Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This morning, my door mirrors were iced solid in the folded position.

This occurred a few days ago and I was able to free them with a little persuasion ! Today however, I was fearful of them wrenching off the door if I applied too much force.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution ? Is the solution just to de-activate the function until icy mornings have passed ?

I think you possibly answered your own question there Steve.

Glad I don't have the auto folding mirror come winter, my uncle has them and he has sat on the drive waiting for them to work.:lol:

• Like 1

At night I often flip my wipers up too.

The 250 SE-L has the front screen electrically heated just beneath the wipers....very effective it is too.

Yes Garry, I did suspect I was answering my own question :)

Thanks for your replies.

At night I often flip my wipers up too.

The 250 SE-L has the front screen electrically heated just beneath the wipers....very effective it is too.

Yes Garry, I did suspect I was answering my own question :)

Thanks for your replies.

Hmm perhaps boiling a kettle maybe a more effective method to get them to free up?

My other half, before I built a car port for her car, used an old sheet to cover the windscreen held on by the wipers, it wrapped around the wing mirrors.

You'd be surprised how clear the windscreen and mirrors were the next morning whatever the weather.

Think I'll get Mrs ledzep to knit a pair of mirror mittens :winky: I could join them with string so they don't get lost !

I have some leds to replace the puddle lights, I'll clean and silicon spray the mechanism when I have it apart.

• Like 1

Think I'll get Mrs ledzep to knit a pair of mirror mittens :winky: I could join them with string so they don't get lost !

I have some leds to replace the puddle lights, I'll clean and silicon spray the mechanism when I have it apart.

That was going to be my next suggestion, wrap them, with some old towels.

witnessed this today at -1C outside.

started the car one side was frozen solid. Got released after a few minutes of rear / side mirror heaters.

For some reason lexus likes to freeze solid noticeably the doors and wipers.

I've had this happen to me. It was not the motor frozen up though.

There was a layer of ice between the bottom of the mirror cowl and the mounting shoulder(where it fits to the door). Probably overnight rain that had frozen. It was locked up solid. Quick squirt of de-icer sorted it out. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links