Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is A 4 Litre Soarer A Sc400?

DarrenA

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I think there were some late 91 SC400s but they are always listed as 1992.

Essentially they are the same cars but some parts are slightly different e.g. dashboard trim, electrical components. I'm trying to find out if I can use an SC400 aircon compressor in my V8 Soarer, they cost a bomb over here!

• 3 weeks later...

er please excuse but you dont haft to be careful when buying from the usa, tuned down my but! my stock sc has 300 horses and coilover suspention. The car runs like a bat out of hell. and er... usa makes some good shiz too.

Greddy Usa

HKS Usa

Sparco Usa and more have factories in teh usa. The only cars we cant get our ahnds on are some hondas and skylines and the sr20det nissans. And yes we do use the 1ufze which we nbnow have supercharger kits made from Vortech Units as well as some custom turbo kits that are coming in. We can build imports just like everyone else. Also did i mention vortech? The usa makes it and it is the best Fi for the civic si aka typeR . I dont know why everyone saiss shiz about the usa.

The american version is a toned down model and had coil suspension, no electronic dash or emv and a lot less options.

So be careful buying parts from the states.

Most engine parts are the same as the ls400.

And er no, the engine we use for the sc400 is the same engine in the ls, yet it is improved in power speaking an ls with catback makes around 194 whp an sc makes 250. :blink: WOW only 70 hp difference!!! Someone got their facts wrong.

Also i dont know what options your talking about since Lexus over here ar premium cars and come standard with almsot all options.

And please get your facts strait about teh usa.

Tanx buy buy!

And please feal free to go at me also i noticed i spelled buy wrong it is actually bye ^_^ :whistling:

In The UK we have Different SC/Soarers to the USA

We have jap imports buddy which means we get a ton more goodies than what is in a standard SC400 in the states.

SC400 and the Soarer 4.0 use the same engine.

Also a standard SC400 does NOT have 300 horses.. 261(ish) in fact! my TT has 280 and there is no way a stock SC400 is gonna touch it.

Nothing wrong with American products at all.. some really great stuff somes from there and I order bits now and again!

er please excuse but you dont haft to be careful when buying from the usa, tuned down my but! my stock sc has 300 horses and coilover suspention. The car runs like a bat out of hell. and er... usa makes some good shiz too.

Greddy Usa

HKS Usa

Sparco Usa and more have factories in teh usa. The only cars we cant get our ahnds on are some hondas and skylines and the sr20det nissans. And yes we do use the 1ufze which we nbnow have supercharger kits made from Vortech Units as well as some custom turbo kits that are coming in. We can build imports just like everyone else. Also did i mention vortech? The usa makes it and it is the best Fi for the civic si aka typeR . I dont know why everyone saiss shiz about the usa.

The american version is a toned down model and had coil suspension, no electronic dash or emv and a lot less options.

And er no, the engine we use for the sc400 is the same engine in the ls, yet it is improved in power speaking an ls with catback makes around 194 whp an sc makes 250. :blink: WOW only 70 hp difference!!! Someone got their facts wrong.

Also i dont know what options your talking about since Lexus over here ar premium cars and come standard with almsot all options.

Tanx buy buy!

And please feal free to go at me also i noticed i spelled buy wrong it is actually bye ^_^ :whistling:

What?!!

Greddy Usa

HKS Usa

Tanx buy buy!

What?!!

what !

no spellcheck

Hehee, what a laugh :P

Have you seen these in the states? The toys we got on our cars:

In dash screen with touchscreen control of aircon/stereo/TV/satnav/trip info/fuel consumption/calendar/memo's/upgrade function trough CD changer in boot/diagnostics

3D digital dash with auto dimming

Auto lights

LCD dimming rearview mirror

Rain dispensing heated electric mirrors

Air suspension with height control/sport setting(stiffens sus)

Revesing camera with parking sensors

Air purifier

And does the LS400 not use the 1UZFE? I was under the impression it did!

It is a lovely car still (the SC400), and more designed for USA tastes but it certainly not as well equipped as the Soarer!

i am in the process of fitting fog lights into the lower opening of the front grill , and reverse parking sensors with digital distance read out / bleeps , would like a reversing camera but finding it difficult to get one so have gone in for the sensors , have got all the other stuff which works fine , but i cannot understand why the sunroof has to be closed in two motions , why did toyota make it stop half way ,my alarm circuit closes the windows but because of this little quirk it ca'nt shut the roof

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links