Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Silent, Danger, What Are You Doing You !"£$%^&**((

We all know about how quiet our 400/430's are on the inside, but after fitting new tyres direct tread to add the the quietness I find pedestrians are finding my car hard to hear.

Over the last month people have walked out, or remained in the path of my car with there back to me when I have been approaching them at low speed, car parks are worst literally right up behind them and they have not noticed the car right behind them, they turn and jump looking surprised and they're not wearing ear pods, this has happened too many times now for there to be that many idiots out there. I asked the wife if she could hear it approaching so we tested it she could hear it but the sound hardly increased as it got nearer she said if she was talking to a friend or engrossed in thought it could be a non-invasive sound and would not alert her.

Even on the road people have walk out in front and away of the car in a diagonal direction not even hearing it bloody annoying really. I know they should look but people are alerted by sound and most cars are noisy.

should I go back to my Diesel for the sake of humanity.

Same with my GS 450H Lexdad !

We have to be extra vigilant when about pedestrians and cyclists.

I have heard it said that some kind of "noise" is to be inserted into future hybrids, so as to alert people to their proximity.

In the meantime you and I and many others must take great care.

Regards

Frequent occurrence with my GS430 too. People wandering about in supermarket carparks without looking even when there is a marked footway which is not used. If they are not aware by the time I am very close I give a very short honk on the horn.......amazing how quickly they react!

Why change back to diesel because people are just idle/stupid and wander around in a vehicular zone?

In the 11 years nearly that I have been driving my Lexii 400s I have found constantly that the car / vehicle / engine is soooooo quiet when running at a slow speed that I could have culled the UK population quite dramatically had I been of a mind so to do ...........

just accept the fact that all these models are just divine to drive and for one to creep up behind pedestrians too .... the look of shock horror on their faces when they realise they could have so easily been road kill in the hands of a non Lexus aware driver

Malc

Mmmm ......I've always believed in using a horn sparingly-only when absolutely necessary, Lexus cars,especially,it seems,my LS400, has,what I would say is the closest you can get,to having an American-style/volume horn,on the odd occasion I've been forced to use it,in situations like the first post here,I've scattered pedestrians like confetti,-you don't need to use it a second time,pretty embarrassing really.......

With regard to supermarket carparks,Do not involve yourself in a accident with a pedestrian, you will be in a vunerable position from all points apart from the fact you will damage the car and have to claim against your insurance or pay out of your pocket, whatever the circumstances you will be hard pushed to prove blame againt the pedestrian unless they jump on your vehicle.The car park although classed as a vehicular area is more inclined to be looked upon as a pedestrian area and any accidents are looked at from that point of view.And its amazing how a motorist suddenly takes on the mindset of a pedestrian as soon as they exit their vehicle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links