Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was just about to say I'd think he will pull it and say something like due to time waster and re-advertise it until.he gets £5000, or so he thinks he'll get for it

The thing with lexuschaps is if you go to mot history on the previous mot it stated quiet a few advisories but when he got it a week ago he's put a brand new mot on it. If he's got proof all the work was done from the previous mot then it's all good, but lexuschap must have a friend who does mot's and provides him with receipts for work because he seems to always have receipts for work done.

This new MOT look up is proving very useful, at one time you could only access this information if you had the paperwork related to the car you wished to check.

Regarding advisories when I had mine MOTd for the 1st time in 2006 there were advisories for "scored front discs" and "perished front brake hoses" but these have not been flagged since although never replaced so I put it down to an over zealous tester creating work.

Being local I am going to view the Nottingham car later this afternoon, I will report back in due course.

Went to view the car this afternoon as arranged.

A young lady came out, handed me the keys and said take it around the block and have a look around it,ring the door bell when you're done.

"I don't know if you know anything about these cars" I replied "That's mine parked behind" "Oh another Lexus, I didn't see that, my partner tends to change cars every 6 months and this is the best one we have ever had but with child number 4 on the way we now need something a little bigger".

The car is pretty clean with as described a few scuffs on the rear bumper and scratches on the paintwork, interior is very tidy, all seats good, wheels are 17" with newish budget tyres fitted.

Engine bay is tidy with all fluids except the oil level correct ( oil was at the very bottom of the dipstick when checked but oil was clean and fresh) and the ATF was a clear cherry red. Engine starts immediately on turn of the key and is nice and quiet.

Only rust I noticed was around a 6" long area under the upper windscreen rubber, the paint hadn't broken but you could feel the lift of paint and see it was pushing the seal away from the body. Rear wheel arches were surprisingly clear of any mud/crud build up. A few fixing screws missing from the under engine cover (haven't we all)

There was something dripping from under the transmission area driver's side but could have been AC condensate or a dribble from the exhaust flange joint (no noticeable blow)

All discs are new with no wear edges present, both front UCAs have been replaced albeit with aftermarket ones.

Boot was clean and tidy,even the toolbox torch was still in there wrapped in cellophane, full size spare with what may be the original unused Dunlop tyre.

Needs a good exterior detailing and some quality wax/polish to fully bring out the shine.

Didn't drive it as not sure re insurance.

Price is now up to 3.3K so may make what he wants, had I not got my 1994 I would have seriously considered it.

• Like 3

Went to view the car this afternoon as arranged.

A young lady came out, handed me the keys and said take it around the block and have a look around it,ring the door bell when you're done.

"I don't know if you know anything about these cars" I replied "That's mine parked behind" "Oh another Lexus, I didn't see that, my partner tends to change cars every 6 months and this is the best one we have ever had but with child number 4 on the way we now need something a little bigger".

The car is pretty clean with as described a few scuffs on the rear bumper and scratches on the paintwork, interior is very tidy, all seats good, wheels are 17" with newish budget tyres fitted.

Engine bay is tidy with all fluids except the oil level correct ( oil was at the very bottom of the dipstick when checked but oil was clean and fresh) and the ATF was a clear cherry red. Engine starts immediately on turn of the key and is nice and quiet.

Only rust I noticed was around a 6" long area under the upper windscreen rubber, the paint hadn't broken but you could feel the lift of paint and see it was pushing the seal away from the body. Rear wheel arches were surprisingly clear of any mud/crud build up. A few fixing screws missing from the under engine cover (haven't we all)

There was something dripping from under the transmission area driver's side but could have been AC condensate or a dribble from the exhaust flange joint (no noticeable blow)

All discs are new with no wear edges present, both front UCAs have been replaced albeit with aftermarket ones.

Boot was clean and tidy,even the toolbox torch was still in there wrapped in cellophane, full size spare with what may be the original unused Dunlop tyre.

Needs a good exterior detailing and some quality wax/polish to fully bring out the shine.

Didn't drive it as not sure re insurance.

Price is now up to 3.3K so may make what he wants, had I not got my 1994 I would have seriously considered it.

Well done Steve. Mike.

• 2 months later...

These babies that come along without so much as a by your leave,  I have seen even cats, dogs and other various pets  being thrown out because one of these things are on the way or have arrived. These people often become susceptible to allergies as well. We bought a family up and apart from buying a bigger house to house them all in I don't think we made any changes, certainly never sold a car because of them.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links