Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Are There Any Female 300H Owners Out There?

There are occasional mentions in this Forum of wives driving a 300h, and, perhaps

wrongly, I imagine that in many cases they are permitted to do so only by courtesy

of their somewhat unenthusiastic husbands or when circumstances might require

it, which usually means as little as possible.

Since LOC Forums are gender-anonymous, there is no real way of knowing whether

a post was written by a woman, but even so, it has never once crossed my mind

that any could have been.

Surely there must be ladies out there, married or single, who, for good and sound

reasons, have bought a 300h or had it bought for them, it matters not, and are

perfectly capable of forming and airing their opinions.

But if so, why don't they?

My wife would never drive my IS250, she said it was too big but, she always drove the VW Passat that we had.

Some of you may recall my threads from earlier last year where I was seriously thinking about buying a CT because my cousin had bought one and, his wife just loved driving it. She had told my wife how much she enjoyed it and that got me very close to making the change but then, I had my head turned by the IS300h and now she won't drive that.............................thankfully!!!

Don't tell her I said that eh!

My wife is currently looking at used IS300h F-Sport's to buy and change her Merc. Budget between £25-27k so it'll be either a 14 or 63 plate. Just need the time to go and look at some now

My wife is currently looking at used IS300h F-Sport's to buy and change her Merc. Budget between £25-27k so it'll be either a 14 or 63 plate. Just need the time to go and look at some now

13 plate, July 2013 luxury with leather, sat nav and only 8000 miles? Will this do her?

13 plate, July 2013 luxury with leather, sat nav and only 8000 miles? Will this do her?

Shes specifically looking for an F-Sport (white or blue with red interior) - Shes leaning more towards blue but its proving hard to find a used car in this combination for the budget so it looks like it may be white. Just waiting to see if one will pop up around July time when 2 year leases end or if we go to view a white/red one and its in good nick then we'll probably grab it.

My wife officially owns our IS300H and it's her daily car, she loves it. I wanted her to buy a V6 supercharged Jaguar XF, she told me where to go....More recently I tried to persuade her to think about what swapping the IS300H for a Tesla, again she told me where to go :msn-oh:

She also think car forums are a waste of time, apple products are a rip-off, was able to proof read my 40,000 word doctorate thesis in one sitting and stick wires into peoples hearts whilst they are having a heart attack on a daily basis. So she's generally far more intelligent and sensible than me, and in her view the IS300H is fab, she cannot see any reason for her to change cars for a long time yet :D

• Like 2

There are occasional mentions in this Forum of wives driving a 300h, and, perhaps

wrongly, I imagine that in many cases they are permitted to do so only by courtesy

Surely there must be ladies out there, married or single, who, for good and sound

That's possibly the most chauvinistic post I've ever seen... But to kind of answer your question, I've changed three IS300h windscreens, and two of those were owned by women.

• Like 2

That's possibly the most chauvinistic post I've ever seen... But to kind of answer your question, I've changed three IS300h windscreens, and two of those were owned by women.

Strange. I thought I'd chosen my words sufficiently well not to appear chauvinistic, my intention having been to encourage

any lady 300h owners, whom I suspect are few and far between, to post their thoughts and comments. Replies so far have not shed

much light on what remains something of a gender-specific mystery, although some food for thought is provided by the reported

existence of at least one wife of independent mind and high intelligence who believes that car forums are a waste of time.

I think somewhere in the world a group of women are probably asking the question 'Does your husband waste time on car forums like mine?? They already have the car, but still waste time trying to justify their purchases to other people' :whistling:

• Like 1

LOL, glad it wasn't just me. My wife loves mine btw.

Where would Bruce Jenner fit into this topic if he drove a Lexus IS300h ??

Depends on if OP is referring to s*x or gender - both different things

The author of the OP was and remains completely indifferent to any biologically- or behaviourally-based

distinctions individual readers may or may not make or semantically or terminologically prefer.

The author of the OP was and remains completely indifferent to any biologically- or behaviourally-based

distinctions individual readers may or may not make or semantically or terminologically prefer.

Translation please for us less educated people.!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a is300h f sport in April purely for the Mrs .. She chose the spec and colour white. I've only driven it once. I stick to my disco, but I do like the Lexus

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links