Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Was A Lexus Owner :-(

who can guess how I did it?

This is the wall that I put my Lexus IS200 sport navigator through 4 weeks ago

1.jpg

This is the car on the back of the recovery truck at 4am in the morning finally after the police allowed them to remove it.

2.jpg

This is 3 weeks on from the crash after the insurance company told me they were writting her off.

3.jpg

The car may only look like like a light end smash but there is damage to the Chassis, Axle, suspension and when you look under the bonnet the radiator and fan are all pushed into the front of the engine (the belt). I also damaged the one tyre that was on the floor as I did everything to get the car out the wall before the police came.

... and heres the Courtesy car i managed to talk the hire company into giving me

4.jpg

It was alright, I dont think mercedes C Class are as good as the Lexus!! But not bad since it was a new one that i took on dirt tracks before taking it back. hehe ;-)

And here is the pile of crap that I drive now thats slow and has a very outdated interior with a stiff throttle. Its a 2002 316i SE - its not the exact one cos i havent taken a pic of mine but its the same looks and mine is black.

W354127.jpg

It looks nice on the outside and the women know the BMW badge but apart from that its a rubbish car and LEXUS club ill be back!!!

Oh jus to let you all know I grabbed some stuff outta the car which some of you may want. I have a Full IS200 Toolkit, CD Sat Nav computer with the CD in from the boot, Allow centre Caps, Side repeaters, A Spair wheel screw holder and some lexus offical car mats. Let me know if you want any of it. maybe you got some of that stuff missing from yours?

How the hell did you manage that? :o

Well lets say I have a friend that into Supra's, EVO's and he taught me a couple of tricks you can do in rear wheel drive cars and I became addicted to it.

At least your still in one piece mate :excl:

How the hell did you manage that? :o

Well lets say I have a friend that into Supra's, EVO's and he taught me a couple of tricks you can do in rear wheel drive cars and I became addicted to it. Since its happened im to scared to ever attempt it again.

Feel for you mate :duh: where did you hit the wall, was it near you :question:

You feel for me because I now have to drive that damn BMW. First BMW and my last i think. hehe unless i ever came into M3 money.

It happened on a friday night at 2am, police turned up by accident since there was a shooting on the next road - some chav's having a domestic that got outta hand so I was out until 5am.

It didnt hit me until i was sat in the pub the following day, completely gutted thinking "if only i..."

Thats hard luck mate......

what were you doing?... "power slides"... what did you tell the cops....?

That he wasnt power sliding lol!

Next time find an empty car park or hit macdonalds at midnight.

Oh jus to let you all know I grabbed some stuff outta the car which some of you may want. I have a Full IS200 Toolkit, CD Sat Nav computer with the CD in from the boot, Allow centre Caps, Side repeaters, A Spair wheel screw holder and some lexus offical car mats. Let me know if you want any of it. maybe you got some of that stuff missing from yours?

Hi I might be interested in the set of car mats, if they are GC and black, what else would I need to put the sat nav in to a none sat nav car, seen a screen and housing on e bay reasonable priced so far? PM me with price and P+P on the mats please... Oh and commiserations on your loss...

Thats hard luck mate......

what were you doing?... "power slides"... what did you tell the cops....?

the police were really arsy with me. Being only 19 they were testing me as though id stolen the car or borrrowed it from my mum or dad. erased...

Being 19 Me thinks your insurance premium willl go through the roof on your next renewal date must be expensive enough now i'd start saving mate, are you going for another Lexus :question:

Good Luck

G

so lets get this right - u were being a prat on the public road doing far more than 30 - lost it, smashed into a wall and then tried to get the car out before anyone called the cops, and then made a story up before they arrived anyway

dont see why people feel sorry for you to be honest

No wonder the cops were arsy with you - plainly obvious what you were doing.

anyone that drives like an idiot on a public road doing slides etc etc deserves what they get if they smash the car up.

next time do it in a private area designed for that - and i dont mean in a car park.

insurance pretty expensive to begin with.... insurance next year is a possible refusal or not affordable anymore so i loose the car anyway.

looks like the sensible "metro drivers" have been on and made a few comments. regarding your comment I am still kicking myself about it and I am beginning to pay for it already as the insurance company refuses me no end of cars since it got wrote off and insurance quotes for me have come up as £2500-£4500

Bit silly admitting on a public forum what you were doing whrn you have pictures of the car, your location and even the location of the crash :(

agreed - and hopefully your insurer is not watching.... :tomato: could have been my kids in that front drive...

It's one of the reasons why we all pay through the nose...

And here is my IS200 on monday afternoon.

08-05-06_1234.jpg

08-05-06_1235.jpg

08-05-06_1236.jpg

Lost it on an adverse camber at no greater than 35mph. I'd had the car less than a month and the insurance for that car only 5 days.

Im sure an IS200 should be better than that. Is it normal for the IS to be so easy to spin, even when Im just taking wife and child to Ikea. Not racing, not doing anything daft, just going round a roundabout and accelerating out of the junction.

I felt there there was something not right with the car and had it checked by Lexus. They stated that with uneven wear on the front wheels it was likely a geometry problem.

Suppose I just have to be happy that we all got out OK (me with sore feet, wife with bruises on her legs and a chipped tooth from bits of the dash flying out, and nothing but a bit of a fright for my three year old safely strapped in the back). But somebody tell me that not all IS200's are like that (losing grip on all four wheels just because its raining), because I want to replace it with another IS once the insurance and Gap comes through.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links