Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time Machine On 4 Wheels .........

The time, 5.25pm ................. the date, Friday 20th May 2005.

Location, Barking ....................

I sit inside this machine, and buckle up ......... looking happily out of these slightly tinted windows, at all the people who stand there looking and grining as the machine starts to move off ..............

2nd gear was selected ............ 15mph on the clock ......... approach a junction, then the road to the left was taken ............

Still cruising in 2nd gear, approx 20mph .... a 3rd gear is selected , now cruising at a speed of about 40 mph.

I sit looking at all these dials, and whilst looking at the dials, notice there is a 1/4 tank of petrol in the machine ...........................

Still waiting around, to be impressed by what I'm about to see I start staring out the side window at passers by, who are just staring ....... Then .... a second hand is place on the steering wheel, the right foot slams the pedal to the ground .............. at this point I'm stuck to the passengers side seat, and can't move ........ gasping for air as we start to travel quicker and quicker ........................ so quick that I look over at the speedo and we are doing 70mph, in the space of a second ..............

Driver's hand reaches over to the gear stick, clutch goes down ....... you hear this almighty roar of the turbo ....... the fourth gear is selected ... clutch goes back up ...... you hear another almighty roar ........ and the back end twitches slightly with all this power going through it ..............

We are now starting to travel at 110mph .............. I'm still trying to get my breath, and my stomach is turning upside down and inside out ......... desperatly trying to hold on, clasping to my seat belt ...........

Drivers hand reaches down for the gear stick again, clutch goes down ...... another almighty roar, 5th gear selected, clutch goes back up ........ anothe almighty roar .......... back end again twitches from side to side ........ by this time, we were travelling through time ......... everything around me was just a blur ........ the car was roaring .... and gagging for more acceleration ....... as the turbo's were making the pssssssssssht noises every time the gear was changed .......................

Then, the 6th gear was selected ........... another roar, another twitch of the rear end, wheels still spining on every single damn gear change ! .......... by this time, we were somewhere in the year 2020 ............... I didn't dare look over to the speedo, as everything else was just a blur ........... still gasping for air ........ driver then starts to slow down ............. instantly we reach about 40mph cruising speed again, as the car is still gagging for more acceleration .........................

What does the driver have to say ? "oh .... that was homo mode .... we were only running at 1.5 bar boost" ................ a few alterations to this little EVC controller on the dash, and the pressure was put back up to 5 bar boost ......... and all of the above, again, only this time at WARP SPEED. I was truley in a time machine ........... on four wheels !!

We return to the residence ............. TDi BARKING, driver again says "oh, we still haven't got all the potential out of this car yet" (i'm still busy trying to figure out what day it was)

Driver, steers back into the Industrial Est. ............ I look over, the petrol gauge was empty, and the petrol light was flashing !!!!!!!!

Out of the car I get, almost passing out on othe floor :sick: ........................

My experience in ............... THE MONSTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

monster_banner.gif

Wow!  :D

How does one sign up for this ride?  :P  :whistling:  :hehe:

I'm selling tickets, £5 a go ........ payments via Pay Pal ta .....

Hmmm good job there wasn't a police officer around with the car travelling at those speeds....  :D

We were just "testing" the car ! lol ............

Wow!  :D

How does one sign up for this ride?  :P  :whistling:  :hehe:

I'm selling tickets, £5 a go ........ payments via Pay Pal ta .....

Just booked a medical and provided I'm OK will send you a fiver :D

Scarface - isn't it somewhat hypocritical for you to condone driving at these speeds on what I presume were public roads?    :winky:

Private roads my friend ........ private ;)

Scarface - isn't it somewhat hypocritical for you to condone driving at these speeds on what I presume were public roads?    :winky:

Private roads my friend ........ private ;)

Good man, I wondered.......just that you didn't mention it in the text! :lol:

Awsome, that sounds like...... well...... errrr a monster :D full respect to that vehicle

Like the Homo mode :hehe: like 1.5 bar would be considered 'homo' in a normal turbo. But 5 bar, jesus :blink: how the hell is any motor strong enough for that :duh:

UhOh!!

The Monster lives!!! :o :ph34r:

AWSOME!!! :blush::whistling:

But you are sure 5bar of boost?? :huh:

I don't know any Supra which could boost that.... the stronger Supras come with 33PSI (~2bar) and that is killing much boost. :ph34r:

But: MOST CONGRATS FROM A TURBO FREAK!!! :winky:

UhOh!!

The Monster lives!!! :o  :ph34r:

AWSOME!!! :blush:  :whistling:

But you are sure 5bar of boost??  :huh:

I don't know any Supra which could boost that.... the stronger Supras come with 33PSI (~2bar) and that is killing much boost. :ph34r:

But: MOST CONGRATS FROM A TURBO FREAK!!! :winky:

I know mate this is what i thought even the big rc developments evo is only something like 2 bar

but i asked mat my self saturday and that was the reply on setting A low boost 1.5 BAR B) and on high boost mat said 5 BAR must be crazy that is never going to drive in a straight line

I know mate this is what i thought even the big rc developments evo is only something like 2 bar

but i asked mat my self saturday and that was the reply on setting A low boost 1.5 BAR B)  and on high boost mat said 5 BAR must be crazy that is never going to drive in a straight line

Yes.... they can tell what they want, but I won't believe. ;)

5bar.... *hicks* The highest boost which can be shown on a boost gauge is 2.5bar and that is an a**load of air.

And I don't think that the Monster would punch the doubled load of boost in its engine.

800HP Supras are bossted between 25 and 33PSI so those are 1.5-2bar.... ;)

There must be a failure in the sensor or maybe he did a mistake during writing.... or something.... :yawn:

Well, to be  honest ..... I'm clueless about Turbo's ..... however I'm sure Mark said it was now on 5 bar boost ........  :unsure:

NO! thumbdown.gif

I think there are always too high numbers eh?!? :huh:

First off the torque which was like that of a Battle Tank, and now a number of boost, where I don't know if they are talking about water pipes or something.... :duh:

The pressure in the tires is about 2-3bar and that's a lot..... so what do you think about blowing 5 bars into an engine..... :ph34r:

I think there is a misunderstanding or such. ;)

Maybe they told ya the max. reading of the boost controller or anything.... and you confused it or something..... :unsure:

Oooh Oooh can i have a go.........i've driven a plymouth roadrunner (on private ground) 475 bhp at the wheels but it 35 yr old yank technology....how can i get a ride in the MONSTER! :D :D :D

Driver,  steers back into the Industrial Est. ............ I look over, the petrol gauge was empty, and the petrol light was flashing !!!!!!!!

Sounds like the RX-8 fuel economy in normal day to day driving :lol:

Although since I went on the Prodrive Mazda day advanced driving course I get much better economy. Spooky eh. Turns out I was changing gear to often and in too high a gear much of the time.

Monster car sounds like fun, not sure if I can handle the power though.

Is 'Homo' mode similar to 'Snow setting'? Is that a factory fit or optional extra? :winky: :D

Is 'Homo' mode similar to 'Snow setting'? Is that a factory fit or optional extra?  :winky:  :D

The only thing standard on that car ...... is the wing mirrors :lol:

Oooh Oooh can i have a go.........i've driven a plymouth roadrunner (on private ground) 475 bhp at the wheels but it 35 yr old yank technology....how can i get a ride in the MONSTER! ?? please tell :)

i have been told this story in person, you realy have to understand the amazament on scarface's face when he describes it!

almost like a near death experience!

i have been told this story in person, you realy have to understand the amazament on scarface's face when he describes it!

almost like a near death experience!

the story is far better when told by mat

especially when mr scarface is standing next to him :lol::lol:

ive heard that he has nearly stopped shaking now !!

sounds like you've been out with a colleague mate, just testing the car of course!

i like the vid from germany, at the end aido says quality mate. classic.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links