Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Small Bins / Ashtray

When I was last in the dealership I ordered two of the Lexus small bins / ashtrays. 6 months later they called to say they had them for me!! I picked them up today. Not sure if they were difficult to obtain or they just forgot to call me.

I am happy with them. They fit neatly in the center console and the passenger can use them as armrest. Are they worth £80 for the pair erm not really but as long as the wife doesn't find out I don't care!!

Cup%20Bins%203_zpsfalolucm.jpg

Ed :flowers:

I got a BOGOF but have taken the front one out. My dear wife uses the back one for her elbow/arm. Do not like the look, was hoping they would be flush with the centre consol. I have considered cutting one up but have so far resisted messing it up. Why are the Japanese obsessed with cup holders?

Flush-fitting cups without the embossed lit-ciggy symbol would certainly look better, though personally

I would prefer not to pay £80 and keep the two empty holes. If you really want, you can fill the holes

with your own choice of some very nice designer travel mugs at maybe half the price or less.

Flush-fitting cups without the embossed lit-ciggy symbol would certainly look better, though personally

I would prefer not to pay £80 and keep the two empty holes. If you really want, you can fill the holes

with your own choice of some very nice designer travel mugs at maybe half the price or less.

I agree to a point but cost aside I prefer the look with them fitted. I use one for change and the other for receipts etc They also make an arm rest for the passenger. I unfortunately paid Lexus price for Toyota parts which are less than half!!

Ed :flowers:

Thanks for the reply and links, great idea that.

I found these ashtrays/bins too, not quite as smart as the OEM ones but only £5.09 for 2. so might get some just to see what they are like. Would only use them for storage. No smoking allowed :-)

I found these ashtrays/bins too, not quite as smart as the OEM ones but

only £5.09 for 2. so might get some just to see what they are like.

Would only use them for storage. No smoking allowed :-)

Post the link!!

Lexus ones are available for less than Lexus prices. Had I known the part number I would have paid Toyota price!!

google 74102-02140

The Lexus OE do fit the holder fairly tight. generic ones I suspect will be a bit loose. You pays yer money.......etc

I am not sold on mud flaps on any car kind of ruins the lines..... anyone fitted a set?

Very true, but in this case the Lexus price is pretty steep, £80 vs £5 :-)

Toyota price is £25 each though, I was ripped off by Lexus. Had I known the part number beforehand, funny how the Lexus chap didn't mention it!!

Ed :innocent:

Still, £50 makes me wince as I am a tight yorkshireman

If you were really tight you would drive an Aygo which incidentally use the same part as the Lexus!! I winced when I bought my Fsport when a similar age Insignia Sri was over 10k cheaper but dont regret it now :flowers:

The Lexus OE do fit the holder fairly tight. generic ones I suspect will be a bit loose. You pays yer money.......etc

I am not sold on mud flaps on any car kind of ruins the lines..... anyone fitted a set?

Defo agree. Hate mud flaps with a passion. Utterly painful to dress the things when washing the car too!

I went down to the last £10 when buying the 300h. Then I even asked for them to do a number plate change free lol. Of course they refused but gave me £10 off lmao

do you have a part number off the bins as they maybe the same a toyota part at a significantly lower price

See post 13 and yes they are available at less (half) than Lexus price all discussed in this thread!! Lexus are like a bogof in reverse so more of a buy one pay double!!

Ed :innocent:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links