Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

F*** :tsktsk: f*** :tsktsk: f*** :tsktsk: f***

Finally got everything sorted with Lexus Sheffield. They rang today and said "As a gesture of goodwill for the problems with brakes, not spraying the front grille as promised etc etc we have your brand new car mats and latest sat nav CD". Great I thought so I'veranged to drive down on Saturday morning and they'll fix the gear surround lights while I'm there as well.

On the way home tonight I decided to visit this spangled new drive through car wash which has velvet brushes. They don't scratch the car. The only thing I was concerned about was the brushes jamming in the gap in the spoiler and yanking it off. No problems were encounted as the wash completed. I drove out of the car wash and stopped to inspect the back.

The :tsktsk: aerial was snapped !!! I forgot to take the key out when I drove it in I was that paranoid about the spoiler.

Anyway it hung there with a big plastic flexible line and I put the key back in and tried to keep the aerial inside. No joy.

The absolute pants thing is the aerial comes out even when the radio is not selected - total s*** that is.

Anyway I got home and so I could at least listen to the CD tomorrow I got some scissors to cut the plastic flexible line and cover the hole where the aerial was. The plastic was a bit tough and didn't look like it would cut.

Suddenly it cut it and the scissor gouged two scrapes into the side of the spoiler.

I nearly wept in the street.

Anyway please can someone tell me how much it is to get a new electric aerial fitted ?

I think they are pants and would rather have one that is embedded in the windscreen or a small one at the top of the rear window (there is an aerial for a phone there but that's no good is it ?)

What are the options for aerials ?

The two scratches on the spoiler aren't too big (1cm and 2cm) but because they have cut through the paint they look dark and very distinctive.

How much would it cost to put this right ? Can I do it myself ?

I'm gutted at the moment. :crying::crying::crying:

awww mate.. i feel for you....

Just to make you feel better, it happens to the best of us...

I'd had my IS a week, and putting into the garage.... well you've guessed it.. scrape!!! gouged lumps out of the front arch :crybaby:

But as our ma always says... "Dont let the buggers get you down"

Should I have cut the plastic flexible line.

Sorry Gary but no you shouldn't. A mast as Chris said is around £36 but I believe that mast attaches to the plastic line. I don't think you can get that as a spare (I could be wrong) and a new aerial will cost £££££.

As for the scratches on the spoiler I would try using Scratch X first. It may make it look good enough for you not to bother with a professional repair.

Not sure on a Lex but normally the plastic line is fived to the aerial on a relacement and you have to dismantle the aerial and feed the new line round some cogs. I have had to replace a cuple in mt time. Big "H" also do a complete new electric aerial for under £40 and a deluxe one for under £50, but better to fix the one you got if you can ( should only take about 10 minutes if you got the new mast / line ).

The mast comes with the plastic wire connected

It is a two man job to fit though

One to power the radio on and off

And the other person is required to feed the plastic wire back inside the motor housing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links