Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Silver IS-F's

Hi Rick

Got an Uncle on the Gold Coast in Aus, he sent me this knowing what I now drive, the Guy owned for a matter of weeks stopped at some lights and this 😡

Not written off apparently it was just repairable, lot of parts I guess never mind the labour.

Big Rat

18 hours ago, Big Rat said:

The lengths some people will go to in attempt to reduce the best colour released . 😂

Big RatIMG_0281.JPG

The patrol doesn't look like it's got a scratch on it!  I'd be so gutted.

suprised they haven't written off either, I wouldn't knowingly be buying it, that's for sure

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

Its the law of averages Paul, the more of something there is the bigger chance of something happening to it:whip:

In defence of the silver IS-F owners, here's a cut n paste from an IS-F review by EVO Magazine.

"You can now have the interior trimmed in white leather (please don’t)"

:yahoo:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

In defence of the silver IS-F owners, here's a cut n paste from an IS-F review by EVO Magazine.

Also known as sugar daddy beige!lol

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Such a shame but at least they can get it resprayed in a proper colour now 😉

Gonna report you to the mod's for chromophobia - my new made up word 😏

Big Rat

35 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Gonna report you to the mod's for chromophobia - my new made up word 😏

Big Rat

Your the one that has an issue with 'coloured minorities' ha.

'Mesa red lives matter'

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Your the one that has an issue with 'coloured minorities' ha.

'Mesa red lives matter'

Very good I like that one, how's the weather ?

Hope you've got plenty of slap on as when your back in the car if not you might not be easy to spot.

Big Rat 

Silver is the second worse colour; white being the worst of course :smile:

I am surprised that isn't a write off.  Looking at the creases in the 3/4 panel, and the fact the rear window has broken, it looks like it has been bent pretty badly.

• Like 1

Looking at your car picture is it black or blue as us chromophobic blokes are very sensitive as I said 'black&blue '😂👍

The car went to a body shop near where he works and being a car bloke GTR 🙄, he watched the repair process with interest jigs pulled and repaired, performance cars value cost I guess .

Big Rat

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I know I know, I was reading that very article 2 days ago on t,internet and they clearly don't know what they are talking about:yucky:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

Silver is the second worse colour; white being the worst of course :smile:

I am surprised that isn't a write off.  Looking at the creases in the 3/4 panel, and the fact the rear window has broken, it looks like it has been bent pretty badly.

I agree, on both counts............

7 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Bullying the elderly?!?!  As if I would do something like that! After all, perhaps I am one of them? :tongue::smile:

Yes good point, tell me seem to read a fair bit on hear about the issues of diesel is's still got yours ?

A lot of people seem to run them as taxis around here they look in good nick with obvious no signs of excess smoke etc 

Just curious.

Big Rat

Edited by Big Rat
Left out word

50 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Looking at your car picture is it black or blue as us chromophobic blokes are very sensitive as I said 'black&blue '😂👍

The car went to a body shop near where he works and being a car bloke GTR 🙄, he watched the repair process with interest jigs pulled and repaired, performance cars value cost I guess .

Big Rat

Big Rat, your not allowed to call them 'black', they get offended!  this place is like 'love thy neighbour'

Just now, Jgtcracer said:

Big Rat, your not allowed to call them 'black', they get offended!  this place is like 'love thy neighbour'

I stand corrected I will send myself off for an awareness course, there's a bloke on the newbie forum from up your way posting he's looking for an 'F' have a peek.

To get a choice I suppose he will have to come south of the wall ! I mean border 😂

Oops there I go again.... 

Big Rat

19 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Yes good point, tell me seem to read a fair bit on hear about the issues of diesel is's still got yours ?

A lot of people seem to run them as taxis around here they look in good nick with obvious no signs of excess smoke etc 

Just curious.

Big Rat

Yep, I still have mine, and you do hear about a lot of issues.

Although, to be fair, it is generally the same issues with new members asking the same questions over again.  Generally, a lot of problems can be traced back to EGR and DPF faults.

I am happy with mine so far, but I think unless your specific circumstances warrant it, the IS250 is a better bet.

Having said that, perhaps my title should be changed from 'Established Member' to 'Defender of Lexus Diesels' considering my post history. :smile:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links