They are all fitted with a premium sound system.

Some have cloth seats instead of leather, sunroof is often missing.

Traction control fitted to all model years.

Rear light inner clusters different to accomodate the square type Japanese plate, front bumper also different for same reason.

Anti hijack system fitted, no alarm or immobiliser fitted as standard.

If not converted speed will be in Km/H and top speed limited to 113MPH (180Km/H)

There is no EGR system fitted.

Late series III models have side airbags not introduced in UK models until the series IV.

FM radio will only pick up radio 2 unless converted.

Different exhaust system fitted.

Early models had single piece headlights instead of two piece.

Both front indicator sections have bulbs in them (only fronts on UK models) so no side repeaters are fitted.

No headlight washers fitted.

Insurance is around the same for me as a UK specification model but most mainstream insurers don't offer cover.

Most fresh imports have lower mileages than equivalent UK models, mine had 62,000KMs (38,000M).

I think that there were different colours from UK models,mine is Lexus Dark Silver but appears more bronze.

Thank you for that, it's really appreciated.

The car I was looking at said it was a one owner and approx 80k miles. Don't know about being converted.

i do know that when I ran a trial insurance quote, Teso who I am with now for my w124 merc. wanted over twice the price for this car than a normal ls400!

I think the car I was looking at must have been a top spec car, as it has the full rear seat controls, sunroof, sat nav, leather trim etc.etc.

Will contact them again and see what he say to all my new questions!.

Thanks a lot,

Kith

Anti hijack system fitted

Sorry just curious, how does this feature work in the Celsior?

The car instantly explodes killing all the hijackers however there is a small design problem with it and I will let you know what that is when I find it in the owners manual. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links