Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2004 Spec Front Light Clusters

aido

Well these were fitted last night by Zee, Mike and Mark, all I did was pollute the atmosphere :o

Zee's about to get it:

gallery_4385_177_14594.jpg

Zee putting the bolts in:

gallery_4385_177_80693.jpg

Before and after shot - 2004 spec on the left, pre-2004 spec on the right:

gallery_4385_177_61610.jpg

Zee doing something - Mike looking like he needs a dump:

gallery_4385_177_73253.jpg

Closeup of the 2004 Spec cluster:

gallery_4385_177_74940.jpg

Closeup of the pre-2004 spec cluster:

gallery_4385_177_37661.jpg

Thanks Mark for all the pics :D

I think the 2004 spec stuff looks pretty good, haven't been able to look in the day due to the crap weather though :lol:

Hope this makes things a bit clearer for anyone thinking of going for the newer ones?

Thanks fellas :D

er.......... must be because of the weather but I can't tell the difference! :blush:

Are these 2004 clusters optimised for HID lights then mate?

I remember you mentioning somewhere that the older ones are not really optimised for HIDs so the light is not as bright as it could be. :question:

Without jacking up the car, removing the wheel and forward part of the wheel arch liner this job is not easy!

Then you have to fiddle around inside with a 10mm socket!

The first side took about 40mins, once we'd sussed it the other side took about 20mins.

Didn't help that we were working in the dark :blink::whistling:

The lights made a big difference to the front of Aido's car, very nice mate!

er.......... must be because of the weather but I can't tell the difference! :blush:

Are these 2004 clusters optimised for HID lights then mate?

I remember you mentioning somewhere that the older ones are not really optimised for HIDs so the light is not as bright as it could be. :question:

Look at this one again bud:

gallery_4385_177_61610.jpg - you can tell the difference on that one!

None of the IS clusters apart from the HID one's are optimised for HID's mate - these are designed for standard bulbs...

If they've got the stripe they're not designed with HIDs in mind :D

Thanks Mike, they do look nice :D They wouldn't be on there if it wasn't for you boys!

You could get similar one's for yours for the IS300 mate, change yours around a bit ;)

I gave myself a massive shock on the way home last night, tried replugging in the HID without turning it off and all you could hear was buzzzzzzzzzzzz and my skin frying, felt well out of it today, reckon that bird in Scruffies slipped me something - told you she wanted it :lol:

Yeah, I reckon she'd look pretty scary fitted with these lights and the angel/demon eye kit!

Thinking of sending the chrome one's off to get those fitted along with painted GGP then flog these gold one's - would be ace :D

Yeah....more obvious in that picture. Just dark. Have you noticed your HID's are any brighter through these clusters?

:offtopic: Impressed with the fact you hardly seem to have any stone chips!  :D

Light output is exactly the same as before.

Well actually I do get a little more light output because these new clusters are clean :lol:

That whole front bumper needs respraying, going to get Lexus to take a look as it was painted 11 months ago and half the lacquer has come off now, it just hangs there when you're washing the car, looks shocking :o

Rear clusters & foggies are simple:

Clusters: release boot lid, prise off 2 small plastic screw covers, remove screws, lift cluster up & towards you. Replacement is a simple reversal.

Fogs: release boot lid, remove the boot lid liner to access the fogs, remove the 2 x 10mm bolts, unscrew the bulb holder, remove fog light. Replacement is a simple reversal.

think he meant front fogs. best way to do these is to take front bumber off. undo all screw underneath the front, then peel back each wheel arch liner and they'll be one screww on each side holding the bumper on, undo these then the bumper should just pull off

I think the whole process would have taken much less time if we didn't have to periodically get help from North Sea Oil to burn off the noxious vapours coming from aido's arse ! :P

They made the whole front end of the car look completely different, the poor light didn't help with the photos - i could have put the camera on a longer exposure to get more natural light in but i can't hold it that steady and didn't have my tripod :blush:

Aido - clean your car - it's skanky !

:offtopic: But i really have the urge for some forced induction now :shifty:

Zee's the man, he did most of the fiddly stuff.

:huh: Mike had you been drinking when you posted that.... :lol::lol:

No seriously, changing the headlights is a damn fiddly job...and Zee even dressed up for the occassion!! :P

Aido...I seriously hope thats dirt on your bumper...because if they are stone chips.... :o :o

Definitely a worthy mod though...while the black JDM headlights on my black IS look the business....I think that the 2004 jobbies you've fitted really suit the granite sky!!

Nice one matey!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links