Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Still Paying Stupid/rip Off Prices For Fuel Why?

Bluesman

Oil Price Drops on Oversupply
By STEVE AUSTIN for OIL-PRICE.NET, 2014/10/06

In June of 2014 the Brent Crude Oil Price
hit $115 per barrel and many oil market insiders were predicting higher
prices. Other analyst however, called a peak, and their predictions
proved to be correct. By the beginning of October 2014, the Index
dropped to $95 and predictions of further falls down to $90 or even $80
hold sway. What changed?

oil-price-drops.png

The above shows the price of crude oil dropping like a stone over July-Sept 2014 today a barrel of crude oil stands at $84 and we are still paying sky high prices for fuel. Why??? Mike

Thank god I use L.P.G. the local Asda has held the price for it at 64ppl for the last 4 months, so the rip off merchants must be making a fortune on the price of petrol. :arrrggg-matey: :arrrggg-matey:

I'm a bit less bothered than you guys - at the end of the day they'll take it from us one way or another. If it's not fuel tax it'll be somewhere else. At least fuel tax is fairer based on how much you use your car. It's the road tax does gets on my nerves. Why should I be penalised for effectively recycling a car just because it's old? Buying a new car might save on emissions but consider the raw materials (rare metals etc. that go into all the electronics) and cost of development. To my mind I should be rewarded for keeping an older car on the road...

Thank god I use L.P.G. the local Asda has held the price for it at 64ppl for the last 4 months, so the rip off merchants must be making a fortune on the price of petrol. :arrrggg-matey: :arrrggg-matey:

And me. We are paying 64p and they have just started a money off promotion so 1st time you get 1p a litre off all the way up to 10p then its start all over again. "Well worth having. Mike

Petrol, although still expensive, is at its lowest price since 2010. The treasury takes a large proportion in fuel duty and VAT but as Nigel says it is at least a fairer tax than many. It would be even fairer to scrap VED and add another couple of pence on the cost of petrol/diesel in duty & VAT thus ensuring that low mileage owners were not paying the same as high mileage owners in VED and would eliminate the motorists who fail to pay VED and also remove the cost of administering VED.

Petrol, although still expensive, is at its lowest price since 2010. The treasury takes a large proportion in fuel duty and VAT but as Nigel says it is at least a fairer tax than many. It would be even fairer to scrap VED and add another couple of pence on the cost of petrol/diesel in duty & VAT thus ensuring that low mileage owners were not paying the same as high mileage owners in VED and would eliminate the motorists who fail to pay VED and also remove the cost of administering VED.

Some good points. As far as VED is concerned having just got rid of the Tax disc they must be saving a fortune on printing, postal charges and other administration assciated with it but will we see any benifit from this? I think thats a big zero. It always annoys me and millions of others that as soon as they get a rise in costs the are passed onto us imeadiately but sadly the reverse of the equation very rarely happens and if it does the drop is infinitesimal. Mike

It is still expensive, I'm paying around £1.23 in our area, but as I don't waste my money on fags and scratch cards etc I'm not that bothered. Like someone has already said, they'll get you one way or another.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links