Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Discounted Service Package

I've just booked 3 Services (2 Intermediate and 1 full) plus 2 MOTs at Lexus Chester for my RC-F. The price is the same for an IS-F, hence my posting the information here.

It cost £833.50 which is a nice 26.5% discount on the standard £1135 cost.

I'm not sure if it is a Lexus wide offer, or just Chester.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I visited Lexus Leeds (Vantage Group) today to get a price on servicing for an ISF. The car I am buying is on 32,500 miles and has been serviced every year. It had a intermediate service last year so is due the full this year.

I have been quoted £1296.45 for 1 full service, 1 intermediate and 1 full+100 along with 3 MOTs, 3 fuel treatments and one air conditioning service. Was also told that the warranty prices have gone up by £100 this year so £895 for 2 years.

Edit - looks like prices vary by dealers. I rang Lexus Bradford (RRG Group) who just gave me the standard price as shown online, no discounts at all for buying 3 years of services and tests in one go. Very strange!

The 2 year warranty for £895 is still a bargain. They used to quote £795 per year, and occasionally ran a promotion of 2 years for the price of one. I'd suggest buying it whilst it at that price.

On 1/18/2016 at 11:50 AM, GibletPH said:

I visited Lexus Leeds (Vantage Group) today to get a price on servicing for an ISF. The car I am buying is on 32,500 miles and has been serviced every year. It had a intermediate service last year so is due the full this year.

I have been quoted £1296.45 for 1 full service, 1 intermediate and 1 full+100 along with 3 MOTs, 3 fuel treatments and one air conditioning service. Was also told that the warranty prices have gone up by £100 this year so £895 for 2 years.

Edit - looks like prices vary by dealers. I rang Lexus Bradford (RRG Group) who just gave me the standard price as shown online, no discounts at all for buying 3 years of services and tests in one go. Very strange!

Worth going to Bradford in person. They do VERY good prices if you know how to bargain. Ive always been to Bradford, Leeds have been quoting me expensive prices for a while now - in fact the last trip I made it cost £50 for 4 tyres changing and £27 for an MOT. Leeds were charging £20 a tyre and £45 for MOT!

Its also worth telling them that you've got a quote from Lexus Leeds of £1296.45 and they'll probably beat it (im sure Bradford have a price beat promise)

I got a price from Lexus Sheffield and whilst it is cheaper than Bradford it is still more expensive compared to Leeds. I might make a trip down to Lexus Bradford once I have the car but it makes a lot of sense for me to stick with Leeds since they are a 10 min drive from my workplace. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is the £895 for two years warranty a time-limited offer ? I bought a 2 year warranty for £795 when I bought the car about 15 months ago. Would be really interested in buying again in October just for the peace of mind. Any ignore of any dealers offering deals on this ?

Thanks,

Gavan

I believe that £895 is the standard 2-4-1 price this year - http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranty-and-insurance/#LexusCareExtendedWarranty

Only spotted the paid option for this forum yesterday evening and the main dealer discount. My local main dealer seems to offer 15% so I'll be calling them to ask if that includes service packages and the warranty. 

1 hour ago, Toothy said:

Why do people take out the extended warranties when these cars are known to be mostly bullet proof?
I assume servicing is additional to this cost too?

I was told that the water pump is a known weak point, that combined with the touchscreen issues has made me consider getting the warranty for peace of mind. Yes, servicing is additional but the warranty does include European wide breakdown cover so it's pretty good for the money.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

I was told that the water pump is a known weak point, that combined with the touchscreen issues has made me consider getting the warranty for peace of mind. Yes, servicing is additional but the warranty does include European wide breakdown cover so it's pretty good for the money.

Must admit I didn't renew my warranty when it ran out and had no problems. If the water pump was going to leak I'm sure it would of done by now and already been fixed. The touchscreen is an easy fix and not 100% sure its part of the warranty anyway.

At the end of the day it's peace of mind. £400 per year is not a lot "if" something goes wrong. Nothing has been documented yet about any ISF problems but someone has to be the first as they get older. And "if" something goes wrong it will be mega £££££'s.

Just thank goodness we don't have M3's or AMG63's. They 100% need a warranty.

• Like 1

Aye, whilst they are bulletproof I still like having the warranty for peace of mind. Add in the breakdown cover which also includes a hire car allowance in the event of the car needing to go in for repair and it's worth the money. Works out to be £37.29 a month over the 2 years. 

• Like 1

I must be a bit of a gambler! No warranty for me! I put £50/month into a separate account that I can raid if the worst happens. 

As opposed to an old Mercedes SL500 I had. I had a warranty with Warranty Direct and probably paid about £1000 in 3 yrs into the plan. I must have had at least 7-8x that back. Great car, but monumentally complicated and unreliable! I'm probably blacklisted from WD for life! 

• Like 3

On 23 November 2015 at 1:19 PM, MNMJ said:

I've just booked 3 Services (2 Intermediate and 1 full) plus 2 MOTs at Lexus Chester for my RC-F. The price is the same for an IS-F, hence my posting the information here.

It cost £833.50 which is a nice 26.5% discount on the standard £1135 cost.

I'm not sure if it is a Lexus wide offer, or just Chester.

do the M.O.T,S last forever, as your not going to use them for 3 years, i have just asked for a quote for my first service, so it will be interesting to see what they come back with and if it does make it cheeper buying a service package.

Good point on the MOTs. I have a vague memory that the first MOT is now after 4 years instead of 3. So the MOT bit could be worthless. I'll ask when I'm next in.

Do let us know what deal you get on the 1st service

23 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

Good point on the MOTs. I have a vague memory that the first MOT is now after 4 years instead of 3. So the MOT bit could be worthless. I'll ask when I'm next in.

Where have you heard that? :lol:

The way cars are built these days 3 years for a M.O.T does seem a bit to soon, i took my 3 year old GS450h for its M.O.T last year, the guy just looked at it, scratched his head, looked under the car and blew the horn, and that was about it, didn't even put those pipes up the exhaust, i suppose they can't as its a hybrid. the car had only done 10k miles, i suppose a car with much higher millage may need a M.O.T after 3 years, perhaps they could do it after 4 years or so many miles. i popped into my local dealership yesterday to discus  my first years service, he told me of a guy who got his RC-F two weeks before me and has just had his third service with 32k on the clock, apparently drives all round Europe for work so i suppose he would need a M.O.T after 3 years.

I had my first MOT last year in the RX and they were just like we'll do it for £27 because we know there's not going to be any serious checking involved. Mind you I was on the 30k though.

Not all cars are built like a Lexus, not all cars do low mileage prior to their first MOT. And not all drivers look after their cars during this three years period.

So, all in all, 3 years I feel is about right, it certainly doesn't need extending

• Like 1

On 5 February 2016 at 10:00 PM, MNMJ said:

Dealership has just got back to me with a cost for the first service of £250 inc VAT, parts and labour. or £1000 for a 3 service package, i am assuming that the minor service is every other odd year and a major service is every other even year, until you get to the 6th year when you have to re mortgage your house. service 

1 = £250

2=  £ ?

3= £250

so depending how much the 2nd major service is going to be and how much servicing will increase in the next 2 years will depend on weather a £1000 for a 3 year service is good value or not, i think it will be pretty close.

£833 for 3 years is a good deal 

I've not asked for individual RC-F service prices wendle, but £1135 was the start point for years 1,2 and 3. The IS-F was certainly as you described: Years 1,3 and 5 were minor, with years 2 and 4 bigger. I sold it before the 6 year service, but it was due to be a biggie. I also suspected I was due new brakes in 2016, and possibly new tyres. So it was cheaper to by the RC-F

• 1 month later...

Went ahead with the service plan today. It was £33.60 more to go via the direct debit option but they knocked the difference off so £1296.54 via direct debit for 3 years worth of servicing and MOTs with the fuel treatment on each service plus an air con service next year. That's a saving of £596.65 compared to list. 4 payments of £106.98 followed by 24 payments of £36.20.

The three services are a full one in August this year, an intermediate in 2017 and the Full + in 2018. 

Had a look around the new GSF as well whilst I was there. The interior is lovely! 

Good work on the service plan Giblet!

I had a sit in the GSF at the Hedge End dealers. The alcantara (I think) dash was stunning. Might have to start saving! £71,995 as displayed! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links