Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bangs For Your Buck

I would go for the is300 all day long and it would be very high on my wish list ,i realy feel the biggest let down with the is200 is the lack of power .i think a car that looks so good should have something to back it up .i test drove one before i bought my GS and was very disapointed with the lack of power . the s/c route makes hell of a difference to the power i would imagine but the is300 would still win me over as i have never been one for sticking bits on to improve performance and would rather shell out the extra dosh in the first place and get the 300.Also i would never buy an import from a garage i did not know and trust there are a lot of clocked and stolen imports out there and there are not many ways of checking them out .When they first started comming into the country i thought it was a clockers paradise ,they convert the speedo and put what mileage they like on them and of course service history is in japenese not to mention accident damage etc.Also i put the shear volume of imports down to the fact that the dealers make such massive profits from them without having to worry about history ,previous owners etc,why do you think so many dealers have stopped selling english cars and gone down the import route Please note i did say i would never buy an import from a garage i do not know, i would buy one from one i did and am seriously considering an aristo twin turbo as my next car .

I would go for the is300 all day long and it would be very high on my wish list ,i realy feel the biggest let down with the is200 is the lack of power .i think a car that looks so good should have something to back it up .i test drove one before i bought my GS and was very disapointed with the lack of power .As for the s/c route makes hell of a difference to the power i would imagine but the is300 would still win me over as i have never been one for sticking bits on to improve performance and would rather shell out the extra dosh in the first place and get the 300.Also i would never buy an import from a garage i did not know and trust there are a lot of clocked and stolen imports out there and there are not many ways of checking them out .When they first started comming into the country i thought it was a clockers paradise ,they convert the speedo and put what mileage they like on them and of course service history is in japenese not to mention accident damage etc.Also i put the shear volume of imports down to the fact that the dealers make such massive profits from them without having to worry about history ,previous owners etc,why do you think so many dealers have stopped selling english cars and gone down the import route Please note i did say i would never buy an import from a garage i do not know, i would buy one from one i did and am seriously considering an aristo twin turbo as my next car .

I agree, i would always advise buying one from a member of BIMTA or at least that the car has a BIMTA certificate or 2... :whistling:

I know people must be getting a little bored with me saying the same thing all the time..... but i`ll say it anyway.

Altezza rather than spend all that extra money on a is300... then with the HUGH saving you can modify to your hearts content.

Yep... I'm deffo getting bored with it... :winky:

I'd much rather have an IS300 than a Tezza, I'm sure there great cars, but I'd much rather stick with a UK spec (personal opinion) unless i was considering some serious mods...

I havent driven the IS300 Paul, but if i was upgrading, i certainly would be pestering the dealer for a 24 Hour test drive..

*****, if I known I'd have started world war three!

Fidgits, I have driven the is300 on the open road event last year from a slow rolling start, the acceleration was just stunning and scared the crap out of my passenger.

I've also considered importing a new is200 from the continent, where I believe you can get the SC as a 'factory fitted' option.

Would this offer me a chance of having a pan european warrenty?

As for the other guys, thanks for the advice.... I'll leave the tezza as my sat nav in my current is200 is just a *** send... And, as mentioned, the heated seasts are fab this time of year.

Gonna have a good luck at this bitch slapping contest in the is200 v tezza thread now!

Thanks all.

Perhaps something along these lines should apopear in the FAQ? IS200 v SC is200 V is300 V tezza

Paul.

If you wanna go in a IS200 SC, you only need ask :)

FWIW, i had a go in IS300 at openroad too.

Enjoyed it loads - surprised myself at that but the tiptronic was fun.

Not sure if the fun would be there long term but hey i'm tempted !

Hmm, Wonder what Mr TTE recommends in the SC dept for those ?

Don't TRD do one stateside ? Hmm, wonder if it'd fit RHD <evil grin>

I'd probably go for the IS300 too, I was reading some of the US sites, can't remember which now, and they have IS300's pushing 500bhp and over - it's frigging crazy - they were talking about modding until the car was quicker (so they said) than an M3!

I'm hoping to move to the USA to work in the next 18 months so if that happens I'll probably pick up an IS300 as they're cheaper over there.....

IS300 - Sweet, just sweet.

I changed from a 200 to a 300, mainly because I got a good deal (My 200 was only 8 months old!!!!), the Xenon Lights (Such a differance!!), full leather.....and oh, of course the Grrrrrr 3Ltr engine.

Truth is the e-shift is interesting, and fun on the swirling roads, when I turn onto my lane for the last 5 miles home, its always on e-shift!!!!

The Auto box, is smooth if driven right, and it does take a little getting used too, but still sweet!!!!

So, IS300 then :-D

• 10 months later...

I have driven a 200, 300 and had one of scott's tezz's for the afternoon and the tezz is by and far the most exciting to drive. The 300 is much more smooth and noticably slower than the tezz but then i would always have a 300 over a tezz unless i was going to modify in a big way. Either way they are both better than my 200 and a straight choice between a 200 or tezz it would be a tezz.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links