Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspiciously Cheap Lexus

oh so you went there and saw the car ? How is it BTW ? And how on earth one does so many miles in such a short time frame? Is it worn out car? did it get two or more oil changes per year or something ?

...thanks.

How the hell can you do 130k in 3 yrs must have driven 24/7 no rest think should offer him 3-4 k and get another engine he hasn't put it back by 30k as it's only showing 100k on advert mind you looks nice in white but is it looked after????? If it's near I would go @ see it just to see if it's really got 100k on clock.lot of ppl don't check on mot history. Net just go by on clock @ mot's

It's very easy to do 130,000 miles in three years. For eleven years working in South Wales and SW England, I averaged 50,000 miles each year.

It only equates to an average of 200 miles each working day.

I did my mileage in Vectras, Mondeos, Passats and Accords. It would have been a lot easier in an IS !!

Sure it is very easy and no doubt enjoyable. But its way above normal milage and more diesel territory. That car is practically worthless, you can get a one with normal miles for 3/4k thousand pounds more

Sure it is very easy and no doubt enjoyable. But its way above normal milage and more diesel territory. That car is practically worthless, you can get a one with normal miles for 3/4k thousand pounds more

From "suspiciously cheap" to "practically worthless". Which is it to be?

Sure it's overpriced - but what car isn't when it's on the forecourt. But worthless? As long as it's got a full service history, a recent MOT and is in reasonable condition my guess is it's probably worth at least £4K (assuming 130K miles). With such high mileage there's probably little to no market data on its true value. It's effectively worth whatever a buyer is prepared to pay for it.

If it's had proper servicing and had been driven mostly on motorways it could easily have 100K miles left in it. A lot more than worthless, but I'm not sure £8K odd is cheap! I've taken several cars well past 200K miles and that's not company cars - they mostly got changed at less than 100K.

I've done 50K miles a year during several periods of my career - not hard to do! Glad I don't do it anymore though!

the MOT centre wont lie, it was over 130k miles. Which is a hell lot more than advertised.

At 130k miles that car will basically need a new engine and probably major suspension parts etc. Cant see it getting sold anytime soon.

the MOT centre wont lie, it was over 130k miles. Which is a hell lot more than advertised.

At 130k miles that car will basically need a new engine and probably major suspension parts etc. Cant see it getting sold anytime soon.

Why do you think that it would need a new engine? An engine can cover maybe 500k miles if serviced correctly and if it has done that sort of mileage it probably has been well maintained. If the car was 10/12 years old then you wouldn't be so concerned. Same with suspension parts....why would it be so certain that major parts need replacing? Were there advisories about suspension on the last MOT? I have covered many thousands of miles over the years clocking 150K + in cars with no major issues because I had them properly maintained.

131k over 43 months is only around 750 miles per week which is surely within the capabilities of any modern 2.5 lt engine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links