Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the exhaust is slightly to the right.

i could say its because the pipework is its shortest running to that point, thereby saving weight,

or i could say i tried it in the middle and it looked naff,

or i could say i quite liked the off centre look, like alot of the 80's-90's Alfa's and went for that.

Take your pick :D

I reckon you just did it by mistake :D

Does that mean your old dual zorsts are for sale ? .... coz they are slightly smaller than the HKS ones ....... I could be interested :P

I reckon you just did it by mistake  :D

Does that mean your old dual zorsts are for sale ? .... coz they are slightly smaller than the HKS ones ....... I could be interested  :P

earlier in this topic i offered it for free.......no one took me up on the offer so scrapped it

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the new front Brakes should be with me by Monday........... :ph34r:

ive ordered the Steel cat from Prolex Uk also the manifold and the rear silencer, i was waiting and waiting to see the other Traders offerings/products, but they havnt materialised yet, and as i would like to get as much done to the car BEFORE i bring it back to the UK......Due to Tax reasons :shifty:

also orderd the same Cusco negative camber upper wishbones as i fitted to the Monster

and im awaiting final pricing to order a LSD. :yawn:

soon as Mark (TDI) confirms a price for his Spherical bearing LCA then i shall be getting a pair of those, and with a potential idea that i and legendswraith have plotted if that comes through a little something else for the suspension!!

i have installed the MINES lcd egt meter, the box sits on the dash top, the display is now stuck over the old clock/temp display

For Barrie........the painted Grill.

Must admit it does look better.....

The Painted Grill

As good as this pic is ,i think it would of looked meaner if you carried on with the black following the lines of the bonnet (hiding the plate holes) and painting the inner edge of the bottom of the bumper (where the cut out is) white..... :D

i see what you mean.....................

but i have no time.........or Workshop over here anymore.........so all my work has to be carried out in the Poxy climate controlled ventilated Tank hangers.

it makes the working enviroment far to cosy :blink:

i dont think there is a best set up.....

i think its down to several main factors, and many much smaller factors,

its generally accepted that the rear runs neutral, maybe slighly negative camber, but the front does run negative, as a track car it ran with slight toe in aswell.settings is something i am going to start experimenting with, soon as i have everything together

i dont think there is a best set up.....

i think its down to several main factors, and many much smaller factors,

its generally accepted that the rear runs neutral, maybe slighly negative camber, but the front does run negative, as a track car it ran with slight toe in aswell.settings is something i am going to start experimenting with, soon as i have everything together

That will be interesting, i think you know that through NSOX and WIM and Drift academy i had the chance to write a "theoretical" set-up based on the basic needs of the drift, 50% of the theory caused much debate ( good ) application of geometry is theorectical since cowards like me dont drift!, something that has caused much argument UK USA is the need for "castor" for the drift car, seemingly this angle is very missunderstood, i think a good understanding of this angle would be a "massive" benifit......what do you think?

i agree understanding Castor and all other parameters would open up "Drifters" eyes, this is why i think in Japan with the Pro drivers and teams the geometery settings are very closly kept secrets.

Castor is one of those parameters thats overlooked because few people will ever need to experiance it application in another range.

castor is something VW Beetle/Camper owners who lower there cars know alot about!!, maybe not the understanding of its effect, but the physical feeling of altered Castor

on a modern Saloon, the caster angles can determine the angle of attack on a drift..allowing for more steering angle, but even i have to admit, Suspension set up is an art i have not even started pre-school in.

I am Quite happy when my car is up and running to allow you to put your Theory into Practice!

I think you 2 (Mat and Tony) should get together on this one and discuss it in length as both of you have greater knowledge and understanding of geometry matters than most of us.........its very interesting and cant wait to see the drift car in action with the settings you both come up with. B)

on a modern Saloon, the caster angles can determine the angle of attack on a drift..allowing for more steering angle, but even i have to admit, Suspension set up is an art i have not even started pre-school in.

I am Quite happy when my car is up and running to allow you to put your Theory into Practice!

That would be an experiance for us both! the area i found missunderstood with the castor angle is the effect of it to the "TOOT" my study proved "positive castor and its axis can "dismiss" rack ratio at a rate that compliments drift, thing is like you maybe when i read all the information shown in the forums, it's not what they say it's what they dont say, camber this, camber that.....we all know but the hidden areas like castor falls silent, those are the ones that capture me, i'm sure Mat you have read some of my "theory" shown in SXOC, and seen the "cut downs" from the members and i know they all no :tsktsk: all other than the basics, apply three dimentinal geometrical geometry on paper and explain it then i would be impressed, my main target within the drift geometry set-up is "castor" and very much in debate rear "toe"...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links