Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Is-F Owner

So been on here for a few days before getting the car and you seem like a nice bunch from what I have read. This is just me saying hello and showing the car and a bit of my car history (which is very short as I am only 26)

Came back from holiday last year around August looking for a new car, at the time was driving a Diesel Citroen DS3 then which was bought due to having to commute back and forth to work (SW London - Reading). Changed job last year and thought i would buy a car I could actually enjoy.

Test drove a Blue IS-F in Lexus Edgware that they had for sale, was an 2008 Model but were asking for too much so left it there. A year later and still looking for one i found one that was in pretty decent condition.

2010 Plate, 20k Miles, 1 Owner and FSH. And lastly price was in range of what I could afford. I loved the 08 Model and when i saw this one, the decision was quick and simple. I have put 3 pictures below (hopefully) and as soon as I have some time will take some proper ones. There has been nothing done to it which is something I like.

post-50183-0-55597600-1399549446_thumb.j

post-50183-0-14317800-1399549448_thumb.j

post-50183-0-30236700-1399549449_thumb.j

I have a few question really for the time being and instead of spamming the forum with multiple posts i will chuck them in here (if this is not the right way let me know and I will do what the rules say).

Bought a RoadAngel Gem+ yesterday to keep me out of trouble or atleast away from points and fines, the Dash Mount does not stick to the dash which is annoying and the kit i bought included a cigarette lighter extension to be able to hard wire it into the car. So my 2 questions are:

1. What can i buy or do to stick the dash mount to the dash?

2. Where is the best place to get power from to be able to loop in the cigarette lighter they provide (if possible I would like it in the bottom right hand corner of the dash)?

Another question i have is:

3. How do i find out what version/model sat nav is in the car?

I actually have lots more questions but dont need them answered just yet so as time goes on I will ask away.

If you guys have any questions just ask away :-)

Welcome to the forum. Lovely car :0)

Come along to some meets fella.

Can't help with your first questions but the second one is available in the satnav. Someone will state how to find out.

Stu

Welcome...nice car and yours has the sunroof. Only thing I would change in mine as mine hasn't got one.

As for checking out the map data press Navi and then MAP DATA and that will tell you the map version and Gracenote info.

As Stu says come to a meet and show off your car.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

26 and owning an ISF, I think I had a 1980 2.0L Opel Rekord at the same age :)

:-) I guess i am one of those who just jumps straight to the front of the line.

Welcome...nice car and yours has the sunroof. Only thing I would change in mine as mine hasn't got one.

As for checking out the map data press Navi and then MAP DATA and that will tell you the map version and Gracenote info.

When/Where is the next meet? I will be at Japfest this Saturday if anyone is going

When/Where is the next meet? I will be at Japfest this Saturday if anyone is going

Not going to Japfest but the next forum meet is in June. Details here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/89583-south-east-7th-june/

Cheers for the link. Still getting used to the forum layout and sections. Will take a look at that now

Cheers for the link. Still getting used to the forum layout and sections. Will take a look at that now

No worries..it will be my first meet and good to see more ISFs. Hope to see you there.

August will be difficult. Will be on holiday going to Spain driving the beast all the way. So I have already started saving for the petrol ha!

Welcome to a fairly exclusive club mate, love the colour of yours BTW. I'm sure you will totally fall for your F as pretty much everyone else on here has with theirs!

I don't know the proper colour name but it looks like a pearl white. And I have already fallen in love with it but now every time I drive it I get home paranoid I have passed a speed camera and not realised. I hope there is other that have this slight "problem" and it is not just me

I had the Pogo alert taken out of mine but after reading some reviews of Iphone speed apps I have downloaded one to use when I go anywhere I don't know the locations of the usual speed cameras. I've ordered a vent mount for the phone as well and see how I get on with it. I hate those mounts that attach to the screen.

So no you are not paranoid...I have had mine for three months now and am amazed that I haven't got a ticket. Came close this evening when I took her out for a blast. Came off the motorway and on the roundabout above the junction there was an unmarked police car looking up the way I would have gone. I know it will happen some time though.

• Like 1

Welcome Simon. :)

Car looks great chap. As others have said, you'll fall head over heels in love with it on no time! ;)

You've picked my favourite colour as well! ;) love the grey as well, but something stunning about the pearlescent white I adore! :)

Hopefully get to meet you at one of the upcoming meets, :)

Think we have enough IS-F owners to put on a separate meet. Maybe go with Bluewater again one weekend??

Let us know if you have any questions, or if you need any advice. :)

You'll love the Spain roadtrip! Just the fuel to save up for! ;) Lol.

Best of luck with it.

Cheers.

Peter :)

Nice car looks like mine! Can't tell if you have the 2010 spider web alloys in those pics, if it does then we will have twins!

I get mine serviced at Edgeware, where are you based?

Welcome to the forum!

Based between Battersea and Clapham Common....somewhere in the middle :-D

So ended up going Japfest yesterday. Only IS-F at the show. I can only say I got a few looks at the car. Shame there wasn't more Lexus's there that day

welcome. Lovely car. Of course best bet for cameras is paying attention when driving. I use a Tom Tom as its a better sat nav than my 08 version. I've also got a road angle which is great; get it wired in so you don't have to trail a wire to the 12v socket. Its a faff to keep unplugging stuff mind. having said all that whatever smart phone you have will have sat nav and cameras. whether they are as good as a paid for service I am not so sure. especially mobile units where Tom Tom and road angle update in real time based on other drivers pressing a button when they see a unit.

welcome. Lovely car. Of course best bet for cameras is paying attention when driving. I use a Tom Tom as its a better sat nav than my 08 version. I've also got a road angle which is great; get it wired in so you don't have to trail a wire to the 12v socket. Its a faff to keep unplugging stuff mind. having said all that whatever smart phone you have will have sat nav and cameras. whether they are as good as a paid for service I am not so sure. especially mobile units where Tom Tom and road angle update in real time based on other drivers pressing a button when they see a unit.

I wanted to Hardwire it in but have no idea where or how. If you have any insider tips on where to hardwire it send me a PM or post it here if it is allowed.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links