Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Popper

hey all,

my IS200 boot pops about 1/2 way when i remotely pop it. this can be annoying at times as i have to expend all that extra energy to open it fully with my hands :winky: A friend's IS pops all the way and this makes me jealous of his car's superior poppage :lol:

the car's brand new - will it loosen up with time? or is there anything i can do to loosen it up myself?

sorry to disillusion you

but my boot with no spoiler

just unlocks and doesnt rise at all :crybaby:

will look at trying to do full opening soon

because it does seem pointless just to unlock

bazza,

Some guy's have "cable tied" the two rods together (the rods under the back shelf) Aparently this does the trick....

sorry to disillusion you

but my boot with no spoiler

just unlocks and doesnt rise at all :crybaby:

will look at trying to do full opening soon

because it does seem pointless just to unlock

bazza,

Some guy's have "cable tied" the two rods together (the rods under the back shelf) Aparently this does the trick....

cheers duncan

ive got a rear spoiler to fit soon

then i will give it a try :)

my 200sport does that,ones without a spoiler will prob lift all way up cause of less weight,thats my theory anyway :)

Before I had my spoiler fitted the boot opened up all the way and used to bounce :duh: when in it's full open position. Now with the spoiler it opens half way, I prefer it now :P

bazza,

cheers duncan

Not sure it'll work with the extra weight of a spoiler.

Although, didn't you get the thin "Sport" type off Chris ???

bazza,

cheers duncan

Not sure it'll work with the extra weight of a spoiler.

Although, didn't you get the thin "Sport" type off Chris ???

thats why i thought i would wait until its fitted

i would like it so when ive got my arms full , i can press the button without the need to put something down or lift the lid with an available knee :crybaby:

The dealer told me when I bought mine that this is adjustable.

My old IS popped open all the way and then some. The new one (with the standard IS300 mini-spoiler) pops about 70%. His argument was that this was deliberate to prevent the ingress of rain..... not sure if I believe him ;)

A

mine is SE with not spoiler and opens half way. Unless on a slope then its sometimes all the way.

I would prefer it only half way as someone said, it helps keep the rain out. I don't like the bounce either as over time its bound to wear something thats expensive to replace!

mine has no spoiler and doesnt open at all (i think its the newer cars that have this problem)

i told my dealer and he's getting me new springs for the boot as this may solve the problem

The dealer told me when I bought mine that this is adjustable.

My old IS popped open all the way and then some. The new one (with the standard IS300 mini-spoiler) pops about 70%. His argument was that this was deliberate to prevent the ingress of rain..... not sure if I believe him ;)

A

mmmmmmmmmm i think ill be calling bull**** on that one

only normal in the fact that you have to hold the button down. Not normal in the fact that yours doesn't pop up at least part of the way! Take it in to get it seen to!

yeah the button thing is fine, to stop you opening the boot accidentally (i often press the boot button instead of the unlock button when in a rush!)

i have an '02' car and it doesnt open at all but when i had an '03' courtesy car it did open half way so i asked what the difference was. they said nothin is different, and hence said they would get new boot springs so best to try your dealer and see what he says

...best to try your dealer and see what he says.

No, I don't think I'll bother. I don't think I would like the fact of the boot springing up and bouncing on the hinges. As long as the boot unlocks that's fine by me.

Up north we get a lot of rain (there's not as much pollution so the rain get's thru!) so auto-opening the boot doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Everyone to their own I guess.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links