Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hmmm.......

One of the things I love about the LS is that it is nicely under-stated. Like many other people on this forum, I love it when someone gets into my car for the first time. The look on their face when they get out is wonderful.

Like Mark, I have been amazed at some of the things our American cousins do to their 400s/430s/460s and 600s. Britain and the USA may speak (roughly) the same language, but we are very different cultures. :)

Hmmm.......

One of the things I love about the LS is that it is nicely under-stated. Like many other people on this forum, I love it when someone gets into my car for the first time. The look on their face when they get out is wonderful.

Like Mark, I have been amazed at some of the things our American cousins do to their 400s/430s/460s and 600s. Britain and the USA may speak (roughly) the same language, but we are very different cultures. :)

well we used to do it aswell but since the insurance companies have started asking " does your car have any modifications" its not that popular anymore.

We are no so used to seeing standard factory vehicles on the road nowadays that when you see a modified one it sticks out - the european lads like to supe up their cars and bring them over.

Well, I can't get too sniffy, having carried out a few dodgy "mods" myself when I was younger.

And, to be fair, a couple of the above cars look ok to me.

However, mostly I am reminded of the "good old days", when Morris Minors with collapsed trunnions were a common sight on our roads.

Here's a pic for those too young to remember.

post-41798-0-51879400-1418232308_thumb.j

Well, I can't get too sniffy, having carried out a few dodgy "mods" myself when I was younger.

And, to be fair, a couple of the above cars look ok to me.

However, mostly I am reminded of the "good old days", when Morris Minors with collapsed trunnions were a common sight on our roads.

Here's a pic for those too young to remember.

attachicon.gifmbimage.jpg

I remember those days only too well!!

I was thinking about lowering,maxing out the camber,rolling the fenders and fitting some deep dish 20" rims on mine plus maybe a full respray in a different color. :)

Wash your mouth out.

I was thinking about lowering,maxing out the camber,rolling the fenders and fitting some deep dish 20" rims on mine plus maybe a full respray in a different color. :)

I dont understand a word of that, am I missing something good? Mike

Its strange but for those of you that were alive in the 50s and 60s er had Morris Minor 1000s, 100E Ford POPs, E93A Ford Pops, Ford Anglias, Mk 1 Zodiacs, Ford Cortinas Mk 1s & 2s, Minis, etc they somehow do look good when tampered with but it just dosent seem to work on modern cars. Mike.

• Like 1

Mike,

In my case, it was Triumph Spitfires and Morris Oxfords. I lost count of how many times I stripped and rebuilt the engines over a weekend. There was always the odd nut or washer left over.......but they started :)

I feel sorry for the youngsters nowadays because everything is sealed and costs money to fix.

When I first got the LS 400 it just looked and felt right. The longer I had it, the more I realised how great it was. They built it right and there was no need to change it.

Now I have the 460 and I feel the same. Unfortunately, mine came with 19" wheels and I'm going to change that to the originals. As many people here have said - Lexus spend a lot of time and money in their quest for perfection.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links