Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The "beeping" Noise

Tried searching for this... but no luck :duh:

As you may know that I have bought the Quanan Parking Sensors (which came thru the post today :D ) and planning to fit it over this weekend (but yet have decided to DIY or get the "professional" to do it :unsure::whistling:

Anyway once the sensors do get fitted...I just realised that there will be 2 beeping noise will be coming out of the car. Which I am at the moment assume will be a nuisance and possibly distracting! Is there any how or way the reverse "beeping" noise can (which is the standard on manual IS's) be turned off :blush::question:

Can't remember or find if this has been discussed before :whistling: :winky: :D

no....its a safety feature, which one day will save your *****

I am a good driver honest :whistling: :winky:

Shame would prefer without it :crybaby:

p.s. would anyone know how manually to disarm the noise i.e. like someone accidently cut the wire so it won't make any noise :whistling::blush: :winky:

Another thing peep's :blush: (some of you's have recieved a PM from me)

I'm about to order and make the paint to spray the sensors with. Thinking of using Halfords for the paint. Is it wise to get it from them or simply get it from the Lexus dealer?

As you may know...I have never done this :blush: Anyway how would you describe and or suggest I go abouts doing the spraying and lacquering? How far do I spray them from and how thick/thin including the lacquering? The sensitive areas of the sensors? The drying process etc... :question::question:

Would appreciate your help :blush: :winky: :D

Cheers... :D

hey there Mr-Lex,

The fitting instructions that are in the workshop area - there are 2, so look at both, are pretty comprehensive on your issues.

For spraying, it seems that pushing them through a bit of card so you just see the "outside" bit, is the best way, if I get the sensors, I am gonna by Lexus spray can as Halfords from what I see don't do the Lexus colours. Hold can about 10-12 inches away I guess. If you are not sure, spray in stages giving it light coats each time. Same for lacquer, plus just give it enough to give it a nice shiney on the finish.

From what I gather, then sensors are fine about being painted, they are ultrasonics so should be ok! Just let them long enough to dry the paint and a little bit more. A few hours should do it. Though let it go off nicely or it will still be a little soft - could use a hair dryer on it - once its dry only though.

Good luck, from the instructions you should be ok to do it yourself - just think of the satisfaction after.

Regarding the beeps, I was planning to see how accurate the readout was and if it worked well at angles etc, then see about disconnecting the beeper on the sensors rather than the cars one.

No probs, good luck.

Did you find the workshop instructions - one (the newer) has nice piccies etc and recommended spacings for the sensors.

Yes I did mate...excellent workshop details....just wanted to be more precise :winky: :D

Thanks

oh, didn't know they could make them up - guess thats by the paint code then - what about a proper colour match as sometimes a manufacturer has several shades per code!

Do they match well?

Mr-Lex, where you thinking of putting the display unit?

oh, didn't know they could make them up - guess thats by the paint code then - what about a proper colour match as sometimes a manufacturer has several shades per code!

Do they match well?

Mr-Lex, where you thinking of putting the display unit?

I think they can match well... :blink:

I'm currently thinking of putting the display unit like this

What do you think :question: I think it makes sense... :question:

Mr lex boy.. halfords can supply the colours you so desire,, thats where i went and got perfect match, in paint and spray can.

What can I say mate...it makes me more determined to get it from them now :winky: Just gotta find time....wish I wasn't working...could've have started on it by now :whistling: :winky:

I've read before of a few users disabling the standard beep when you put it in reverse, I understand its quite straight forward but I've no idea how its done!

:yahoo: ow Ricky...please help :question: Where did you hear and see it? Dig deep mate :whistling: :winky:

Matt (Wildrnes) has put his display in the storage compartment behind the drinks holder. (Sort of arm rest thingy with the padded lid)

You don't see the display at all, and you just lift the lid when you're in reverse - if you want to.

The beeping gets quicker the closer you are to what's behind, so more often than not you don't actually need to see the display

yeah looks ok there. I just wanted it in a more conventional place so it didn't look so non-standard!

Has anyone got the dimensions of the display unit?

I do remember something ages and ages ago about the buzzer. A search may pick it up though dunno?

yeah looks ok there. I just wanted it in a more conventional place so it didn't look so non-standard!

Yeh I was thinking that...but it makes sense there as in theory when reversing you tend to look back and that being there will possibly help :duh:

Has anyone got the dimensions of the display unit?

I'm not at home so, can't say....

I do remember something ages and ages ago about the buzzer. A search may pick it up though dunno?

Tried that...but no luck.... :huh:

Heres one in the ashtray Sanj.........

Yeh saw that Zee... :blink: dunno if I like it there...tend to put loose coins in there

Also saw the above of the ash tray and geoffers one above the rear view mirror...but yet undecided :blush: :duh:

I think I should have a poll up :question::whistling: :winky:

I've read before of a few users disabling the standard beep when you put it in reverse, I understand its quite straight forward but I've no idea how its done!

:yahoo: ow Ricky...please help :question: Where did you hear and see it? Dig deep mate :whistling: :winky:

The first place I saw it was in a motoring magazine after the IS200 was launched. They had one on their long term fleet and said they had the dealer disable the bleep as it drove them mad.

It was my dealer that told me it was easy to do, have you tried asking a dealer? Its worth a go.

The first place I saw it was in a motoring magazine after the IS200 was launched. They had one on their long term fleet and said they had the dealer disable the bleep as it drove them mad.

It was my dealer that told me it was easy to do, have you tried asking a dealer? Its worth a go.

Might just do that!?! You use Hadleigh? I use them as well!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links