Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving home last night I had a message appear on the dash, it said TRC OFF.  I've looked in the manual but can't see that much about it. Switched on this morning and there's nothing showing now.

Anyone got any thoughts please.

Many thanks.

Sounds like you may have hit the traction control button by mistake? I think it resets when the engine is turned off hence why nothing this morning. That's my best guess. Try pushing the button again and see if you get the same message. 

Ha ha, I think that you are absolutely right David.  Following your reply I went out and had a look at the location of the switch and it seems that it would be quite easy to hit the button without realising it and especially if you were using the EV switch without looking down, which I may well have been doing at the time.   Thank you for that.

I wouldn't worry, even when the TCR is switched 'off' it really is still on. Last winter when we had an empty snowy car park at work I tried everything possible to get the rear-end to do a bit of dancing, it just wouldn't do it, no matter what buttons I pressed, how hard I pushed the car the rear end just refused to do what I wanted. I think Lexus fully practices 'safety first' approach, shame in a way because in the few seconds of freedom you do get before the TCR kicks you can really feel the balance of the car is really good.

• Like 1

My wife causes havoc in my car when she decides to press any buttons, all sorts of lights flash, warning bleeps and it's never her fault, "it's too complicated" especially without:ranting: glasses on.

Yep you must have turned it off by mistake. Lucky it turns back on when you switch the car off eh?

I believe there's 4 modes for the traction control but not completely sure. There's definitely fully on, then 3/4 on if you press the button and 1/2 on when you depress the button for more than 5seconds. I think you can also completely disable it but you have to do that using some secret headlight switch and steering wheel button technique lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links