Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supra Mkv

Leexus

Well in that case Zee, perhaps you should hold off on selling your IS for a year or two  :winky:

Who said anything about selling Ian - I just wanted to ADD another car to my collection....... :winky:

sorry Zee, my bad :zee:

There was talk of Toyota using the V10 from the TF1xx F1 car. Maybe that will be in a different car.

There is talk of F1 using smaller V8s rather than the present 3.0l V10 which BMW are not happy about because they want to use their F1 engine in the next M5 and M6.

The Supra has always been a bigger car than the IS, the GS was it's basis last time.

Well the current IS is 4400mm long, compared with the 4450mm on the top spec

And width, the IS is 1725mm wide, compared to 1830mm

Whereas the GS is 4805mm long (compared to 4450),

and 1800mm wide (against 1830)..

So it seems (going on the above figures), that it will be the length of the IS, and width of the GS.

How can it possibly be based on either platform.. unless the next IS will be wider than the GS?

and therefore wont fit in my garage! :angry:

Looks like it's not a 2+2 only 2 seater which would reduce the length. Also they are now using V engines which make the bonnet shorter. The IS could do with a couple more cms in width, but I wouldn't think it will get 10.

Hopefully it won't be based on anything else and use it's own chassis however that's not an economic solution these days, especially with a low volume model like the Supra.

Have it on pretty good authority that the only thing the GS and Supra have in common is the lump of the Engine. Chassis is unique to each car....despite being told repeatedly that I drive a supra with a body kit...

If it were the case I wonder if the supra or the GS would launch the new car first?

Brand wars are great for the customer!

that could put me off the AM V8....

*drooling like a teenager in spearmint rhino for first time...*

Great lines and curves in the right places!

Gimme gimme gimme!

Bets its half the price of the Aston too...

Loz

For heavens sake man - go and have a quiet word with yourself will you :o

You've already resisted an XJR (Biiiiiiig mistake), don't miss out on the Aston experience :hehe:

Funny thing is, my financial director is thinking about an XJ SPort 3.2 V8. I think he'd be better off in a GS430 or 300 sport. HE only does 5 minute journeys mostly though. home to gym home to office, gym to office...

His wife has just got an IS200 in Plat Ice with Exmoor. Were it not for the fact that she is a Cheif Inspector ( and thus far to busy for club things ) I'd invite her to join....

Yeah, thats the only reason honest...

:ph34r:

Have it on pretty good authority that the only thing the GS and Supra have in common is the lump of the Engine

If you take the non turbo Supra then the GS uses the same engine, gearbox, brakes, abs system, power steering, A/C?, fuel tank? and most of the interior switch gear and fittings. The Twin Turbo has quite a few parts uprated so that has less parts in common.

So it seems (going on the above figures), that it will be the length of the IS, and width of the GS.

How can it possibly be based on either platform.. unless the next IS will be wider than the GS?

and therefore wont fit in my garage! :angry:

I think you think too much :lol:

and therefore wont fit in my garage!  :angry:

I think you think too much :lol:

jon whos turn was it to use the brain this weekend :crying:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links