Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

http://motors.friday-ad.co.uk/sutton/used-cars-for-sale/lexus-ls/lexus-ls430-auto-YI5208626

2005. 45,000. £3200.

Knicker elastic due on age; & I don't like old low mileage cars, especially with timing belts because if unused in winter, all the metals bits that rub on the belt get pickled & shred the belt.

... but that is still a cheap car, isn't it?

A strange one this. Sutton is only an hour from me so I phoned the number on the add and got their voice mail. I left a message and about 5 minutes later a guy called me back (from a different number) saying he hadn't got a car for sale, and that he doesn't even own a car. He also said someone else phoned last week about a car.

So I emailed using the contact details and it just locked my computer up! Who knows what's going on here.

This is the reply, sound dodgy?

Hello,
I was away to my mother in law and I just got to a pc and saw your
email.
This car has a full service history and all documentation is present
and in my name. It has been stored in undercover storage from new so the
exterior is perfect very low miles. The final price is not negotiable: £3200.
My husband died 2 months ago and I was left with it but I don`t even have a
drivers license. I had a buyer just 1 week ago but that person scarred me a lot.
He came with 2 friends and wanted to pay me with fake notes. I was lucky that my
father in law was close and he noticed that. Since I'm getting a lot of messages
regarding the sale and I decided to list it on eBay with a buy it now option and
whoever wins it will be the next owner. I assume you already have an account
with eBay. If not please register and let me know when you are ready so I can
just email you the link.
If you'd like to secure the deal before anybody else
does, then please buy it on eBay. Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll check
my email regularly. I hope to hear back from you soon. Have a good day.

And now this, no longer in Sutton!

Hello,
After my last experience I'm not welcome visits any more, sorry. The
best way to complete this transaction, because of the distance problem (I'm in
Peterhead, Scotland, the car is also here with me), is to use eBay Money Back
Guarantee. They will handle everything for both of us, including transportation
and transfer of the car papers to your name. You don't have to pay anything
extra, the total price that you must pay for this car is £3,200, including
transportation and transfer of the papers to your name. Here is how the
transaction will go on:
-I will make a private eBay listing for you.
-You
will have to click "buy it now", fill in the forms and follow the instructions.

-eBay will send you an invoice with all the transaction details and the
payment instructions.
-You will have to secure the funds to eBay.
-After
the funds will be secured to eBay, the delivery will begin and the car will
arrive to you in max. 48 hours.
-When the car will be in your custody, you
will have a 3 days inspection period. If everything is alright, the transaction
ends and eBay will release the money to me. If there is something wrong with the
car, you will be fully refunded and I'll get my car back too, without any extra
fees.
Everything is covered by eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm
that you received it. I would need your eBay username so I can send you the
link. I'm waiting for your reply.
Thank you.

........... has Lexuschap got some mates then !!! ................. seriously, if I was thinking of buying a 430 ( which is about as likely as finding hens teeth ) it doesn't sound a bad buy provided one can get to view and test drive the thing beforehand !

But is that going to be likely ......... p'raps not but until someone tries you never know.

Malc

• Like 1

I think it sounds very dodgy. The waiting for your reply bit especially. Why would someone with an eBay account, who can look at the values try to sell this so cheaply. And is it right that eBay arrange transportation and return if the buyer isn't happy?

Guys do NOT REPLY BACK TO THESE GUYS. They are the biggest hackers on the internet! I buy and sell cars and always get texts like this, they will pay through paypal, western union or some other payment method. These are all scammers and will take your money, The car does NOT exist, they will not use a telephone number (as you can see he put someone elses number, fake number) and will never let you view the car. My first time selling someone did this to me and said he is abroad and is with the navy, bla bla bla and that he cant see the car because he's always at sea but somehow has internet connection in the middle of the ocean and says he can send me money and says he will arrange a transporter to pick up car. They have so many excuses just dont reply because 1 idiot hacked my email account after I told him to **** off !!! Dont respond to email, never ever.

• Like 2

Guys do NOT REPLY BACK TO THESE GUYS. They are the biggest hackers on the internet! I buy and sell cars and always get texts like this, they will pay through paypal, western union or some other payment method. These are all scammers and will take your money, The car does NOT exist, they will not use a telephone number (as you can see he put someone elses number, fake number) and will never let you view the car. My first time selling someone did this to me and said he is abroad and is with the navy, bla bla bla and that he cant see the car because he's always at sea but somehow has internet connection in the middle of the ocean and says he can send me money and says he will arrange a transporter to pick up car. They have so many excuses just dont reply because 1 idiot hacked my email account after I told him to ****** off !!! Dont respond to email, never ever.

It felt wrong right from the start, should be reported to the police really.

I learnt to drive with the NSU Prinz!

Did you ever have the chance to drive a 1000, or 1200 TT?

NSU were light years ahead of the mediocre outfit that took over the remains after the Ro80 debacle killed the company.

http://www.pistonheads.com/GASSING/topic.asp?h=0&f=140&t=509603&mid=0&nmt=NSU+TT%3A+they+rock!

& people worship VWs???? Ignorance reigns :(

Guys do NOT REPLY BACK TO THESE GUYS. They are the biggest hackers on the internet! I buy and sell cars and always get texts like this, they will pay through paypal, western union or some other payment method. These are all scammers and will take your money, The car does NOT exist, they will not use a telephone number (as you can see he put someone elses number, fake number) and will never let you view the car. My first time selling someone did this to me and said he is abroad and is with the navy, bla bla bla and that he cant see the car because he's always at sea but somehow has internet connection in the middle of the ocean and says he can send me money and says he will arrange a transporter to pick up car. They have so many excuses just dont reply because 1 idiot hacked my email account after I told him to ****** off !!! Dont respond to email, never ever.

It felt wrong right from the start, should be reported to the police really.

My apologies Phil.

I tried to contact a Mercedes exporter last week only to find islamic state had 'interfered' with the site!

Fleabay don't seem to act that fast on those listings where a seller appears from nowhere with large premises & has for sale cars; motorhomes; motorbikes; & boats, all at attractive prices.

Ro%2080%20Watch%20001_zpspzxmh7ga.jpg

Spacewagon I was an active member of the NSU Ro80 Club for over 30 years. Smoothest quietest comfyiest car I had, (I could go on and on), until I bought my 1st LS400. Without the NSU K70 there possibly wouldn't be a Polo or Golf

Around the time when the K & Ro appeared, VW were still expermenting with fast-acting crosswind sensing electronics on the steering of their rear-engined horrors, to try to stop them swapping M-way lanes. Talk about blind alley 'engineering'.

If ever a company didn't deserve to survive.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/other-cars/1970-nsu-ro80/1121722032

My experience of the NSU Prinz was very fleeting. It was for sale with no MOT for £15 (1971?). My father bought it for me (aged 15) to learn to drive on some waste ground. It served its purpose but it was not a car I fell in love with. Selecting the gears was like stirring porridge! I will try and find a photo of it. Just wonder how much it would be worth now?

In the past have considered a Mazda RX8 but read horror stories about cars that have only been used for short journeys.

Have you heard anything about the engine?

My experience of the NSU Prinz was very fleeting. It was for sale with no MOT for £15 (1971?). My father bought it for me (aged 15) to learn to drive on some waste ground. It served its purpose but it was not a car I fell in love with. Selecting the gears was like stirring porridge! I will try and find a photo of it. Just wonder how much it would be worth now?

In the past have considered a Mazda RX8 but read horror stories about cars that have only been used for short journeys.

I think we are now drifting way off topic here but hey, apparently the RX8 engines have ceramic tipped rotors which wear quite rapidly so causing low compression and therefore poor/non starting issues.

As for the original topic smells like a scam to me.

I think we are now drifting way off topic here but hey, apparently the RX8 engines have ceramic tipped rotors which wear quite rapidly so causing low compression and therefore poor/non starting issues.

As for the original topic smells like a scam to me.

Interesting that they were very keen to sell me this "absolute bargain" but completely ignored me when I requested a photo of the mileage and last service record! Also the seller/scammer said the ad was placed by a friend on multiple sites which is why it was advertised as being in Sutton, then turning out to be in Scotland. I've just checked my birth certificate and apparently I'm not one day old!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links