Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

No More Eibachs, Only P&i's

P4VVS

Guys, got hold of a supplier for eibachs from GriM and was told that Eibach have discontinued the springs for the Lexus IS, and was told they only do P&I, the problem is eibachs lowered 30mm and I was told by you guys should be fine to lower the car on 19x8 rims with 235-35zr19 rubber,

The P&I lower it 35mm! can i still get away without chnaging the shocks, the guy said that i should but wanted to know your advice, the car has 70,000ish miles on it if that makes a difference! shock travel due to age or something he was saying. Some advice please guys.

Thanks.

well thats strange, ive just spoken to Eibach in Germany to confirm this, and they said, that production hasnt stopped, infact they have had to up production due to the numbers being sold :whistling:

Must admit i found it hard to believe ....

Ok lads + lasses... round to said supplier to administer a right shoeing :shifty:

Mmm strange, thats what they guy told me today, discontinued!, will ring back tomorrow and see what he says.

but will the P&I's be ok at 35mm? if i cant get eibachs...

Yep, can't see why not. I think imi has P&I springs :huh:

I have had my Eibachs in for a good few months now and I love them. The ride is good and they look great. I would recommend going for the Eibachs. ;)

Mmm strange, thats what they guy told me today, discontinued!, will ring back tomorrow and see what he says.

but will the P&I's be ok at 35mm? if i cant get eibachs...

Yep, can't see why not. I think imi has P&I springs :huh:

I have had my Eibachs in for a good few months now and I love them. The ride is good and they look great. I would recommend going for the Eibachs. ;)

Imi had the H&R springs.....

I should think they will be OK.... but Eibachs or Spax would be a safer bet......

Guys, got hold of a supplier for eibachs from GriM and was told that Eibach have discontinued the springs for the Lexus IS, and was told they only do P&I,

Dunno if its the same dealer but i was told exactly the same thing when i ordered my Pi's last week.

Ok - Back on topic..... :rolleyes:

Javadude - Apex springs have been purchased by a previous member (can't remember whom) but I again would opt for TTE or Eibach in favour of any other brand.....

P4VVS- any joy with your springs at all? :unsure:

Anyway...

So Eibach's are still available then, and this supplier obviously was 'bending' the truth to sell off his excess stock of PI springs (alledgly)... ?

Looks like it Ian...... I bet TTE will still supply their springs too......

Anyway...

So Eibach's are still available then, and this supplier obviously was 'bending' the truth to sell off his excess stock of PI springs (alledgly)... ?

Looks like it Ian...... I bet TTE will still supply their springs too......

Which can be ordered and fitted through your local dealer..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links