Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door locking

Beau Nidle

Hi... once more I come looking for advice.....  The car (and driver!!) sees a lot of reluctant weekend duty as 'Dad's Taxi' and I wondered if there is any way of cancelling the automatic door locking.  The doors seem to lock automatically at about 20mph or so and then have to be unlocked after I stop to let someone out.   I know some would find this feature useful but it's a damn nuisance to me.  can anyone help please?

Rob

without nav

press the disp on steering wheel, go to settings, select vehicle then search for speed sensitive auto lock then disable it.

or look in your manual chapter 6-2 customization

Hi...   Apologies for my tardiness... Have had computer trouble at home so using the works machine here...

Verdout - no, my car doesn't have those door lock settings.  You have a different car so guessing the software is entirely different.

Rayaans - yes, agree it's not a chore to put the car into park but when I just stop to let somebody hop out it would be easier if the doors weren't locked. Remember things, at my age, is not as easy as it used to be....

Ian - Have been through the setup and can't find anything to do with door locking.

200H - Tried to follow what you say but sorry, that info must be for another car.

Verdout (2nd post).  Well yes, I am bothered about it but it's a not a critical issue and also please see my introductory comment.

All -  It's surprising how different the setup procedures on all the different cars are.  Pleased to hear from someone who has the  same model as me.

Rob

the info i gave is for the CT without nav ,i used to have the SE-L without nav and the disp button is on the steering wheel

if you have nav then you should of said,i did also say to look in the manual section 6-2 customization  and you will find the

nav version in there as well.

If you have the Nav pop up screen from memory its under Menu > Setup > Vehicle Customisation.  This menu is only accessible when the car is stationary, if you try to do this on the move then the options are shaded out.

I cant remember all the choices, but you can have the doors set to unlock when the drivers door is opened, or when "P" is pressed, or not locked at all.  I have mine set to when P is pressed

• Like 2

Beau, if you have any further request for information on this topic I have a 2012 model with sat nav. As previously stated it is accessed through the button on your steering wheel.

i can take you through it in picture form if that would help :-)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mandon75 said:

Beau, if you have any further request for information on this topic I have a 2012 model with sat nav. As previously stated it is accessed through the button on your steering wheel.

i can take you through it in picture form if that would help :-)

Hi Paul....     I would be very grateful indeed if you would do so..     Call me old thicky thicko if you like but I'm still having problems getting to grips with this.  I suspect that age has a lot to do with it...

Rob  

hi old thicky thicko (you did say "call me old thicky thicko")

here is a link for a pdf for the nav model ct

www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT200h-with-nav-LPS.pdf

Many thanks to all for your patience.   My son looked through this thread, went out to the car and two minutes later job done.  I can't believe now that I just couldn't see that, but hey ho, this is the penalty for getting old, I suppose.  

Again, many thank to all who helped.

Rob

On 29 February 2016 at 1:52 PM, Beau Nidle said:

Hi...   Apologies for my tardiness... Have had computer trouble at home so using the works machine here...

Verdout - no, my car doesn't have those door lock settings.  You have a different car so guessing the software is entirely different.

Rayaans - yes, agree it's not a chore to put the car into park but when I just stop to let somebody hop out it would be easier if the doors weren't locked. Remember things, at my age, is not as easy as it used to be....

Ian - Have been through the setup and can't find anything to do with door locking.

200H - Tried to follow what you say but sorry, that info must be for another car.

Verdout (2nd post).  Well yes, I am bothered about it but it's a not a critical issue and also please see my introductory comment.

All -  It's surprising how different the setup procedures on all the different cars are.  Pleased to hear from someone who has the  same model as me.

Rob

VERBOUT says:

I didn't say the YouTube video was for my car. I thought it was for the car you enquired about. But it was the correct information once the correct person read the thread :p

You obviously don't read the replies/posts to your enquiry properly. Please stop blaming it on your age, some of us are very mature adults but still like operating in this technology laden world.

Looking forward to your next FSQ.

I really should take notice of my signature.

Ah...   Verbout...  I seem to have inadvertently tossed the terrier a bone - you won't let this go, will you?  Yes, you really should take notice of your signature.  People of your obvious superiority should never bother with the hoi polloi...  we're all idiots, after all. 

My next FSQ will be along shortly - there is one thing I would like advice on, and I may tease you by once again using whimsy on the subject of age.  Sharpen your virtual pencil in readiness, mon brave!

Rob

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links