Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Love My Is But Time To Move To Gs

I bought my IS300h Luxury new in March 2014 and it's a great car despite the lack of electric toys. I'm trading her in for a Lexus Centre used '64' plate GS F Sport - the 300h version :( It's a great car with all the toys including photo chromatic door mirror glass, auto high beam, BSM, etc. Despite it being an F Sport I think it's a small change over the standard car. I personally think the IS F Sport is more of a stand out car over the standard and, dare I say it, better looking than the GS in some angles?

It's black inside and out. Wheels have been powder coated black too and the external chrome wrapped in black. Definitely stands out and I'm sure it'll be a marmite car. Can't wait to get it but I'll miss the IS's handling.

• Like 1

Totally agree, Colin. The 450h still appears to command decent bucks if you want a nearly new one - assuming you can find one. I didn't really want anything older than 12 months.

Indeed. There is almost £10k difference between the list price of the 300h and 450h F Sports, difficult to justify spending so much additional money.

GS300 is very nice though, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Indeed. There is almost £10k difference between the list price of the 300h and 450h F Sports, difficult to justify spending so much additional money.

GS300 is very nice though, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Except dealers are giving close to £8k discounts off new bringing the price pretty close to a 300h. I think the current going on the GS300h is £3k new

I traded my GS 450h plus my 2008 for last version GS 300h with all optionals, and even if I miss the 3.5 v6 power I find the new GS wonderful and better; you will not miss handling of IS and appreciate all the rest.

I traded my GS 450h plus my 2008 for last version GS 300h with all optionals, and even if I miss the 3.5 v6 power I find the new GS wonderful and better; you will not miss handling of IS and appreciate all the rest.

The current gen GS is a massive improvement over the previous generation but the non 450h F Sport doesn't handle as well as the current gen IS F Sport. Its a very different car though, more relaxed.

The difference between 300 and 450 Fsport is in rear wheels steering ( besides engines of course) and variable steer ratio, but in 300 the adaptive suspensions are the same. I tried IS but still I find GS more comfortable and with wonderful handling.

My F-Sport is the best handling Lexus I have had including my ISF which had wonderful brembo brakes & a gorgeous V8 that I only used on a one-off trip to Italy.I personally think the IS F-Sport is the best looker in the medium saloon class & in the current Lexus Range.

Tel

It's black inside and out. Wheels have been powder coated black too and the external chrome wrapped in black.

Sounds like Disaster Area's Stunt Ship.

You've lost me but it doesn't sound complimentary. The car looks better in the flesh to how I've described it. :)

It was a ship of classic, simple design, like a flattened salmon, twenty yards long, very clean, very sleek. There was just one remarkable thing about it.

"It's so ... black!" said Ford Prefect, "you can hardly make out its shape ... light just seems to fall into it!"

Zaphod said nothing. He had simply fallen in love.

The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.

"Your eyes just slide off it ..." said Ford in wonder. It was an emotional moment. He bit his lip.

Zaphod moved forward to it, slowly, like a man possessed - or more accurately like a man who wanted to possess. His hand reached out to stroke it. His hand stopped. His hand reached out to stroke it again. His hand stopped again.

"Come and feel the surface," he said in a hushed voice.

Ford put his hand out to feel it. His hand stopped.

"You ... you can't ..." he said.

"See?" said Zaphod, "it's just totally frictionless. This must be one mother of a mover ..."

"Look at this," said Ford, "look at the interior of this ship."

"Weirder and weirder," breathed Zaphod.

"It's black," said Ford, "Everything in it is just totally black ..."

• Like 1

Oh boy Peter, that does look good!! Take great care of those wheels and when you're not driving it, you'll be cleaning it :lol:

Blacker than a black thing that's black!

Looks great, enjoy. I'm off to buy shares in car cleaning product companies, I suspect you'll be forever washing it, lol!

I hope to pick up my Velvet balck GS 300h F Sport with red leathe interior in a couple of weeks time.Any advise on polish etc as i know Black is not the easiest of colours to keep looking pristine.

I hope to pick up my Velvet balck GS 300h F Sport with red leathe interior in a couple of weeks time.Any advise on polish etc as i know Black is not the easiest of colours to keep looking pristine.

Meguiars 205 or Sonus Perfect Finish with a DAS6 on a finishing or polishing pad. Then stick a coat of wax/sealant on.

Thank you Rayaan for the advise.Not sure If I am brave enough to use a DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher though.

No need to be worried - the sonus one is quite good in that it finishes down very well. You can use a Finishing pad to max out the gloss and a polishing pad to get rid of swirls if need be.

Most of the time, I just end up using a Finishing pad and Megs 205 as it seems to remove the small swirls without being OTT and buffs the gloss up too. I wash the car myself so it never really gets too bad - just a quick finishing pad and polish once a year is fine for me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links