Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is It Me Or Is The Is300h Getting More 'common'

Over the last few weeks I've defintily noticed more IS300H on the road. I seem to remember Lexus putting a blog out about improving sales numbers in Europe earlier this year.

Has anyone else notice this??

I'd like to think that more are being sold than being scrapped at this point in time so it must be getting more common ;)

Sales figures so far this year are approximately the same as last year. Just over 2,000 sold at the end of July.

Not noticed anymore, but the sales figures probably include replenishing thier internal stock. Courtises/pool cars (all though they'd never tell the tax man they used the cars themselves :whistling: ​ ), so should be the same in my thoughts. As said if there is a few people from a company that uses them as fleet cars, then you would see a spike in numbers in your respective areas.

So may be its just around where I live than :)

It's worth noting that the salesmen are all driving around IS300h's where I live. I spotted 3 in a week in the same route at the same time on different days. I noted the look of the driver and the driver was the same on all 3 occasions but in different IS300Hs!!

I regularly see a black one (same as mine) and a white Premium in Brentwood. Considering I drive mainly within M25 and Central London they are still a rare sight. CT200's are a different matter - see far more of those (but they have been around for quite a while)

A lot to do with the mega contract hire deals a few months ago, I picked one up for £185.00 plus vat per month, couldn't justify buying it at those rates, gone up now mind you.

Oh my god that is cheap. I bet depreciation is more than that. Do you mind me asking what the deal was (mileage / term / deposit etc),

My wife is after a new car, I bet over 3 years of ownership that has worked out cheaper than her crappy suzuki.

ok, which I never read the comment about lease deals. Just had a very quick look and M135i is coming in very nice for the wife, not much more than her crappy suzuki is probably going to cost us over 3 years of ownership ;). She only does about 4,000miles / year so fuel economy really doesn't matter... :)

ok, which I never read the comment about lease deals. Just had a very quick look and M135i is coming in very nice for the wife, not much more than her crappy suzuki is probably going to cost us over 3 years of ownership ;). She only does about 4,000miles / year so fuel economy really doesn't matter... :)

Sure you're wife can handle it? I had issues with that particular car lol - its not exactly what you'd call "driver friendly"

Sure you're wife can handle it? I had issues with that particular car lol - its not exactly what you'd call "driver friendly"

My wife drove my old 380bhp+ 335i, with a quaife LSD, uprated dampers/springs, anti-roll bars, rear subframe bushes daily for 18 months whilst I used her Civic for a 100 mile a day commute. Her only complaint about the 335i was the noise it made and how it drank fuel :msn-oh:

She used to drive an RX8, I told her that you have to rev the engine hard and let redline and make it beep every now and then or you'll damage the engine.

The first time she did it she was overtaking a bus in 30 zone in 3rd gear, so doing about 80mph!

I do quite like the thought of having a 135i as a weekend toy... My friend just got the new M3, it is absolutely amazing. I was really shocked by the whole experience of noise and power.

• Like 1

I ordered it from Lexus Reading and service was great. It was on 6 + 23 so about £1100 deposit and 23 monthly payments of £185 + vat. 8k mileage allowance with 10ppm excess mileage. It was a 300h exec, didn't bother with any options as already good spec, I actually like the solid black which was included.

• Like 1

She used to drive an RX8, I told her that you have to rev the engine hard and let redline and make it beep every now and then or you'll damage the engine.

The first time she did it she was overtaking a bus in 30 zone in 3rd gear, so doing about 80mph!

I do quite like the thought of having a 135i as a weekend toy... My friend just got the new M3, it is absolutely amazing. I was really shocked by the whole experience of noise and power.

RX8 is nothing in comparison - a 135i is difficult to control sometimes - the 235i is more stable.

Forget the M135i if you want a weekend toy, the reason I love my old 335i was because it was easy to use day to day, and still could deliver 90-95% of what my old DC Integra R could do on an empty B road.....If it's a weekend your after, you want something much more special.

Also forget the new M3, its uses the same engine as my old E90 335i, and that came out in 2006!!!

If you want a weekend you, and BMW in-line 6's do if for you, you cannot beat the CSL, and it's an appreciating asset :)

M3-csl.jpg

• Like 1

RX8 is nothing in comparison - a 135i is difficult to control sometimes - the 235i is more stable.

What do you mean by difficult to control...The point of a RWD 300bhp car is the fact you can get the tail out for a little wag by using your right foot. People don't buy these cars to make them feel safe. If you tried to use 100% of the power in my old E90 335i on a slightly damp/cambered road, you better be ready for it to try and throw you into the nearest ditch (and tried it did on many occasions), and that was in a straight line :)

It's the one thing I really miss about RWD, with my FWD Leaf all you get is understeer, followed by understeer, followed by more understeer, and than the TC kicks in kills all the power....and than I realise I'm about to run out of charge and have to crawl home at 30mph :)

What do you mean by difficult to control...The point of a RWD 300bhp car is the fact you can get the tail out for a little wag by using your right foot. People don't buy these cars to make them feel safe. If you tried to use 100% of the power in my old E90 335i on a slightly damp/cambered road, you better be ready for it to try and throw you into the nearest ditch (and tried it did on many occasions), and that was in a straight line :)

It's the one thing I really miss about RWD, with my FWD Leaf all you get is understeer, followed by understeer, followed by more understeer, and than the TC kicks in kills all the power....and than I realise I'm about to run out of charge and have to crawl home at 30mph :)

As in - its difficult to keep in a straight line with your foot planted to the floor LOL. Its a ditch finder - hence why so many have crashed!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links