Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Yes Steve my view as well but had I not had the good fortune to get my mark IV last year with those 18k on I would have made a bid for this,its highly unlikely that an example of low mileage would ever be found with this age and to that end it as to be a snip for someone.

The problem is the seller may have a rose coloured view of the selling price because of the mileage, bottom book on that car is about 1500 and the low mileage will not make acres of difference so it is probably about right at its present price.

My car cost me 3750 which was 750 above book but the owner wanted 4500 and I convinced him it was'nt going to happen even though the car was in factory condition.

lexus LS400s are now a connisouers car and are only valued as such, if you can get a good example then do so but its value is what you have not what you can sell it for.

and why not !! a few years ago I bought my late Mk2 with 8542 miles at 13 years old ....... like brand spanking new apart from perished tyres. .......... with cambelt changed at 3100 miles and 10 years old by Lexus main dealer

Malc

and why not !! a few years ago I bought my late Mk2 with 8542 miles at 13 years old ....... like brand spanking new apart from perished tyres. .......... with cambelt changed at 3100 miles and 10 years old by Lexus main dealer

Malc

Great but I'd still want an explanation as to why only 13K on a car of that age

Its back on eBay at £1999 but is not 13k.....yes it is, well that is, but, no its not, or is it or maybe not.....I think, therefor I am!..... I think!

Anyone read the Qs & As at bottom;

Q, Hello what are the circumstances that a car that is 16 years old has done so few miles?

A, Hi there, 16 years ago, the car was brought at 50K. The owner has been taking great care of it that he does not want to drive it too often. In his early life, he was very busy and ran his own business 60 hours per week - he was so busy that he did not have time to drive the car! He had his own van for his business; that was the main reason why he hardly used his Lexus :) Genuine Sale

Q:
Hello what are the circumstances that a car that is 16 years old has done so few miles?

A:
Hi there, 16 years ago, the car was brought at 50K. The owner has been taking great care of it that he does not want to drive it too often. In his early life, he was very busy and ran his own business 60 hours per week - he was so busy that he did not have time to drive the car! He had his own van for his business; that was the main reason why he hardly used his Lexus :)

I just noticed another thing, hes' put the cc at 3,969, thats an earlier 400 cc, my '95 is that cc, the 97 was the higher cc, only one of those check history things might give some better idea about its background.

My understanding is that engine capacity did not change between LS400 generations. Power output was increased in the VVTi engines but by other changes, not changes to cylinder capacity. According to the published bore and stroke, they are all 3968.7cc.

I know that the reason for my Mk2 having such a low mileage was that it was owned by a handicapped person ( at some stage, the last tax disc on it was free ) and lived a life of pampered luxury in Ascot and Kensington ! probably chauffeur driven too I would imagine ..... and possibly not the only car in the family.

Malc

I don't understand why some of the posters look at this car as dodgy because of the mileage .My car had 18k on it when I bought it, at 14 years old its history was Lexus owned for twelve month's 98-99 9 k miles, Owner before me 13 years 9k miles. Reason for that he owned two other lexus cars and did'nt drive a lot. The last three mots had less than 200 miles between them .These are high end luxury cars and if bought privately when new will not be tearing up and down a motorway all day and every day.

I have another vehicle and my lexus does not come out of the garage in winter and in summer only when it is not raining.Before anyone says I am not getting the use and pleasure from it, I am, without destroying what I have simply by keeping it like the day it was built.

Have to agree with Ambermarine. My uncle bought his LS400 new in 1993, he lives in switzerland and only used the car when visiting the UK. I bought it from him with 17000 on the clock in 2005. Its now done 30000. It sleeps in its heated garage under its cover during the winter. Its spare has never been used, the original tool kit and medical kit are as they were. Driving the car you feel light you are on a magic carpet...no bumps, no noises. Have to fight my wife from stealing it ! Yes I do enjoy it when I drive it but I would also like to preserve it. The sad thing with the one on sale. The owner spent 50k on it new and today might get 3 or 4k. My question is why bother selling. Ofcourse this does not take into consideration that he might have to. Lets hope it goes to someone who will look after it.

I don't understand why some of the posters look at this car as dodgy because of the mileage .My car had 18k on it when I bought it, at 14 years old its history was Lexus owned for twelve month's 98-99 9 k miles, Owner before me 13 years 9k miles. Reason for that he owned two other lexus cars and did'nt drive a lot. The last three mots had less than 200 miles between them .These are high end luxury cars and if bought privately when new will not be tearing up and down a motorway all day and every day.

I have another vehicle and my lexus does not come out of the garage in winter and in summer only when it is not raining.Before anyone says I am not getting the use and pleasure from it, I am, without destroying what I have simply by keeping it like the day it was built.

Hear Hear or is it here here,

I have a honda vfr400nc30 motorcycle in my front room just to look at & polish s a thing of beauty. If I could get a mint low mile ls400 in aswell I would ( the better half likes the front of the house as it is unfortunately ).

If your serious about buying the car when you get there to see it you will be able to tell instantly if the car is a genuine 13K miles.

Pics are always difficult to get that type of thing across. Mike

Because unlike you we don't know the history of the car perhaps if we did we'd by suggesting any buyer be less cautious.

Having said all of that I purchased another high mileage LS & collected it on Saturday & boy am I glad I did I got a real bargain in which everything but everything works like new, The body is almost unmarked AND its got brand new Continentals all round. So after expressing caution on this one any prospective MUST go & view any LS before deciding, even if the write up by the seller is crap

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links