Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Find that a bit strange,you would have thought that somewhere in the settings you should have the option to turn the camera warning off,hopefully there is a solution somewhere otherwise you might sadly have to live with it.

• 6 months later...

I'm also looking to find a way to turn it off - but only because my wife is unhappy that it wakes her up!! I'm not kidding, she loved my old IS 250 SE-L to bits as it was so comfortable and she enjoyed a good snooze on longer journeys - all right for some isn't it? She finds the new IS 300h every bit as comfortable, and most of the time quieter too, but she just can't sleep through the sound of the speed camera warning beeps.

It doesn't bother me - as I'm normally awake whilst driving :whistling: - but I'd really like to find the option to switch it off if it's possible for the times I've got SWMBO in the car.

I've been through every menu option I can find in the nav system today and no joy there. Also no joy in the paper manual, or on the CD which has all the information on the whole Lexus range which came with the car (it's in the service manual pouch) so I'm going to have to speak to Lexus Nottingham and see if they can help.

MrW - I wasn't aware that it is illegal to have this function in the car, but clearly if you have it you'd need to make sure it was switched off before venturing into Europe.

Robert

Please don't shoot the messenger but to the best of my knowledge it cannot be switched off. I queried this 6 months ago and am afraid no matter what you try, beep beep won't stop.

Just driven to the Alps and back, no beeping as I presume that the mapping data is legally compliant with French law. Still can't see what all the fuss is with beeping, it's hardly loud although each to their own. As for sticking a Tom Tom on the windscreen, forget it, what a backward step. If you can't afford the Lexus nav then too bad, not that it's perfect of course.

....you need to see if you can borrow some imagination as there are other options to windscreen mounting and an integral sat nav.

Choosing not to spend £2k doesn't mean it can't be afforded - I didn't upgrade the wheels or take leather seats - does this make me a pauper or just that I didn't spend my allowance for the sake of it?

..but wait as I did get a tow bar fitted - perhaps I'm made of money now!!

Like you do correctly say - each to their own - enjoy the beeps dude.

As a slight aside, I didn't pay 2k for the sat-nav. In fact I paid pretty much nothing.

Yes, that's the list price, but if you can negotiate (I appreciate some business buyers don't have that option) you will not pay anything near it.

Remember, options devalue faster than the car itself; they are literally worth less. So you should try to pay less for them!

• 3 weeks later...

I had one on demo a while back before placing an order and had the sat nag volume muted. I personally can't stand the directions being called out as it interrupts the stereo. I appreciate it isn't a solution for everyone, but with no voices being called out at all, I also received no beeps for speed cameras - it could work as a temporary solution for those with sleeping ladies in the car?

• 1 month later...

Just driven to the Alps and back, no beeping as I presume that the mapping data is legally compliant with French law. Still can't see what all the fuss is with beeping, it's hardly loud although each to their own. As for sticking a Tom Tom on the windscreen, forget it, what a backward step. If you can't afford the Lexus nav then too bad, not that it's perfect of course.

I am awating the delivery of an IS300h with sat-nav on monday. In my IS250 Sport i use a Garmin sat-nav fitted to the air-vent with a Brodit unit. I use this because i get the speed camera data FREE every week from Pocket GPS World. As the sat-nav in the IS300h is on a mamory card, will i be able to add my POI's to the existing ones?

You can add your POI's, I haven't done it so can't add anything much beyond that, except that it looks a one by one exercise.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Apparently this particular forum is for all current IS models and not just the 300H so may I add a comment from the perspective of an IS250 owner? I too have been wondering how to turn off the double-beep and have even had doubts that it warns of speed cameras - I think that a tiny camera icon appears on the map as well as hearing the beeps but it is so small that it doesn't provide much guidance. I have searched pdf files of the Owner's manual and the Satnav manual using terms such as "camera"' "speed" or "speed camera" and can confirm that there is nothing that even comes close to matching them. If anyone finds, or is already in possession of, some instructions about this feature of the car, please post.

The only way to turn the beep off is by muting the nav volume completely. Obviously a consequence of this is no turn by turn verbal instructions.

I guess muting the volume to get rid of unwanted beeps will suit those using known routes and camera positions, but perhaps not so good for those using the nav for directions.

I find the camera icon perfectly visable on the map screen, and the speed limit displayed is helpful too. The beep is well in advance of the camera, perhaps too much so. I've heard it and forgotten about it by the time I get there. I think it's about 1/4 mile.

For me, is much rather have it than not.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, DJP, for that useful information. I agree that having the speed limit displayed on the map is very useful and I will keep a look out for the camera icon when I hear the double beep. I still think it very odd that there's no mention whatsoever of this feature in the manuals, even if it can't be turned off or modified.

Guess I will have to wait until Monday. If the satnav is Tom-Tom based there must be a POI folder on the memory card that you can access and load your own OV2 locations. How often are the speed camera locations updated.?

The previous Gen IS didn't have speed cameras but I imagine they will only update if you buy a new map, as you do for road changes. That used to cost about £150 from memory.

There is a new map available to me via the portal at £160 ish, I haven't gone for that in case my dealer can do better. On first enquiry he definitely cannot do better but he is double checking.

You can stop the navigation bleeping at speed cameras by turning the POI speed display off in the set up menu.

Menu- Setup-Navigation and i think it's disabling the "Show Speed Limit Info" in the list.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links