Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

No mention of Cam belt being done other than that it looks good. Went through once before and only got up to £2050 so didn't reach the reserve. Only way to really find out is to go and see it. Mike.

I am unable to find the item on e Bay. Do you have a link?

This one I imagine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-LEXUS-LS430-AUTO-SILVER-/271870081271?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4cb838f7

If I was looking I'd consider this. I think the price is OK if the condition is as good as they say it is.

No mention of Cam belt being done other than that it looks good. Went through once before and only got up to £2050 so didn't reach the reserve. Only way to really find out is to go and see it. Mike.

Cam belt done at 104K apparently, nice looking car.

If you put your suspension in hi mode should you be able to see car rise? If it's been converted to coils ect could the suspension pump still be active?

The rise is only very small, I think that people imagine that the car goes up by a bout 6" when it's only about 1" at the most. If I switch mine to high (which I do occasionally just to keep parts moving) The back seems to go up first, followed by the front. If you were a passenger and you weren't told, you probably wouldn't notice.

I asked the seller of the one in Wales about the cam belt. I also asked if there's been any work done on the suspension, but he's not aware of any. I think if one has been converted the pump etc would be disconnected. If this one really is as good as it seems, it would be a good one for maybe fitting coil springs in due course.

I was looking at a US Lexus forum last week, one guy has done 240K in his LS430 without any issues!

Well well well, was on my way to look at this one, sent a few messages regarding things if working or not, door speakers not working sub not working ect. Why not mention these things what else are you going to find????? This car is advertised as prestine, the deeper you dig into it it's far from prestine.

Well well well, was on my way to look at this one, sent a few messages regarding things if working or not, door speakers not working sub not working ect. Why not mention these things what else are you going to find????? This car is advertised as prestine, the deeper you dig into it it's far from prestine.

I may be wrong but it looks as if one of the back windows is starting to de- laminate as well. Best left well alone then. If you're seriously looking one will come along, they seem to be reasonably plentiful. What's wrong with your current car then?

i think what chris meant was on the early ls430s due to the design of the gearbox/cooler they are prone to gearbox/rad failures due to water ingress into the gearbox.

im LED to believe this is not the case with the facelift ones

i think what chris meant was on the early ls430s due to the design of the gearbox/cooler they are prone to gearbox/rad failures due to water ingress into the gearbox.

im led to believe this is not the case with the facelift ones

Or you could put a separate cooler on like I did. Actually, it would be just as easy to replace the radiator, they're not that expensive.

What about the suspension issues, do they still apply to the face-lift model?

Yes, known faults should be listed...

• 2 weeks later...

On reading about this gem, I started thinking I should throw my coil sprung 430 away as I don't have sheaves of paper telling me what all the new parts (& labour) cost the previous owners.

Then, after reading that :"Everything seems to be working fine" (I bet it has a shiny tool kit too...more envy at this end), I reached the crunch moment:"There is however, a problem with the rear shock absorbers which are not working at present,"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS430-2-Private-Owners-Masses-of-Service-History-156-000-miles-/371339158766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item567589e4ee

I'm tempted to ask if they will break it as I'd like to fix my headlight washers, & I have a missing front sensor too.

I wonder if they knew, or perhaps someone, bored with years of trading, didn't bother to drive it before giving a p/x price

Made £2301. Add on £700 for a diy coilover conversion to fix its problems, & you end up with a sorted 2004 with a good history owing you £3,000. Probably not a bad deal after all?

I've enquired about "this will go on forever" as I was interested, but not anymore. There is absolutely no service history with the car, the person even said it's never been serviced, cambelt hasn't been replaced, no book pack.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links