Recommended Posts

I was planning to see the grey/green one in Swindon on Thursday, but I spotted this one on Gumtree and only 35 miles away.  Mint condition, 117K complete Lexus history to date, and owned by the present guy for the last 10 years, he's just bought an LS460.  Even the steering motors both work!  It could be 3 years old, I've rarely seen a car of this age looking so immaculate.  Picking it up next week.  I may well be having coilovers fitted, well, at the first sign of trouble anyway!  I'll put some better photos on when I get it back. 

 

063.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Congratulations and I hope you have many miles of trouble free motoring

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Lexmanic said:

Nice..........How much?

Now that's almost as bad as asking a woman her age!  I paid £2,400

Hard to believe that he always kept it in that garage, but he did.  It doesn't look big enough but he opened it up to reveal his LS460 inside.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just from that one picture it looks like you have found the best one in the country,I always say I would never get another as nice as what I already have but that would have seriously tempted me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that looks a lovely car,phil,enjoy it ,i should wait until you have problems with suspension ,may never happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree with Steve. That picture would sell it to me. What a fantastic looking specimen. Mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you gentlemen, and I can honestly say the photo doesn't do it justice.  I turned up in my work clothes and I was uncomfortable about sitting inside because it looked like it had just come out of the showroom.  It'll need a couple of tyres soon, and when the weather improves I'll replace the radiator as a precaution. The cambelt was replaced by Lexus about 40k ago so hopefully no worries there, and it has 3 keys which is good.  The guy was clearly fanatical about looking after it, he's just about to retire and says his LS460 will be his last Lexus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a wonderful find !  Plenty of photos when you get it please.  An LS460 might well be my retirement barge in 6 years time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations.  You must be chuffed.  I look forward to coming over and seeing it some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scribe said:

Congratulations.  You must be chuffed.  I look forward to coming over and seeing it some time.

Most definitely, and you're welcome to drive it, it'll interesting to know your thoughts comparing the two models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also wanted to add my congrats, looks like a winning purchase.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks lovely and by the sound of it the perfect sort of owner to buy from. Enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Most definitely, and you're welcome to drive it, it'll interesting to know your thoughts comparing the two models.

Dangerous - I'll probably want one then!

I agree with Barney - just the sort of owner you want to buy from.  He's not a member of this forum, presumably?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just shows you need to be patient and a genuine one will come up.

AS LONG AS IT IS NOT IN THE WEST MIDLANDS!

 

That looks immaculate and well worth the money. Keep us all posted on your ownership.

 

Congratulations on finding a good LS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

It just shows you need to be patient and a genuine one will come up.

AS LONG AS IT IS NOT IN THE WEST MIDLANDS!

 

That looks immaculate and well worth the money. Keep us all posted on your ownership.

 

Congratulations on finding a good LS!

When I spoke to the guy selling his car in Swindon he said he had a call from someone in the Midlands offering to buy it without even seeing it, offering a silly price of course....I wonder who that was...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations, looks like a lot of car for little money.Enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scribe said:

Dangerous - I'll probably want one then!

I agree with Barney - just the sort of owner you want to buy from.  He's not a member of this forum, presumably?

No, certainly not a member.  He said he always asks Lexus to tell him if there are any problems.  I'm not sure he's all that mechanically minded, but he certainly knows how to look after a car, a very nice gent anyway.

I hope after all the nice words from everyone it lives up to expectations!  I'm picking it up on Tuesday as it's the start of the month, i didn't want to tax it until then. Let me know when you want to meet up, I'm happy to come your way this time if you prefer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your more patient than iam. I would have taxed it. Our family volvo is going soon. I'd be tempted into an lpg one of these. Maybe a bit big fir everyday use though 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Your more patient than iam. I would have taxed it. Our family volvo is going soon. I'd be tempted into an lpg one of these. Maybe a bit big fir everyday use though 

 

I'm not generally like that, it must be old age maturing me! At least you didn't land yourself with a duffer today. My Volvo is a lovely car and I use it as a nice workhorse, but we all need a toy as well don't we!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you have more luck than I did with mine. Changing the radiator is a good idea, I think that's what caused my gearbox to fail in the spectacular way it did allowing water into the gearbox. One minute I was driving a nice car, the next I was at the side of the road awaiting green flag rescue with no drive in any gears!!! The cost of repair or replacement was more than the car was worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

Hope you have more luck than I did with mine. Changing the radiator is a good idea, I think that's what caused my gearbox to fail in the spectacular way it did allowing water into the gearbox. One minute I was driving a nice car, the next I was at the side of the road awaiting green flag rescue with no drive in any gears!!! The cost of repair or replacement was more than the car was worth.

I replaced the radiator on my last LS430, it's a very easy job. I posted some photos of where I believe the problem begins.  I took the old one apart and the cooler inside was fine, and made of aluminium, but the unions where the transmission pipes join it outside were going very rusty.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done, Phil - just wanted to add my congratulations on what looks like a great buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Colin M said:

Well done, Phil - just wanted to add my congratulations on what looks like a great buy.

Thank you,

I picked it up today and it really is lovely! Because of the condition inside and out I'm happy to spend some money if and when needed to keep it that way.  It would be very hard to find another one as nice.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.