Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

....and no advisories.  Something of a relief as it's the first one I've had with this car.  Sadly, I don't think tomorrows dentist appointment will yield such positive results, and it will certainly cost more!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colin M said:

Good news on the car, Phil, and hope the dental appointment doesn't prove too painful tomorrow.

Thanks, Colin, and I trust all is well with you?

17 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Some Guys have all the luck, - as the song goes!

It's actually been that way with all my LS's apart from one very minor issue, and I don't say that to be smug, just to remind us how well built they are.  I just looked online for the LS430 I sold last year, it failed the MOT last week....on two light bulbs!  Not bad at 152K

• Like 1

Yes, all is well, thanks, Phil, and hope it is with you too.

Done well with my MOTs over the last couple of years - both cars passed with no advisories, so hoping for a hat trick next year ...

2 hours ago, Colin M said:

Yes, all is well, thanks, Phil, and hope it is with you too.

Done well with my MOTs over the last couple of years - both cars passed with no advisories, so hoping for a hat trick next year ...

Fine and dandy Colin, apart from a 14 hour day working in London yesterday!  I saw two LS 430's and one 400 but they're a rare sight here

56 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Great news on the MOT and I feel for you having to go to dental torturer, just imagine your in your Lexus. Mike.

I'm hoping for a slightly easier time at the dentist Mike as the nerve was removed 3 weeks ago, but boy, did it hurt!  It was only a man's pride that kept the tears at bay.  

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

What time is your appointment with the Chinese dentist Phil?

2.30 - Tooth Hurty!

Oh, very good, so good it took me time to work out if it was a serious question!  As it happens it is 2.30!!

4 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I'm hoping for a slightly easier time at the dentist Mike as the nerve was removed 3 weeks ago, but boy, did it hurt!  It was only a man's pride that kept the tears at bay.  

It hurt just reading it. Best of luck. Mike.

7 hours ago, The-Acre said:

It's actually been that way with all my LS's apart from one very minor issue, and I don't say that to be smug, just to remind us how well built they are.  I just looked online for the LS430 I sold last year, it failed the MOT last week....on two light bulbs!  Not bad at 152K

Failing on light bulbs is just Laziness. Can't you check your own car-you're supposed to each time you drive it, according to Highway Code, I think!

I'd hate to think I took so little notice of my car.

(And someone-please shoot David for that 'saw' of a joke!)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chris Skelton said:

Failing on light bulbs is just Laziness. Can't you check your own car-you're supposed to each time you drive it, according to Highway Code, I think!

I'd hate to think I took so little notice of my car.

(And someone-please shoot David for that 'saw' of a joke!)

I think you're right as one was an indicator bulb.  Bad joke or not its spooky he got the time right.  If I find my dentist has a Chinese stand in tomorrow I'm off!

• Like 1

......  on the Ls400s  ( I've had 3 now ) I was under the impression that when a bulb has failed, in my case always a rare, rear stop bulb, the warning light shows on the dash  ............ or maybe that's just because it's brake ( bulb ) related ?

Malc

2 hours ago, Malc said:

......  on the Ls400s  ( I've had 3 now ) I was under the impression that when a bulb has failed, in my case always a rare, rear stop bulb, the warning light shows on the dash  ............ or maybe that's just because it's brake ( bulb ) related ?

Malc

One was a licence plate bulb which doesn't show a warning, but you'd think they would at least know if an indicator wasn't working!  As you say, the brake light bulbs always show on the dash when they go but I'm not sure about the others, as like you, I don't remember one ever going.   Still, I'm glad to see it's still on the road, it was a good car.

I once rear-ended my Citroen CX so badly that all the lights were wrecked-but still driveable. All the way home, the dash was telling me the back lights were failed. "I KNOW!!!!" -as is the back end of the (later written off) car!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links