Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hit A Deer

malfranco

Not having my much luck this month with my car I hit a deer the other week and it is going to cost me £300 just to get the wing mirror done. However I have suffered slight other damage to the bonnent, wing and door they are not big dents because of how well the car is built. Is there anywhere you guys can recommend for get this damaged fixed. The authorised Lexus suggestion wanted £850 which seems a bit steep. :blink:

Deery Deery me these jokes I have heard them all before.

Because the IS200 is built so well I came off better than I would have normally it hit the front wing, bonnet and took the wing mirror clean off. When it first hit I thought oh my *** the damage was going to be really bad.

It was at night and the deer came from the left wooded area straight out infront of me nothing I could do, luckily the girlfriend didn't have the window open otherwise she would have got a snog from the deer.

When I pulled over a little down the road the damage didn't seem that bad, the deer was dead and a woman behind hit it as well, the stink was terrible, but we had to move it off the road.

The next day I could see it had dented the bonnet, wing and door very slightly, but as you lot know to dent that bonnet takes some hit. Would have demolished most normal cars, my friend had a volvo and come off a lot worse than me.

Getting the wing mirror done tomorrow and will use my Gold membership discount very useful (for those out there that have not got it) what you waiting for its well worth it.

I will get the other parts done at a later stage as they are minor dents, however I do want to get them done.

Is it me or do girls not understand men and motors, she goes there is nothing wrong with the car and I said there is and I want it done. You have to talk their language and I said to her is her furniture had got stratched or damage would she try to mend it, she had to agree she would.

I am going to this Xmas do and hope some of you guys will be there, probably go under the name oh dear. It been quiet regarding the Xmas do have they got the numbers yet. :blink:

good to deer your sorting things.......oops sorry hear your sorting things :whistling:

the chrimbo doo is going ahead, one way or another, steve wants to do some Kareoke this year........and i wanna deer it....oops hear it

Is it me or do girls not understand men and motors

Yesterday I gave the IS a good clean. Noticed that the front nearside wheel had been kerbed.

Didn't understand it. I couldn't remember hitting/rubbing/scraping anything. P :tsktsk: ssed me of big style, ruined my day.

The marks aren't bad. I could swap it for the spare.

My wife came home and "noticed" I was troubled... I explained... "Oh, ah, urm. I think it was me. I did look but didn't see anything... it's only a wheel after all - whats the big deal"

Only a wheel! Only a wheel!

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links