Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Have You Done To Your Car Today ?

Took my LS 400 out for an evening drive (40 miles). Did not go fast, just cruised steadily and enjoyed the smooth ride and quiet V8. I had forgotten how enjoyable these cars are to drive. I did wonder if my previous Mk3 LS 400, was as good as I had remembered - the Mk4 is wonderful. I still can't believe how refined the car is, even at 17 years of age.

• 3 weeks later...

John,

Good news........and interesting. Do you know is it possible to programme DRL's (daytime running lights) on your 450h? I understand the USA GS450h came with so I was idly wondering whether it might be a techstream setting to turn off/on?

Back on topic..............today I took out the SC with the roof down under a gorgeous summer hot sun. Getting it fettled for our 3000 mile euro road trip[ in September. Cannot wait..

John,

Good news........and interesting. Do you know is it possible to programme DRL's (daytime running lights) on your 450h? I understand the USA GS450h came with so I was idly wondering whether it might be a techstream setting to turn off/on?

I don't know Michael, the software only arrived yesterday and I loaded it on an old laptop. After the heath check, I tried to program a new key but the Battery went flat. I've ordered a new Battery so I'll play some more when it arrives.

Just for the record here's the software I bought. Easy install and works fine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321683705199?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Gave mine a good clean, polish and wax this morning. Thought I'd get a nice photo to post up here so shot the beach........

bcaf5f4e6cf73bfc75a1ec6a29e652f6.jpg

I'm new to rwd and didn't realise how easy it would get stuck!! My Focus would have flew through there lol

The culprit........

d83222b4f1d6fc641ca8f450dcef11a4.jpg

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I'm going to shout this, as I'm so delighted.........

I PICKED IT UP FROM THE DEALER!!!!!!!

Drove it approx. 90 miles back home, and thoroughly enjoyed the smooth ride, but as others have said on here, the Satnav/radio workings are not user-friendly!

Malcolm

• 1 month later...

Used this site to find out how to change my Bonnet Struts. Excellent advice found under the red heading.

Bought from Metrol Springs - total cost £38 for the pair.

Old and new shown.

post-20722-0-63430400-1444586925_thumb.j

Added an extra nut to gain more purchase for tightening.

post-20722-0-16865000-1444587073_thumb.j

Very straightforward swap on my Mk IV LS 400 - used a piece of wood to stop the bonnet from falling on my head!

Thanks to all who contributed.

Gave mine a good clean, polish and wax this morning. Thought I'd get a nice photo to post up here so shot the beach........

bcaf5f4e6cf73bfc75a1ec6a29e652f6.jpg

I'm new to rwd and didn't realise how easy it would get stuck!! My Focus would have flew through there lol

The culprit........

d83222b4f1d6fc641ca8f450dcef11a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you get it out Marko369?

Oh & thanks for trying to help me out Re alloys, appreciate that the forum will not let non gold members sell anything via forum.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

John,

Finally got around to checking this. There's no provision for DRL in the software, however I did adjust the Auto Headlamp function to come on sooner (when lighter)

Took my LS400 from Hampshire up to Knebworth House to Studio Glass Fair. She got a fair few number of looks and one guy who I couldn't get rid of, well that's the penalty for having such a rare car. 150 miles of autumn sunshine. Saw an LS430 around St Albans. Mike.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links