Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wing Mirrors

BESTY

My cousin has built a couple of these units (the type that only closes off key and then opens off ign) if anyone wants a ready made one, had loads of hasle building mine, not very good at electronics!!! PM me if anyone wants a built one.

would any security or audio installers be able to do this, not very good with electronics and would like a little backup if anything did go wrong with it

I would say no. There is nothing difficult in building this kit but it's just not something a security or audio installer would do as part of their normal job.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found someone who will make me up (and maybe fit?) a autoclose-thingy, but I don't have a clue what parts I need to get from Maplins. :blink:

If I tool a print out in, do you think they would know? or does anyone out there have a parts list? :unsure:

is this list using the timer delay bit or the 555 timer?

I would prefer a Farnell list to be honest, as they are cheaper and better! Free delivery also. Anyone can order from them, either by phone or on the website. Most stuff tends to come next day through 1st class delivery.

Me, I got most of my stuff, excluding resistors and caps which are ten a penny here!!, as free samples of manufacturers websites! he he

I actually installed a timer unit yesterday for an auto-closure unit... the diagram that i based it on was from Geoffers (posted on a forum discussion somewhere!)

He had a circuit using either electronic components or an industrial timer and relay. I was able to do it using just an industrial pulse-on timer (suppied from RS Components) as this ha d a douple-pole change over contacts. Pretty simple really - only took an hour or two!

Now the wingmirrors shut when the alrm is armed... and reopens when turning on the ignition!!!

mine is the same as scorpion's in that it opens the mirrors when you unlock it and closes everything when you lock it ( mirrors, windows and sunroof ) My dad did it all himself took him a day to do it.

The system also knows when a window is closed and doesnt try to close it or cuts the power as soon as it is closed.

My dad is willing to do the full closure on the fob including the mirrors and sunroof.

the mirrors open when you unlock the car and close on locking it, he will also supply all the parts. he would have to have the car for a day. These have been working perfectly for months on mine and scorpions.

anyone interstead PM me.

My dad is willing to do the full closure on the fob including the mirrors and sunroof.

the mirrors open when you unlock the car and close on locking it, he will also supply all the parts. he would have to have the car for a day. These have been working perfectly for months on mine and scorpions.

anyone interstead PM me.

how about posting details/plans on the site for the benefit of other owners?????

with a disclaimer of course!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links